On a Mission - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

On a Mission - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

On a Mission

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On a Mission - Page 4 Empty Re: On a Mission

Post by Edward Donohue Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Edward had been held up. A family crisis of his own. He had responded as soon as he could. He apparated into Diagon Alley to see flames, smoke, and carnage . So much carnage. Where Sparks had been was utter rubble. A fresh, smoking corpse, and a young man who was over his head. He was trying to plunge on, but this was not for anyone to handle without help. Edward fired a massive aquamenti at the flames left on the bistro, hoping to get the rest of that under control. He knelt down by the corpse and examined it. An auror came to take authority over the body.

"Leave it," Edward said. "Don't touch it." The auror looked at him and Edward glared at him. The auror walked away. Edward looked at the young man who seemed to be taking this a bit hard.

"Let's do what needs to be done here, shall we?" Edward gently asked the young man. Edward didn't believe Robert was far away from his daughter's restaurant, but clearly he'd been taken away for some reason. He'd heard Michael was coming but Michael was gone too. And this young man needed a bit of support.
Edward Donohue
Edward Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 29
Special Abilities : Leglimancy, Wandless Magic, Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:07 am

Susan had been in muggle London doing shopping when she decided to head to Diagon Alley to see if the book she had ordered had come in yet. She was shocked when she apparated into Diagon Alley to find it on fire. She gasped loudly as she nearly stepped on a body. She couldn’t stop the tears flowing. It was happening again wasn’t it? Her kids were just the beginning. Something stirred in Susan at that thought, an inner fire was ignited.

She couldn’t bring herself to look around to see if there were any survivors. She knew from previous experiences that there wouldn’t be. She wasn’t going to leave, she had been in a war for bloody sakes, she can handle herself while under attack and fire didn’t bother her. She was about to go to talk to someone when she heard a muffle cry. She raced into a burning building without thinking twice, something she would have never done typically; only after she was inside was she worried about the building collapsing on her.

She fired Aquamenti to make a path through the fire. She was going off what was a primal instinct. She found a small form trapped by a fallen bookcase. She rushed over and lifted with all her might, it was a bit of a strain but she refused to give up. She picked up the small boy, she knew he had severe burns but she didn’t know what to do about them. She saw the small infant girl peering at her with bright blue eyes that were stilling blinking though her face was covered with ash. She saw the boy reach for the baby and she knew by the look in her eyes what she had to do. She cleared an area with Aquamenti for the boy, hoping she could make it back in time. She grabbed the baby girl and sat her down outside. She had just entered the building when it all started to fall around her. She didn’t have time to get anywhere near the boy before a large loveseat fell right in front of her she turned a ran knowing she couldn’t do anything more, but it was still killing her to leave that boy alone, she couldn’t help him by the looks of him he would have died in St. Mungo’s. If Susan knows one thing in the world, it would be what a person on death’s footsteps look like. A large piece of ceiling fell sending her flying into the air. She ended up in the street nearly a foot from a burning body. She managed to find enough awareness to stag the little infant girl before the building came crashing down.

After she was sure the cost was clear did she move from her position. The infant just looked at her a blinked. The young girl wasn’t even crying, a born survivor. Was that boy her brother? It was a good possibility. Her parents could be dead in the ruins as well. She was about to get up when she realized her hands were burned and she felt the pain in her ankle. She knew soon as she got up that it was only sprained but sill painful. She had to find someone but her mind was still distracted by the boy that had sacrificed himself for the baby in her arms. She wasn’t sure she could take in another child but she was at least going to make sure the girl found a good home.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:13 pm

It had taken a moment for Jess and Robert and Eli to assemble upstairs in the room above the Leaky. Robert looked at them both seriously.

"For the moment, this cannot leave this room," Robert said. "But you both need to know this. Whoever they are, they have made a mistake. They killed those people for no other reason than to prevent them from being living, speaking witnesses. There is no other logical reason for all those people to be subject to a killing curse and we all know that.

"However, they have misstepped. There were 5 people who have survived and escaped. I have them under my protection in a location right now where whoever did this will never find them. From what Brian told me, when the fire broke out, three of the restaurant regulars and Khaat's chef Lizzie all took one of Khaat's children. Brian took Abbey and he used a side apparating spell to get everyone out of the bistro and to my farm. Since then, he has moved everyone out of the farm to a safehouse that is completely out of England for the moment. we abandoned my farm because there are known death eaters who know where my farm is. It is no longer safe to use as a safehouse. We have, including Brian, five living, breathing, competent witnesses. Brian is assembling protection for them and their familiies and he's going to get statements from them and see to their needs.

"And presuming Khaat is still alive, we have a 6th," he said. "My plan, unless either of you see something different, is to get their statements, and then keep them well hidden and protected until their safety is no longer at risk. Because Brian is an auror, I consider them officially under Ministry protection now. I am going to move the witnesses' families into hiding as well to keep them from being used as pawns. But if you see another alternative or if I have missed something, do say so."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:56 pm

James looked 'round as an older gentleman arrived, speaking to him in a kind matter. James felt relieved that there was someone here with a little more experience.

