Avoiding, not hiding - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Avoiding, not hiding - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Avoiding, not hiding

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Avoiding, not hiding - Page 2 Empty Re: Avoiding, not hiding

Post by Andrei Dolohov Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:53 pm

"Avis" repated Andrei at loud, trying to find any connections to her name in his brain. But he found nothing and that was rather strange to him. It was similar to finding out there was a ghost in the school he had went to for the last six years and he had never noticed it before. It was like discovering something new.

"I'm Andrei. Since we're on a first name basis now, I thought you would like to know mine. If you didn't already before", he said with a smirk. Although he had a feeling that she already had a pretty good idea of who he was. Most people did in Hogwarts, He wasn't exactly sure if that was because of his father or because of his own personal troubling reputation at this school, or probably a combination of both. Either way, he was for from being anonymous in this place, although at times he regretted that fact deeply.

Not knowing anything about her from before, he decided to test the waters a bit. "So what kind of Gryffindor are you? Are you the kind to go running to a professor to tell him what the big bad wolf did? Which most are. Or are you the kind who can be shut up by a bribe, or even better a threat? That's always rather fun. But no - that's too much of a Hufflepuff trait. I'd bet you're the kind of Gryffindor who wouldn't say a world simply because of pride itself. That's probably the stupidest option of out the three, but most understood by my side. So tell me - which one are you?" he asked as he examined her face.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by Avis Summers Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:29 am

She raised her eyebrows when he echoed her name. It was quite rare to find a girl with name as hers. Her parents wanted to make sure that Avis and Mina were unique and carried names with meanings.
Wilhelmina meant strong willed warrior. Remembering her twin sister, she was indeed brave and the way she stood up against her illness was encouraging and saddening at the same time. She still missed her and sometimes she wondered why her grandmother found her in that cellar when she tried to reconnect herself with Mina.
Her name was form of Avice. Or sometimes Avicide when Avis was really mad at herself.

„Andrei Dolohov. I know,“ she informed him. Everyone knew about him, and she wasn't even sure why. There was nothing special about the boy in her eyes. Only the riches that his parents had and the things that he could afford. His character had no good traits. Or maybe he was like this when he was around those, who were blinded by his power and looks.
She was not fooled by such things. She also knew some things about his sister, but she was not as outstanding as Andrei was. He and his ways were widely known in this school.

She looked at her hands which were positioned on her knees. Her nails, painted in the color of crimson, were more interesting than Andrei right now. Avis grimaced when he described the traits of usual gryffindorian. He was right, though, but she had to admit that novadays the rivalry between the Slytherins and Gryffindors was kind of soft and barely touchable, but there remained some who actually hated those, who accompanied the mudbloods and were their friends. Andrei was probably one of those. With things served to him on a silver plate, he probably gave himself to the hate.
„Let's be honest, Andrei, you deserve a punishment for not being careful and for breaking those trophies,“ she said, putting a strong stress on his name. „I don't care about the pride, but I guess that you already figured that out. However, I would like to see how you'd threaten me, Andrei. Or perhaps you're just a man of words?“
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:42 pm

"I deserve a punishment?", he asked with a smirk. This girl was messing with him from the start but this was just pushing things a bit too far. Something he couldn't just ignore anymore. Usually, he wouldn't lay a finger on such a helpless little Gryffindor girl without being provoked. Things like that simply weren't worth his time or energy. But this girl was pushing things even further and it now seemed that she isn't all that helpless after all. Faced against him, she certainly had many things to prove.

"Many people deserve punishment, but not all get it. Life is just not fair I guess. I'm just one of those people who can get away with thing easily. What can I say, it's a gift of mine. Do you have a problem with that? Please, say so if you do. I find pleasure in listening to other people's issues that do not concern me at all", said Andrei with a sarcastic tone in his voice.

Was his girl insane? Was she really challenging him like this? One thing was sure, she was either idiotically stupid or foolishly brave. Either of these are not very helpful in the real world. But he had give credit where credit was due, she certainly had guts to confront him like this and he respected that. Finally, someone able to stand up for themselves. "Perhaps there is some hope in that Gryffindor bunch of yours after all", he said with an amused smile on his lips. This situation was rather funny to him if nothing else. "But watch out little lion. You don't want to dig yourself a hole you can't get out of", said Andrei with a cold glare in his eyes.

Taking a few steps forward, he examined the girl's face for any signs of weakness or fear. With his wand raised up to his chest, he stepped even closer until he could feel her warm breath on his skin. "I don't know what are you trying to achieve little girl, but let me give you a few pointers. I suggested you just run along with that mouth of yours shut or otherwise we'll have a problem. It would be such a shame to scar a pretty face like yours", he said brushing his fingers down her lips and her chin.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Avis Summers Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:22 pm

She crossed her hands on her chest and raised her eyebrow at him. „Did I stutter?“ she asked when he echoed her question. Grin slid across her face.
„Oh dear God, now you're talking against yourself? You asked me for my opinion and you also mention that you don't care. But here it goes, since you're not deaf as far as I can see – you're useless and you are a tyrant but only with those who can't stand up for themselves. And you have never been punished? It's not your gift! I dare to say that people do not want to waste their time on such person like you! You don't deserve to be punished? You deserve nothing!“

Avis lowered her hands and pressed her fingers into fists. Yes, she was really challenging him. A stupid thing to do, she could get into a loads of trouble after this, but let's be honest – what could he possibly do to her? Avis bet that he did not know any useful spells that would actually stun her or other useful things that they studied in school.
Andrei smiled and Avis realized how much she hated that mask right now. She'd rip it off with her own nails if she wouldn't have any self control left. „But there is no hope for Slytherins like you,“ she mocked him, narrowing her eyes.

She had never dueled a person outside a class or any other practical lessons.
Alright, she'd never even hurt anyone if that wasn't necessary. Her lips were pressed together and she started bravely at him. Dear god, was there really no one in this school who'd stand up for themselves and rebel against Andrei?
Felt like she was the first one – he acted like that.
She saw that he had his wand out. Fascinating, she thought sarcastically and she pulled her wand out from her sleeve. A secret pocket that she made few years ago. It was comfortable and always perfect for situations like this.
When he touched her, however, Avis lost her self control. „Feel lucky, punk?“ she hissed trough clenched teeth. Her left hand moved fast and within a second she slapped Andrei across the face and then she pushed him away from her. „Don't you dare to touch me again, Slytherin scum!“
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:23 pm

Andrei couldn't help but chuckle at the girl's attitude. She was certainly a fiery one, which he found as a good thing. Besides, he didn't have fun like this in weeks. With the professors roaming the halls as vultures, it was hard to cast even a single spell without getting their attention. But here in the trophy room the situation was different. Hours can pass until they finally get detected. And Andrei reasoned that it wouldn't take him that long at all. He would keep this clean and simple, with just a little splash of fun for his own soul. "Muffliato" said Andrei softly with his wand out and an instant sound barrier was created around the room. "I wouldn't want us to be disturbed", he said smirking.

He attentively listened to the girl's rant and just chuckled. Her disdain of Slytherins was obvious, which only made this whole process that much fun. And he was sure that he wasn't the only Dark Follower messing with her recently, as all of that anger had to come from somewhere. Anger was good though, it meant she was motivated. After all, there was no fun in fighting with someone who was a quitter and would just give up half way. "I am a tyrant and a Slytherin? Well how nice of you. I'll be sure and fill my part as such then", Andrei said with a grin.

Her push didn't come to him as a surprise at all as he was expecting it, but the slap did. It seemed that this girl had more foolish courage than he had though. He took a step back and felt his cheek which was glowing red. She was really asking for it now as Andrei had lost his patience with the girl. "Mmmm... feisty. Just the way I like them. I hope you're quick on your feet, kid. As you just lost your chance to run", he said with a growl.

