potions class#2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

potions class#2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

potions class#2

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

potions class#2 Empty potions class#2

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:53 pm

Sophia was in the Potions dugeon bright and early getting ready for her next lesson that was coming up in a few hours. Hopefully this time it would go better then it did last time, hopefully they will like her better then time. She could only hope. Walking over towards the board she wrote today's lesson on one bored for stuents lower then the fifth year and on the other today's lesson for student higher then the fourth year. Flicking her wand she made it disappear before she gotten out her lessons plans and set them on her desk. Looking at her watch she realized that it was almost time for class to start.

"Oh jeez, it's that time already?"Sophia asked herself shaking her head before she heard the first warning bell ring. Taking her seat in the desk Sophia waited for the students to come in so she could get the class started. She hoped some students showed up, she did give them a bit of a scare last time, but it wasn't nothing to bad was it? This time Sophia was going to be calm and relax as well as speak louder to where they could hear her. Flicking her wand today's lessons appeared on both of the boards.

Good Morning!
Years 1-4, please put your potion and essay from last class on my desk and turn to page 410 for the calming potion. for any ingredients you need me come see me and good luck!

Years 5-7 please place your potions and essay from last class on my desk ,and turn to page turn to page 804 for the Polyjuice Potion. For any ingredients you need, please come see me and good luck!
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

potions class#2 Empty Re: potions class#2

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:59 am

Vivianna could have skipped into Potions if she wasn't worried about the other Slytherins seeing it. She had just gotten out of Transfigurations, and the lesson had been just as enjoyable as usual, meaning that she had absolutely loathed it. Potions, on the other hand, was a class she enjoyed, and was good at. So she stepped into the dungeon with a smile on her face, only to notice she was the first to arrive! Not minding in the slightest, Vivianna took a seat in the very center of the room.

She glanced up at the Professor, before reading the board. Taking out her book and flipping to the correct page, Vivianna gasped. Professor Granger had the 5th years doing the same potion as the NEWT students! Her eyes lit up, clearly the teacher was attempting to test her OWL class, and Vivianna was prepared.

Walking confidently to the front of the room, Vivianna stopped in front of the large desk. "May I please have fluxweed and boomslang skin?" she asked her teacher. Vivianna knew that she had the rest of the necessary ingredients in her potions kit, but she didn't have either of those. Glancing around the room, Vivianna realized that she was still the only student here. She didn't care though, if she was going to be brewing such a complicated potion, Vivianna wanted all the head start she could get.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Hitame bit her lip as she walked into the Potion's dungeon. She hadn't exactly been the best student these past few months, since she had been in like two classes out of all of them. In fact, she was so behind she wasn't even aware that there was a new professor. She had walked in, expecting to see Professor D'Eath and expecting to hear some kind of lecture and receive a punishment from him for skipping his class.

However, who she saw wasn't at all Alistair D'Eath, and her eyes brightened as she recognized the new professor. "Soph?!" she gasped with excitement. She knew that Sophia probably knew about her missing classes, but she also knew about everything that had happened to her in the last few months. Although she quickly became confused and wondered how she hadn't known at all about Sophia being the new Potions Professor.

Wow she was late.

"Soph, I didn't know you were the Potions Professor." she said softly. "What happened to the other one..?" she asked, glancing around, noting that there was only one other student there with them.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:21 am

As Vivianna walked up towards her and asked for fluxweed and boomslang skin Sophia nodded and smiled. "Of course."said Sophia flicking her wand as the ingredients came towards her. Sophia noticed that she was she was very driven and a hard worker which made her smile. "Here you are Ms. Varnes, if you need any other ingredients don't be afraid to ask."said Sophia. Her eyes flickering the classroom she seen Hitame walking in which made her eyes turned gray with worry.

As Hitame walked up towards her desk she gave her a soft warm smile before giving her a stern look. "Hit why have you been missing classes? you know I could help you with any potion that you needed!"said Sophia. "I'm not going to get onto Hit, but now that I'm professor please try to be here ok?"Sophia asked her softly. "Don't worry the old professor quit for some reason, so they hired me based on my experience with potions."said Sophia. "Now just because I'm your potion professor don't think your getting speacial treatment Hitame!"said Sophia smiling at her.

Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilhelmina Abercrombie Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:25 am

Wally strode into Potions with her typical sulking confidence, her bag slung over her shoulder and her grey stockings falling down her knee. She plunked her bag into a seat in the back of the room, as others strode by. Hitame expressed her surprise at the new professor and Wally rolled her eyes, saying, "You're a bit behind on the news, Higurashi. C'mon, catch up."

She squinted up at the board and sighed. Calming draughts, huh? There was no ingredients in the recipe that she would find useful - she typically liked to get all the ingredients, regardless of how much she herself had, and stocked up. Today, she wasn't feeling it. She opened her book to the right number and began prepping her cauldron.
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:16 pm

Vivianna smiled at the Professor as the Slytherin was handed the ingredients she needed. She was pretty sure that the teacher had sent her what looked like an approving glance, and Vivianna was pleased. The girl was glad that this Potions teacher liked her, and truly hoped that she would stay.

The Slytherin girl had tensed a bit when one of the students had recognized their teacher, but Vivianna relaxed again when no special treatment was given. She didn't bother to look up from prepping her ingredients when another student walked in, slicing was an incredibly precise process that could make or break a potion.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:49 pm

Sophia looked around the potions classroom and gave a approving nod at everyone who was doing there potions. "When your done with your potions please place them on my desk for grading!"said Sophia loud enough so they could hear her. Getting out her wand she flicked it at the third board as Homework appeared on the board. "Your homework is on the board."said Sophia looking at her class. It wasn't hard homework, just a page essay with the properties of the potions and what it did.

Sophia knew class just started, but she rather that the students know there homwork and write it down before the left class. Besides, that was the way the Professors did it when she went to Hogwarts. Althoug that was a bit of awhile ago, but Sophia was going to keep that tradition she learned alive. Sophia had great Professor when she went here, it was a shame that they didn't have it now. But Sophia was here to make that better no matter how many hated her or liked her because of it
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:08 pm

"I know you can, but I didn't want to bother you or anything..." she said softly. Hitame smiled at Sophia and waved her hand, "I wouldn't expect anything like that Soph." she grinned and sighed softly. The Gryffindor turned her attention to Wally when she spoke and she looked down slightly, "Well, it's not like I've been here most of the time." she muttered softly.

She turned on her heels and walked to her seat and started on the potion that Sophia had instructed them to make. With Sophia as the new Potions Professor, she was probably more than likely to come to the classes again, if nothing stopped her.

The girl opened her Potions book to the page Sophia had indicated. She was pretty sure she had all the ingredients she needed for the potion with her already, and she started cutting up those ingredients.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Glancing up at the board when the Professor announced that their homework was there, Vivianna almost wanted to scoff. Really, it was their OWL year! The fifth and seventh years at least needed to be prepared, not babied. It was a good thing that Vivianna wasn't worried about her Potions exam, or she would be freaking out right about then.

Turning back to her desk, the teenager began treating the boomslang skin. At least she wouldn't have to worry about getting a bad mark on or not having time for the assignment, the Slytherin thought to herself.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Bertie hurried in. He had just come from divination in the North Tower. That was one thing he disliked about his timetable: he had to get from one end of the castle to the other in five minutes. Of course his Professor knew this and was aware that Third Year Ravenclaw's arriving from divination would be slightly behind schedule.

'Sorry I'm late, Professor.' He called, checking his watch to realize he had arrived more swiftly than planned, in fact he was the first out of the third year students to arrive. Maybe they were still making their way down the marble staircase? Bertie would be too if Vivianna hadn't once shown him a short cut.

Spotting Vivianna on a bench in the center of the room he headed her, swinging his bag from across his shoulder on the desk. 'Am I okay to sit here?' He added, grinning at the sight of the familiar red head. Bertie knew that Vivianna loved potions and wasn't sure if he would be a distraction if he were to sit near her, especially seeing that she would be brewing an NEWT standard potion as he glanced at the board.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top