End of the Day - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

End of the Day - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

End of the Day

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

End of the Day - Page 2 Empty Re: End of the Day

Post by Hallie Cooper Mon May 20, 2013 11:55 pm

Hallie felt a knot twist in her stomach, this conversation was cutting it fine. What if Molly figured out that Hallie's cat hadn't got lost and was in fact curled up on a bed in a dormitory two flights of stairs above. 'Oh no, you can just casually mention it and then tell me.' She didn't want Brian to be asked to speak to her this was a test, one of those confusing tests girls conducted in attempt to figure out the male psyche.

Just then a large girl with a large personality fell through the door. Oh gosh. Hallie thought, biting her lip. The last thing she wanted was Overweight Oakes blabbing her conversation with Molly all across the castle. It appeared Mavis had also taking a liking to gravity, falling over as usual, it was no surprise she was using a crutch. Not bothering to help the poor girl up - her robes were grass stained and her hands grubby, Hallie bid farewell to Molly and left the dormitory, side stepping around the pile of blubber by the door.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Molz Weasley Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Molly was about to say something to Hallie, when she heard a massive crash, followed by Mavis. Mavis always seemed to be getting into, well, not trouble, but nothing normal seemed to ever happen to her. She was using some sort of stick to help her at the moment. Molly rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I'll talk to him. Bye Hallie!" Molly agreed hastily, wondering what on earth was up with Mavis, as Hallie exited whilst Mavis entered the room.

"Mavis, what did you do this time?" Molly asked, hoping Mavis didn't do anything too bad. The girls got on alright, though were never that close. Molly tended to keep more to herself, but Mavis seemed to like talking to people and appeared to want to befriend everyone in the castle, which Molly didn't understand at all.
Molz Weasley
Molz Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Mavis blinked taking in the scene from below as a blonde girl who she knew to be called Hayley swiftly leave the dormitory. 'Is she moving into our year?' Mavis asked Molly, excited at the prospect of sharing the dormitory with another girl. Not that there would be space for Hallie, there were only enough beds for each student in their year.

'Oh. The broomstick I was riding kind of uhh... broke whilst I was in the air... No biggie.' Mavis exclaimed thinking extremely hard to recount how she damaged herself. After all, she was forgetful. 'You couldn't help me up could you Molly. I can't get up!' Mavis cried, kicked the feet and waving her arms in the air like a upturned beetle. 'I can't get up!!' Mavis screamed before rocking her head backwards and forwards laughing at the top of her lungs at home much gravity and her got on, a big ball of snot slowly dripping down to her lips.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Molz Weasley Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Molly looked back at Mavis as the girl was watching Hallie leave.

"No, Hallie's a seventh year. She's graduating soon." she answered, "We were just chatting about stuff." she added, somewhat vaguely. There was no way a student could move down two years, unless they needed to redo two years of NEWTs or something. Mavis must not know what year Hallie was in, Molly figured.

So a broomstick accident. That was a new one. Mavis seemed to always have odd thinks happen to her. Oddball Oakes, as some called her. Mavis was a bit overweight, but Molly thought that brooms were built to withstand that. She wondered how it broke, curious about it. Brooms were one thing she did know about.

"Sorry to hear that, was it an old broom?" she asked, not wanting to pry too much. Then the girl couldn't get up, so Molly went over to help her.

"Here you go." she said, grabbing Mavis' arm and pulling her to her feet.

Molly didn't understand why Mavis was laughing about not being able to get up, but Molly put on a smile, trying not to look a little disgusted at the snot falling down Mavis' face. Molly didn't know Mavis that well, but a lot of people seemed to think she was a bit odd and strange, not necessarily in a good way. Molly didn't really pay attention to other people's thoughts much though, and just thought Mavis seemed nice but had many quirks. The girls had never talked that much, despite sharing a dorm room over the last five years, Molly preferring to keep to herself.
Molz Weasley
Molz Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:10 pm

After Molly helped Mavis to her feet Mavis clutched her chest, waiting from the stitch to fade that had been the result of her chuckling frenzy. 
'It was old-ish. I think. Umm. I don't know. Just a broom from some cupboard really. Umm. No I don't know. It didn't seem old. Umm I don't know.' 

It appeared that Mavis wasn't aware that the snot had now travelled into her mouth, nor did she know how old the broom was, which was no surprise as she wasn't an expert. In fact she wasn't an expert in anything apart from how to grow pumpkins. Mavis had taken an odd attraction to the round orange vegetable. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Molz Weasley Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:37 pm

"You ok?" Molly asked, as Mavis seemed to still be hurting or something after she had gotten up. "Do you need to go to the hospital wing?"