Assuming she didn't have much experience in this field, he didn't think this would be much of a struggle. Although he remained causious, as she learned the hard way that the quiet ones are the ones that come with the most surprises. Either way, she was stupid to cause him trouble. Fighting was an area, and probably the only one, that came to him with great ease. He had gained the experience and knowledge a long time ago. And now that this girl had put him in an annoyed mood, he was ready to show her her place in the world. "Averte Statura!" he yelled as his wand was pointed straight at her.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Avis Summers Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:48 pm

Right after she hit him, Avis realized what he had done. God damn, she had unleashed the cracken! No, not Andrei, but inside of her.
She felt how adrenaline started rushing in her body, taking over her limbs and mind. She wasn't bouncing around as expected herself to be doing. No, she had enough of self control yet, but she believed that if they would go any further, she'd lose her head eventually.
Her glare grew colder and colder with each passing second and when he actually put a spell on the room so that no one would hear them, the death tready was signed. She was not going to give up! Not to please Andrei. She did not know what this was going to prove, though. That she knew how to fight? An anonymous as she was, it was expected that she did not know how to defend herself properly. Well, she was about to surprise Andrei with that. Avis knew how to fight with and without wands.

Ah, he was angry?
For a second Avis was stumbling on her feet, ready to flee, but it was too late for now. Ah how she hated such things. Duels outside the classes and other practical sessions were pointless. They existed only to prove that a person was able to do something. What a goal. She rolled her eyes at her own sarcasm and she readied herself.

As she expected Andrei was the first one who casted a spell.
Avis' lips turned into a smile when she jumped away with an ease. Though she never was fond of dancing, her parents signed her up to a group where they practiced some moves. Now she was only thankful for obtaining such skills. She was not using her spells as for now. Avis giggled. Well, this was definately going to be fun. She wanted to exhaust him and then strike. Like a pray and a hunter. Which one was Avis, she could only guess so far. Their battle had just begun.
She appeared behind him and struck his back, pushing him to the ground. „Your move, battle hero!“
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:42 pm

Instead of his spell hitting her right in the chest, she somehow danced around it with ease. Andrei frowned at the sight. It must be some filthy mudblood sport or skill that has given her this advantage. Either way, he was expecting someone like this from her. The quiet ones always had a hidden talent. The speed she could move her body was almost incredible. Before he could even realize it, she was behind him, pushing him to the ground. Andrei took a few steps backwards in order not to fall.

His eyes concentrated on her, glaring almost, as he though of his next move. Obviously, it was useless for him just to cast spells and hope for one of them to hit her. She was fast and quick on her feet, she could avoid many of them if she continued to prance around like she did. No, that definitely wasn't a good decision. She would catch him unprepared and in a moment of weakness and jump at that chance. Well he wasn't going to allow her that pleasure, not today.

Instead, he had to get her into a place where she couldn't move, where she had no place to jump around. That's the way he would win, if it was just the two of them, one on one. No running, no tricks just power. An idea popped into his head and he quickly raised his wand to aim at her. "Accio!" he shouted as she spell was now tugging on her clothes and her hair until it brought her right in front of him. Her body almost crashed into his as he was now gripping both of her hands tightly just in front of her.

"Now, now.... There is no place to run. I thought I told you to take my suggestion and run. But people like you can never take a hint, can they? Ah, come on darling, I was expecting a lot more from you. I could use some fun right now. Entertain me", said Andrei with a large smirk on his face as he breathed into her neck.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Avis Summers Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Avis enjoyed the freedom that the duel allowed her to have. When was the last time she actually danced? Or moved like this? During the lessons or free time she always hid her talents. People knew only that she was boiling potions, some even whispered that she made some poisons. Those who knew her long enough even requested something. Painkillers, potions that made girls look prettier, their hair thicker and face cleaner or what ever. Avis did not use those potions, though. Sometimes she tested them on herself just to see what the side-effects were, but she did not drink them daily like some of the girls in her house did. Sometimes she felt good for making them feel better, sometimes she felt used.

She had almost forgotten why they were there. Avis was dancing around, slipping in the shadows and then back into the light. While she was relaxing, she was also waiting for Andrei's next strike. She did a great job pushing him away, but he did not fall to his knees, which was her plan, by the way. But that did not matter. He was angry, at least that was something. And he was frustrated, she could also see that. He did not expect something like that from her. As a matter of fact, she did not expect such motives and moves from herself either.

