New Ownership - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Ownership - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Ownership

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Ownership - Page 2 Empty Re: New Ownership

Post by James S. Potter Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 pm

James turned sideways in his seat as the main door to the Leaky Cauldron opened, looking with interest at the person who had just entered. It was someone he had never seen before, and he nearly chuckled at the man's demeanor as he surveyed the Cauldron's new look; obviously, he was a bit surprised.

The man looked a bit sickly. James found himself wondering whether he should really be out drinking, but he seemed strong otherwise, and spoke in a voice that did not shake with any sort of sickness. Perhaps it was just James' imagination. Before he could think to much upon it, the man introduced himself as David Emrys and extended his hand.

"James Potter," James replied, gripping the man's hand firmly.

James winced inside as he always did when introducing himself. Some loved him because of it; some hated him because of it. The name 'Potter' was at times a blessing, at times a curse. These thoughts were forced out of James' head when he felt the cool skin of Damon's hand. James looked into Damon's eyes, trying to decipher whether there was a hollow, dead look there. He saw nothing; however, and worried that he may have become rude. He wasn't sure whether the man was a vampire or not, and in his experiences with vampires, he knew that they could disguise their nature very well, especially if they fed often.

James released Damon's hand, "A pleasure," James said.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:10 pm

Hannah took the glass from Neville glaring at her husband. “Let me, I know how to handle a bar. You talk to the people I’ll do the rest,” sighed Hannah. Neville didn’t argue with her. He just rolled his eyes. Hannah poured red wine into the glass. “Sorry for the wait,” she said with a smile.

“James, I nearly forgot about this,” said Neville pulling an envelope and small white box out of his pocket “I was told this was supposed to go to you when I thought you were ready. I was going to give it to you a few months ago then the Brazil thing came up.” Hannah moved next to Neville wanting to see how James reacted. “How haven’t you lost it yet?” laughed Hannah. “Hey, I rarely lose things anymore,” Neville chucked putting an arm over Hannah. He was acting a bit more protective since he did not know this man and wasn’t sure he trusted him.
N Longbottom

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Before James could get any sort of reply from Damon, Neville had approached him with an envelope and small white box. James frowned in a puzzled sort of way as he extended his hands to receive the objects.

"What are they?" James asked curiously as he examined the items Neville had offered.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:26 am

“That’s a letter from your father silly,” laugh Hannah. Neville kissed her forehead, he couldn’t help it, and he loved it when she laughed. Hannah playfully pushed him away embarrassed to be kissed in public. She was always the more bashful one these day s.

“If I remember correctly I’m pretty sure that was your mum’s engagement ring which had been your grandmother’s engagement. I mean Harry’s mother that is. Don’t ask why he gave it to me, the kid who lost everything when I younger but he trusted me with it and I kept it for you. I think you’re old enough for it now, I meant to give it to you when you were eighteen but I forgot,” said Neville.

“Is there anything you would like sir? I hope I didn’t make you feel unwelcome,” said Neville taking over ‘his’ bar. Hannah glared at him feeling like she was being disregarded. Neville just shook his head, he loves Hannah to death but sometimes he has to do what he thinks is right.
N Longbottom

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:01 am

James stared at the letter, his hands trembling slightly. It was so rare to see something which had belonged exclusively to his mother, and even more rare to see something from his father. This was the first item he had ever received, which was written precisely to him by his father. He had died so unexpectantly, that James had figured Harry never had time to write out farewells.

Dear son,
If you are reading this right now, I am sorry that you were left alone in this world. I gave this letter to Neville right after Lily was born, just in case myself and your mother died in our struggle against Voldemort. I can only pray that this tragedy never befalls my dear children.

Be sure to tell Lily that she will always be my favorite little girl. Tell her to do well in her studies, and uphold the name of the Potters proudly. She is so beautiful, and looks more and more like her namesake every day. I am sure that she will inherit her grandmother's grace and fiery spirit. Tell her to listen to her older brothers, as they will always have her best interests at heart.

As for Albus, tell him to question himself is only human, and that it is the choices we make who make us who we are. He is a strong boy. He needs only to see it within himself. Tell him to be a good boy and always look after his sister. Remind him that he takes after his father, and it is something to be proud of.

Now as for you, James. With myself and your mother gone, you are the man of the house. You are most responsible for keeping the family together, so never let it fall apart. Though you are not yet six, your mother and I can see that you will take after my godfather, Sirius, who was a very great man. I hope that you obtain all the love of life Sirius had, and do well to live up to the name bestowed upon you. I hope you grow up to start a close-knit family, and live out a happy life with a woman who deserves your love. Try hard to live up to your grandfather's name.

Enclosed with the letter should be a ring, which was my mother's engagement ring, and was also your mother's. I know that Neville was a bit apprehensive at receiving such an important item, but I have utter faith in him. He has grown to be a very reliable man. Anyways, this ring is meant to start a new family tradition. I entrust this ring to you to use in a proposal to the woman you choose to spend your life with. With good fortune, you and your wife will go on to bestow this ring upon your eldest son, or I suppose daughter if you never have a son.

To all my children, your mother and I wish you to have the best of lives and we desperately hope that they will not be lived out under the tyranny of Voldemort. Always remember that one person can make a difference, but only by standing together, can we win. We love you all very much, and we await you with open arms on the other side of the stone arch.

Love,
Your Father

James refolded the letter, struggling to maintain his composure as he slipped it back into the envelope. Once it was safely put away, James opened the small box to reveal the ring. He gazed at it as he rolled it between his fingers, looking at it from every angle. Thoughts of Kanade and his failed relationship with Jamie rushed through his head. They were the two woman he had once thought to marry, but now distant and hurtful memories. James was wondering whether he'd ever be able to make his father proud by passing the Potter name on with a woman who he adored.

((Gonna give Damon a chance to catch up before I post again.))
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Ambrojze Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 am

((sorry for the wait))

In the past, a mere grunt of acknowledgement would have passed muster in The Leaky Cauldron, but these people were much more sociable than the old owner. Damon felt himself pressured to pull on the old cloak of social acceptability in order to be less noticeable.

"Thank you," he was forced to reply, taking up the glass that had been placed on the bar.

At least this change of proprietorship made it more likely he would be drinking something that had once been near a grape, although the pudgy gentleman's comments about not knowing which bottles were wine had been a bit unsettling.

Damon swirled his glass and watched the liquid slide down the edges. It looked good. It smelled okay, but nothing really smelled good compared to blood.

Next to him, James Potter was going through some kind of crisis. Of course, being handed the jewellery of a dead mother could do that to a person. Damon had not heretofore been acquainted with James, and a good thing too since he was persona non grata among most of the Order of the Phoenix, an organisation to which James undoubtedly belonged.

Nevertheless, he felt obliged to make some sort of effort at comforting the boy, since Damon was by nature so terribly bad at dealing with these situations, it followed that doing so would put any wannabe vampire hunters off his trail.

"There, there, good chap," he tried to sound jolly as he gave James a hearty thump on the back. "Can't all be bad news."
Damon Ambrojze
Damon Ambrojze

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:42 pm

James quickly deposited the ring into his pocket. He could dwell on the letter and ring later, perhaps bring the family closer together in some freshly shared grief.

"No, no" James replied to Damon, "twisting his mouth into a forced grin. Just *ahem* brought up some memories I thought had long been buried..."

James took a swig from his firewhiskey to disguise any sort of awkward silence. He had never considered himself good at making small talk.

"Now," he said, grasping at straws for what could be considered suitable conversational material, "I do not believe I have ever had the pleasure of making your acquaintance before today. You seem to be near my age; however, I don't recall seeing you at Hogwarts....though it is quite a large school. Are you foreign, perhaps?"
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top