Molly didn't press about the broom, Mavis didn't seem to know much about them. A random broom from somewhere wasn't always the best one to use, really.

"Maybe random brooms aren't the best to try out." she said absent mindedly.

Mavis still had snot on her face, which Molly thought was kind of gross. Looking around, she saw a box of tissues on the side. She picked it up, offering them to Mavis.

"Here, you've got something on your mouth." she said, not wanting to sound too rude or anything, whilst being a bit weirded-out.

"What you been up to, apart from breaking brooms?" she asked, feeling like she should be nice to Mavis - she had just fallen off a broom, after all.
Molz Weasley
Molz Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:44 pm

'Yeah, yeah. I've been! Why, do you need to go?' Mavis replied stupidly. 'Gosh you're not hurt too are you?' Of course it didn't click to Mavis Molly wasn't asking about herself. To Mavis she'd already been the hospital wing, why would she need to go again? Unfortunately common sense was in existed when it came to Oddball Oakes.

Using her set of porky fingers, Mavis plucked a tissue from the box wiping it across her mouth. Snot. Well there was a surprise, usually it was chocolate cake or some other sort of dessert that the house elves gladly fed her down in the kitchen. 'Wow. Thanks Molly!' Mavis said, returning the used tissue to the top of the box, placing it on Molly's bed.

'Well I have been up to lots of things! I went down to the kitchens and had some food. Then I went for a wander to see if I could find someone to talk to, but they just looked at me and walked away. People aren't really talkative around here are they? THEN! I fell over broomstick that was sticking out of a cupboard so jumped out of the window whilst I was on it... to bad it snapped it half.' Mavis rambled on for what must have felt like two hours, she did talk rather slow yet was somewhat thrilled at the prospect of talking to Molly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Molz Weasley Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Molly was confused for a minute, thinking Mavis must have misunderstood her or something. Then she informed her that she'd already been to the hospital wing, so Molly just let it go.

"Er, no, I'm fine." she added, for confirmation.

As Mavis took the tissue, she didn't seem at all disgusted by it. Molly knew that she should be used to this by now, but she still wasn't. Then Mavis put the tissue on the top of the box of clean tissue.

"Don't put dirty tissues by clean ones, Mavis." Molly snapped at Mavis, not intending it to come out as rude as it did. Then she chucked the box of tissue into the bin, not wanting to keep them around.

Molly generally wasn't the most talkative person anyway, but Mavis didn't seem to help the situation around her. Molly always tried to be nice to her and everything, but the girl just didn't seem to have much social etiquette. Molly wasn't Miss Manners or anything, but she thought she at least had the decency to use a tissue and not to shove her face with food at every opportunity. As she thought this, Mavis mentioned the kitchen.

"No, people aren't really that talkative." she responded, feeling she should say something, though not really knowing what to say.
Molz Weasley
Molz Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Mavis' eyes widened in astonishment as Molly's sudden snappy tone. What was so bad about putting the used tissue with the old one? Someone could reuse her tissue - there was still space around her snot ball after all. 

'You know you'be just like wasted millions of tissues there. I mean, what if you need one to wipe your nose? Or if your cat has a poo on the bed then you'll need something to wipe it. I mean, think of all the house elves who might have made the tissues. Oh well, at least they look nice in the bin.' Mavis ranted before admiring how lovely the colours on the box blended with the other garbage in the bin. 

'We could make some decorations out of all this stuff!' Mavis cried in delight before upturning the bin, sending empty sweet wrappers, tissues, female waste, old quills and animal droppings over the dormitory floor. 

'LOOK AT THIS!' Mavis screamed plucking the case of an old stink pellet from the mess. The smell has stopped radiating from it yet the case she had a slight twinge of sulphur that had been disguised by the other contents of the bin.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Molz Weasley Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:10 pm

"Tarla would never poo on the bed." Molly quickly replied, not wanting anyone to offend her beloved cat. She loved her cat, plus of course she had house-trained her. Or castle-trained, in this case.

Then Mavis started admiring the bin, slightly odd, but it was Mavis, after all. However, then the girl emptied the bin and seemed to want to use the rubbish to decorate with. Molly thought she was completely mad.

"What on earth are you doing?" she asked, getting impatient and annoyed. Shen then started to levitate the items back in the bin, as far away from Mavis as possible.

"That stuff is rubbish. You don't want to touch it, it's in the bin for a reason." she added, not knowing how to explain to Mavis that rubbish didn't make decorations. It seemed obvious to her. Apparently it wasn't to Mavis though. Mavis was a strange, strange girl, Molly thought. Even after five years, new facets of her strangeness seemed to be constantly emerging. Nobody knew what Mavis would do next!
Molz Weasley
Molz Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum