It's Not a Product, It's a Time Machine - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It's Not a Product, It's a Time Machine - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It's Not a Product, It's a Time Machine

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's Not a Product, It's a Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: It's Not a Product, It's a Time Machine

Post by Padril Crennent Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Padril smiled back at Hallie, "Will do. It'd be good to hang out with Muggleborns more often and just talk about, y'know, normal things," he said, looking distant. "This was nice." There were so many societies dominated by purebloods, it'd really change the dynamic to have something that was basically an excuse for Muggleborns to hang out. A real sign of the changing times in Hogwarts. He was certain the school would approve.

"I can tell. I'm not sure if I'm ever going to get that good at conjuration," he said admiringly. "Are you studying it with a specific career in mind, or do you just enjoy it?" He was fairly eager to answer his earlier suspicions about her Auror ambitions. If he was correct, he would give himself a mental high five.
Padril Crennent
Padril Crennent

Number of posts : 136

Back to top Go down

It's Not a Product, It's a Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: It's Not a Product, It's a Time Machine

Post by Hallie Cooper Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:14 pm

Hallie nodding approvingly at Padril's desire to create the muggle-film club. 'You should talk to your head of house about, I am sure they'd help you get started.'

She grinned as the sixth year complimented her conjuration and vanishing abilities. 'Trust me, this time next year you'll be a wiz at them!' Hallie began. 'Oh I absolutely love transfiguration! I would like to become an auror, but I guess if I don't get the grades then I wouldn't mind being a transfiguration Professor. Then again, that all depends if Hogwarts would hire me.' Hallie added, a mischievous smirk spreading form cheek to cheek. Hallie had received her fair share of warnings and detentions throughout the year it'd be a wonder if the Headmaster would hire her as a librarian let alone a Professor.

'What subjects do you do?' Hallie asked twiddling the tips of her golden locks to keep her occupied - she hated not having something to do.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Padril Crennent Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 pm

Padril gave himself a mental high five, with a finger snap at the end for good measure. "Those are some excellent career choices," he said approvingly, though he wasn't sure if there was a lower bar on being a Transfiguration Professor than an Auror. Most Professors at Hogwarts had decades of experience, with years of practical experience and a large amount of weight in their academic field. They were among the best and brightest of the Wizarding elite. Hallie probably knew that though. Unlike a lot of Gryffindors, she definitely had her head on her shoulders. "I'm certain they'd hire you. If not, I'd get busy on collecting some blackmail stat."

Padril crossed his feet at the ankles. "Well, I do the core seven, plus Ancient Runes and Muggle Studies. I haven't quite decided if I want a wizarding career yet though" he confessed. "My parents are academics at Oxford, and I really want to study there. The campus is beautiful, and no one is a blood purist there. So that's nice."
Padril Crennent
Padril Crennent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:25 pm

'Why thank you.' Hallie replied cheerfully at Padril thinking her career choice was a good one. Hallie was one of those girls who was determined to get where she wants in life, sometimes slightly reckless and adventurous it may appear she strays from her dream but in the back of her mind it is always there. The truth was she couldn't picture herself doing anything other than magical law besides transfiguration and there weren't hundreds of careers where she'd get to use her magical abilities every day.

Hallie let out a low 'woooo' as Padril informed her of his vast number of subjects. 'You must be pretty smart to do nine subjects at NEWT level!' She explained. Hallie pulled her lips tight together in thought as he mentioned studying in a muggle institute. 'But if you have magical abilities wouldn't you want to put them to good use? You could work in muggle relations and try and form a bond between the magical and muggle community, although they are supposed to not know about us.' Hallie said, the last part more to herself than to Padril. To her she wouldn't want to leave the magical community, not now she knew so much about it. Hallie often wondered how squibs got on aware of the magical world but without the magical ability.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Padril Crennent Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:58 am

"I'm really not that smart," Padril informed her, secretly pleased. "I just work hard, and have a whole bunch of friends who help with that." He grinned. The Hufflepuff reputation for efficient study groups was well-earned. Ravenclaws were good, but they got into arguments too often, more concerned with the learning than getting their work done. 'Puffs just knew to get on with it."And I will probably have to drop Runes and Astronomy before the start of next year just to give myself a little bit of breathing room," he admitted. "I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew."

"There are few jobs in the wizarding world that actually involve putting magic to good use," Padril argued, crossing his arms. "Most of them are bureaucratic middle management, and spell research. Not enough actual focus on helping people. And I don't know if I want to be a Healer or an Auror or anything like that if I can't use my magic to help muggles. It feels wrong." There had always been a vague, unsettling feeling in Padril's stomach at the elitism of wizards and witches, especially in regards to the non-magical populace. The Healing spells and potions could save thousands, no millions of lives. Divination would save money for city-planning, disaster preparation. But they just didn't seem to care.