However her freedom was short.
With a simple spell she was suddenly breathless and Avis could not force her limbs to move. She was flying towards Andrei and she basically crashed into him. Before she could even run away and dance around him again, he was gripping her hands tightly.
„Fine!“ she rasped against his ear. Her legs were still free and she used them.
Her first strike was his knee. She hit Andrei's leg. Her next attack were his toes. This was always painful and it distracted the abuser's attention. She did so and for the last and the third hit she targeted the weak point below his waist. Also a painful point.
While hitting him, she did not notice if he did reflect her strikes or no, but she did free herself.

Gasping for some air, she spinned wand between her fingers and then pointed it at him:“Petrificus Totalus!“
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:57 pm

When will this girl just give up already? Although he had to admit, he was the one provoking her all the time. But then again how could he not? This was the most fun he had in a while. And for the time being, his muffliato spell was still working and it's not like people actually come into the trophy room that often. So they were safe from any prying eyes, both professors and students. When he thought that he didn't have a decent duel in weeks, all of his thoughts of ending this early were let go. It was time to be entertained.

Being hit in three places at almost the same time made this feel like a muggle duel of some sort. He screamed out loud as she hit his toes and the last spot on her target roughly. She really knew how to take a swing for a girl. This was a point he didn't think he would reach today: being hit by a girl.

"Bloody hell are you insane!", he shouted out loud. The pain was pulsating through his body quickly and he couldn't even concentrate anymore. He turned around still squirming about the last hit as he tried to avoid any spells Avis could throw at him. At this point, he needed some time to get himself together as he couldn't defend himself let alone attack anyone else. With a few deep breaths, he let the pain go away by biting his lower lip. Now he was definitely after revenge. This was a sneaky and unfair move, something he would expect to see from himself but not from her. Well she wasn't the only one who could play that game.

He was about to turn around and cast a nasty hex that would make her head turn but he was too late. Her spell was already rushing towards her and before he could turn to avoid it, it already hit him. Within a matter of seconds, his whole body was turned to stone and he froze in place. He would swear out loud if he could, but his lips were not tightly pressed together without the ability to move or even quiver. He had missed this and reacted too late to her spell. Now there was nothing else he could do but wait until the spells affect would wain off and take the consequences of his distracted state of mind. Oh he was sure that Avis will enjoy this indeed.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Avis Summers Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:33 am

She laughed at his question.
Andrei was the one who provoked everything! Avis wanted only to reason with him, prove that every crim that he made deserved a punishment. He could not walk around without any guilt on his mind but she did not imagine herself to be the one who'd teach him a lesson. Teachers did that, parents did that, older sisters and brothers, but not Avis!
She was no saint in this case. She had her sins, but not as big as Andrei's. And now she felt only growing guilt: they were fighting in the school, area where such actions were forbidden.

Avis readied herself for an incoming attack, but much to her surprise, Andrei was hit with her stunning spell. She stood there, eyes wide and mouth slightly open. She knew how to defend herself, she knew how to fight and today she had proven to him that she was not the girl he could mess around with, but she did not expect him to get hit like this even when he was paralized with pain. Avis was one step from begging his forgiveness and yet she pressed her lips together. He looked so vulnerable now. No chance to fight back.
Although she had the advantage now, she could do anything she wanted with him, she felt that this was unfair.

Avis stepped closer to paralized Slytherin, looking at him in the eye. During this whole time she started hating this specific color. Blue. It was saddening that someone who looked as beautiful as Andrei had such personality. She could read the hate from his eyes. And maybe even a glimpse of pain from the former attack.
„I could just leave you here...“ she said, pointing with her wand at his chest. He was right, she would enjoy this if she wouldn't have any morality. She could use Sectumsempra on him, watch how he bleed until he'd lose consciousness and then heal him. Maybe even do something more wicked to his

„But I guess you got humiliated enough for today.“ She smiled to herself and stepped away from Andrei. She was still certain that he deserved to be punished, but not from her. Besides, he got hit by a girl, quite painfully and she even defeated him. For now. Still smiling, she released him from the hex and readied herself. After such defeat he'd sure as hell will be after revenge.
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top