Need Some Help Getting Started
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Need Some Help Getting Started Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Need Some Help Getting Started

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Some Help Getting Started Empty Need Some Help Getting Started

Post by Rowan Winterborne Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Hi! I've just joined the site and with school out...well, there's not a whole lot for Hogwarts' new Head Healer to do...

Just figured I'd post an ad to see if anyone would be interested in starting up an RP or two with Rowan. Here's the link to his bio:

https://www.pottersarmy.net/t16965-winterborne-rowan

In short (in case you don't want to read the whole saga, LOL), Rowan is a mediwizard who is finishing up his current career as a doctor on St. Mungo's Spell Damage floor and will be transitioning to Hogwarts as the "Head Healer". In the past, Hogwarts has almost always had female Matrons in charge of the hospital wing, but Rowan will be changin things up a bit (the second wizard in Hogwarts history to do so, in fact!).

Rowan is former Hufflepuff, a new member of the OoTP, friendly, a little crazy, and an all-around good guy. He's definitely in the market to make some new friends, enemies, and maybe even frenemies...so if you'd like to strike up an RP with a new character, please post here and let me know. Smile
Rowan Winterborne
Rowan Winterborne
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Need Some Help Getting Started Empty Re: Need Some Help Getting Started

Post by Simon Marek Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Hiya! I have a couple characters. Both profiles are extensive so I'll just explain a bit about them. Both at looking for just about everything when it comes to relationships.

Audriana - 24, ex-Gryffindor (though she acted like a Ravenclaw a lot). Picks up random bits of information for her job as a Procurer of hard to find things and people. She doesn't trust easily, so it would either have to be an established relationship, or it would take a little work.

Carth - 22, Ex-Gryffindor, Auror-In-Training. He's nearly done, though. They probably didn't meet in school, since Rowan is so much older. He's got a seriously strict sense of justice, and wants to one day be Head Auror.
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Winterborne Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:57 pm

I'd be game to RP with both of them. It would be easy enough for Rowan to run into them. Audriana would know Rown, but only slightly, probably, since they'd have been in school at the same time for only three years or so.

I'm about to start an open thread in the Leaky Cauldron. Feel free to stop by. Smile
Rowan Winterborne
Rowan Winterborne
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Marek Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:04 pm

That's fine! Did you have a goal in mind for either of them? I'd rather not have both in the same thread. If you were more interested in rping with one of them in particular, or had an idea of where they could end up - be it best friends, or romantic interests, or even awkward friends - they could have a separate thread.
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Winterborne Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Well, I'd be perfectly happy starting seperate threads for both of them. When it comes to character relationships, I just sort of write them and see where it goes (does that make sense)? So, we can see how Audriana and Carth interact with Rowan and go from there. :-D
Rowan Winterborne
Rowan Winterborne
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Alden Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:29 am

I think Rowan and Joshua can become friends maybe Joshua will work with Rowan in Hogwarts since he doesn't have a job and maybe he will work in Hogwarts if he doesn't become an auror
Joshua Alden
Joshua Alden
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Winterborne Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm down with that, Josh! If you want, we can do a thread together, so the two can meet (in the Wizarding World somewhere, perhaps?) and take it from there!
Rowan Winterborne
Rowan Winterborne
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Alden Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:09 am

yeah sure Maybe at the three broomsticks
Joshua Alden
Joshua Alden
Gryffindor Graduate