"I'm not sure if a position in Muggle Relations would actually help improve the relationship," Padril explained. "As you said, they can't really know about us. And a Muggleborn in a Muggle Relations committee isn't going to change any blood purists mind." He sighed. He had thought about this all before, but he had given up hope at actually changing anything in the wizarding world. Padril was sure he could be quite happy doing a Muggle job. He could actually have a conversation with his family, which would be nice.
Padril Crennent
Padril Crennent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Hallie laughed as Padril showed his modest side, well she guessed that how Hufflepuffs were. Modest. Not like Gryffindors, they liked to take pride in whatever they were good at, and for Hallie that was going on adventures and transfiguration - besides getting into trouble.
'Yes, that could be a good idea. Even the Ravenclaw's are struggling with seventh year.' Hallie added wisely, a glum expression spread across her face at the sudden reminder that she still needed to do her potions homework.

Hallie listened half-intently, half wanting to get away in order to find the Potions Professor and complete her assignment. It really seemed to Hallie that Padril was going to abandon the wizarding community as soon as he finished Hogwarts. 'So you're going to abandon magic and live the muggle life?' She asked, her eyes saddened and her eyebrows fixed in a raised frown.

Hallie couldn't give up magic. She loved it to much, although she did understand what Padril mean't about there being so few wizarding careers. Out of every career in the wizarding world she only her eye on three. Three. Hallie had to secure the grades to become an auror, there was simply no other option.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Padril Crennent Wed May 01, 2013 2:09 am

"Well, I don't want to abandon magic," Padril explained, struggling to find the words. "It's just...wizarding jobs are only half the jobs that are available to us, you know? We always forget about the muggle half. If there's a job in the Muggle world that can make you happier than a job in the wizarding world, I think you should take it, is all." He wasn't sure how to articulate how he felt. It was hard to explain to wizards that he had the goal of going to Oxford, with some Muggle aspirations. "And if I decide to pursue the Muggle Studies career, a few years of living as a Muggle certainly wouldn't hurt," he added, almost apologetically.

Oblivious to Hallie's need to study, he gestured at the cabinet where he had hidden his film stuff. "Do you have the chance to do this often? Y'know, norm-,,,muggle things," he asked, sharply correcting himself.
Padril Crennent
Padril Crennent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Hallie listening, she understood what Padril was saying although she didn't agree. She loved to use magic and the magical community, more so than the muggle community. Perhaps Padril felt this way because he had never been brought up in both worlds? Being muggle born he wouldn't have had any idea that trolls and goblins existed, to him they would have been a fantasy.

Hallie smiled as she notice Padril catch himself before he implied that wizards were abnormal. 'Not really, I have a lot of study with my NEWT's coming up, which reminds me. I really do need to find Professor Granger.' Hallie added rather downheartedly, she had been enjoying her time with Padril. 'I really am sorry to just get up and leave like this but it's really important.' Hallie told Padril apologetically, walking towards the door to leave him in the room.

Hallie pulled the door open and walked through the doorway, turning around to say. 'Let me know if you start a film club!' With a huge smile on her face. With that she went in search of Professor Granger.

/Exit Hallie Cooper

(OOC: I am sorry for cutting it short, I have a plot coming up with Hallie and want to just focus on that. I hope Hallie & Padril can role-play again Smile )
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Padril Crennent Wed May 01, 2013 1:57 pm

"Will do!" Padril called out as Hallie fled the room, bemused by the Gryffindor's sudden departure. "Nice to meet you!" He folded his arms and looked around the room, picturing the Muggle Film Club. He'd have to be in the spotlight, true; but wouldn't it be worth it so Muggleborns could have a place where they didn't feel so different? And maybe he'd find some people as interested in films as he was. That would be marvellous. He sighed, and stepped forward from the desk.

His chance encounter with Hallie had been a pleasure. She wasn't someone he usually talk to. More confident, focused, headstrong. But she had a good heart. If she became an Auror, he would be very glad. She was the sort of person he wanted protecting him from the dark.

Waving his wand through the room, the torches in the braziers exhausted themselves. He stepped out in the hallway, closing the heavy door behind him, bathing the room in blackness.

(OOC: Perfectly fine, dear. Absolutely glorious thread, helped me figure out Padril's character. You're a great rp'er, looking forward to a plot soon!)
Padril Crennent
Padril Crennent

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top