After Potions Class
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

After Potions Class Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

After Potions Class

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After Potions Class Empty After Potions Class

Post by Mia Corner Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Mia couldn't help but think about what had just happened in Potions class that day. A girl ran into the room, late for class, then pulled her cauldron out of her bag and barfed right into it. The girl the left the room and continued to barf in her cauldron, then went back into the room and asked to sit down for a while because she got sick over having to run up and down so many stairs. Mia had been here for at least four years now and was use to so many stairs. Mia could only think that this girl was new. So figuring that not many of the other kids would want to be friends with her after that. Mia would do what no one else would. She would try and befriend her.

Mia waited outside of the class room for the girl to come out, then try and talk to her. Mia was wearing her Gryffindor robes with some black sneakers and her hair up in a pony tail. Her bags was to her side and her wand was in her had. Mia leaned against the wall outside her potions class that had just finished and waited for all the other kids to filter out while she waited for the new girl to come out of the room. In Mia's head she started to think about what she would say to the girl. 'Hmm...maybe I should start with a hand shake and my name. Hi my names Mia Corners.' Mia thought while waiting.
Mia Corner
Mia Corner

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

After Potions Class Empty Re: After Potions Class

Post by Coral Marchand Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Coral stepped out of the classroom, pretty much being the last one out owing to the fact that her pace tended to be slow and unhurried. She, of course, noticed that Mia was waiting outside of the classroom and given that she was the last one out, and that if Mia had been wishing to talk to the professor, she simply would've stayed in the classroom... She approached, a wary, suspicious look on her face.

"I can't help but notice, miss, that you appear to be waiting for me. If you please, is there something that I can do for you?"
Coral Marchand
Coral Marchand

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Corner Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 pm

Finally the girl came out of the classroom, looking tired and pale. The girl approached her and asked what it was that she could do for Mia. The girl sure could talk properly. "Hi. My name is Mia Corner and I couldn't help but notice that you where new. I have been here for four years and I still have to get use to all the stairs that are around here, so I know how you feel. Are you ok?" Mia asked her, extending her right hand for a hand shake, then wondering if the girl would be nice to her, or just yell at her for being nosy then run off. Mia remembered the first time that she arrived at Hogwarts. All the stairs looked scary and when she had to run from the Gryffindor Tower all the way to the dungeons, it almost made her sick too. Now most of the kids at school where acting sick and Mia just didn't want to catch it.
Mia Corner
Mia Corner

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral Marchand Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Coral glanced down at the hand offered, then back up at Mia's face. She took the hand and shook it only once with a firm but polite grip. "I am Miss Coral Marchand of Ravenclaw. I will be fine. I plan to wake up three hours earlier in the hopes that doing so will ensure that I arrive to class on time without putting any unnecessary stress on my body." Coral paused, seeming to consider her next words. She smiled, and as usual, it was not a genuine smile but one of her forced ones. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Corner."
Coral Marchand
Coral Marchand

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Corner Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:50 pm

Once again the girl answered Mia's question in a polite and proper manner. Mia realized that maybe this was a bad time to be trying to make friends with her. "I'm sorry if I'm being to nosy. I don't mean to be. I guess I just figured that you looked like you could use a friend right now, and I can be a good friend." Mia said to Coral wondering if it was time to just run off back to her common room and study for the next day's potion class. "That sounds like a good idea. I hate being late. All the kids stair at me and I miss important information that the professor gives out. Maybe next time we could walk to class together, then neither one of us will be late." Mia said to Coral noticing that she was gaining a little bit more color to her skin. Maybe the girl was a nice girl when she was feeling better.
Mia Corner
Mia Corner

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral Marchand Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:03 am

"Please do not apologize. Your concern is touching." It wasn't really. It was more peculiar to Coral than anything. "I am not sure walking together would be wise unless you want to take a lot of rest stops and wake up three hours early for class. It is very nice of you to offer, though." Coral's fake smile remained on her face while she watched the girl. Naturally, she stood as straight as an arrow through the entire conversation.

"It is not often I make friends. Might I ask what a friendship between the two of us would entail?"
Coral Marchand
Coral Marchand

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Corner Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:33 am

Mia could tell that something was odd about this girl. But Mia was brought up to be nice to people and treat others as you would want them to treat you. So Mia kept on her smiling face and took the girls fakeness at face value. "Ok, I was just offering." Mia said to Coral as she downed the offer of walking together to class. Then Mia was surprised by the girls next question. Hadn't this girl ever had a friend before. "I guess all the normal stuff. Like talking to each other, telling each other our secrets, eventually. Helping each other with studies, and watching out for each other when someone is going to pick on them. Tell each other what guys they like, and you know friend stuff. Maybe this was a bad idea. I'll just let you go one your way. It was nice to meet you. Bye." Mia said to the girl wondering if this was a bad idea to start with.
Mia Corner
Mia Corner

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral Marchand Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:42 am

Coral thought about this for a moment. It wasn't that she had never had a friend... per se, but friendship meant different things to different people, and so she had to be sure what she was getting herself into. Coral stopped the girl from running off by placing a hand on her shoulder. "I am not certain why you think such a thing would be a bad idea. Friendship between the two of us sounds mutually beneficial, particularly the part about helping one another with our studies." Somehow, she seemed to stand much straighter. "Miss Corner, I will be your friend. If it pleases you, perhaps we should celebrate our new friendship together?"
Coral Marchand
Coral Marchand

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Corner Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:53 am

Mia suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder keeping her from going any farther. Mia turned around to face Coral. This girl sure did know how to think in a smart way. "The only reason that I was acting like it was a bad idea was because you were acting like it was a bad idea." Mia said to the girl smiling when she agreed to be friends. But Mia wondered if the girl had ever really had a true friend before. She sure didn't act like she did. And where did she learn to talk like that. "Ok, we can be friends. And celebrating sounds great. What did you have in mind?" Mia asked Coral wondering if she was going to say something like tea and crumpets. That would just be funny to hear. "Also now that we are friends, maybe I can find out where you learned to talk like that." Mia asked the girl hoping that it wasn't to forward of a question.
Mia Corner
Mia Corner

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral Marchand Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:18 am

"If I thought it was a bad idea, I would've simply walked away," Coral stated simply. She was being completely honest about that. She didn't waste her time with ideas she believed were bad. That would be pointless. "I am not sure why you presumed I thought such, Miss Corner. I am being perfectly polite." She seemed to express puzzlement, although, she wasn't puzzled at all. "Do you mean my accent? I didn't think it was that noticeable... I originally come from France, you see." Coral knew, of course, that Mia wasn't referring to her accent but rather her excessive politeness. She believed politeness, fake or not, was a much better alternative to anything else that she'd personally do. At least... for now. She managed to evade any further questions about her manner of speaking by answering a different question. "I have heard stories about the Hogsmeade Village, particularly the Three Broomsticks. Perhaps we could celebrate there, if you do not mind too awful much?"
Coral Marchand
Coral Marchand

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top