"I suppose first thing is extinguishing any secondary fires that have sprung up in the district," James replied, now a bit calmer, "and evacuating any injured to St Mungos. Once we have those two things done, we can concentrate on identifying bodies and getting them moved."

"I'm James Potter, by the way," James said, extending his hand, but before any sort of handshake could be complete, the sound of a falling building echoed down the alley.

James whirled towards the sound of destruction, and saw Susan Bones on the ground with what looked like an infant. He ran towards her and began spraying the building using Augmenti to prevent the fire from spreading.

"I need some help putting this out!" James called back towards the older gentleman, before turning his attention to Susan.

"Are you okay, Susan?" James asked her as he battled the flames.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Edward Donohue Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:31 pm

"Aguamente!" Edward fired again at the next building that was burning. The waterjet fired from his wand. Edward allowed the younger man to provide the support to the woman rescuing the infant. The stench of burning flesh was pungent in the air. Not everyone had escaped the burning buildings alive. Clearly. Where the devil was Robert? Or Michael? Experienced hands would be helpful just about now.

"Edward Donohue," he introduced himself quickly. "You haven't seen any other old men like me about, have you, Lad?" Edward asked James, continuing to fire nonverbal aguamente spells, one after the other. He scanned the crowd behind him to see Tremaine exiting the Leaky. He knew Michael's face too well. Something had shaken his rather unflappable friend. He watched Michael extend his wand and begin firing nonverbal aguamente spells as well as he walked back over towards where Sparks had been.

"You okay, Tremaine?" Edward asked.

"Do I look alright, Donohue?" Michael asked dryly.

"Physically, yes," Edward said.

"If that's all you've got, then shut up," Michael said, all too serious. Edward sensed that Michael had seen something that was difficult for him. Something he wasnt' ready to share. Edward said the building on the other side of Sparks start to ignite. Edward pointed the flames out to Michael who flicked his wand that way, firing a spell and walking that direction. Perhaps if Michael were given a bit of space, he'd still be of some use.
Edward Donohue
Edward Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Aaron coughed loudly and pushed a piece of debris off of his chest. His face was still hot from being so close to the fire but he tried to ignore it. He sat up straight and he looked around, trying to figure out exactly where he was. He did not plan for it to go this way, he wanted to be in the commotion, not close to death. He made a mental note to curse Thaor the next time he saw hi.

He heard voices and his head snapped up, trying to pinpoint where they were. Despite it looking quite the opposite, Aaron wanted to be in the commotion. Any chance he had to throw the Order/Ministry off his tail he took full advantage of. He also had the chance to find out who were the ones in charge so that he knew exactly who to take out if given the chance.

"Help," Aaron shouted in the direction of the voices, putting on his best distressed voice. He pulled his wand out quickly, pointed it at a piece of wood that had fallen due to the burn, and he brought it over to himself and planted it on his legs. Then he tossed his wand away from him. "Help, I can't get this off of my legs!"

He loved acting.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:35 pm

“Don’t worry about little old me. I’ve been through worst in my ears. A bit of smoke, ash and fire can’t kill me,” said Susan coughing a bit. She was getting too old for this. She was trained or built for this type of stuff but she had to go into that building. She hated to admit it but she saw her oldest son in that boy’s eyes. Knowing that boy died for his little sister brought the pain back, which reminded her that she had to check on Amelia and Drew.

She managed to cast a few Augmenti even though her hands were throbbing. She still had a high pain tolerance from the last war, but it still hurt but it was bearable. She didn’t know what to do with the infant. She stopped casting Augmenti on the fire and casted a mild Augmenti on the infant. She was surprised but relieved to see the girl didn’t have a burns, pink skin yes but it seems that someone had used some sort of spell to protect her.

“A bit of burns and my ankle isn’t feeling so great but I can manage for now. I’m more worried about this little one then me,” said Susan revealing the baby girl. Thanks to Susan’s gentle cleaning job it was obvious the girl had thin light blond hair and bright blue eyes. Susan couldn’t help feeling sick to her stomach. She felt horrible for the small child in her arms, what was going to happen to her?

“James, may I ask. What is happening?” she asked. She wasn’t going to say outright that this was just like it started last time. Maybe she was just paranoid.

She was distracted by a cry to help. She certainly wasn’t going anywhere alone though. She was stumbling around and her one arm was occupied with a small child. She was a sitting duck if she went anywhere alone. She wasn’t stupid enough to bring the child into harm’s way and it seemed like Susan was the only one who knew how to care for an infant.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Edward Donohue Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Edward heard a new voice shouting for help. He turned to look to see who was calling. He took a few steps towards the sound and just as he began to look in the smoldering rubble, his seer's senses were activated. He saw a wisp of green smoke curling about like a serpent, curling comfortably around a blond man. He did his best to ignore the vision--until he encountered a blond man in the rubble, a wand laying off at a distance. His wand, perhaps? He understood. A dark arts follower to beware of. He did not recognize the man, but Edward was far from stupid.

Edward used his wand to toss the smoking scrap of wood off the dark arts follower and tossed it 'accidently' on top of the stray wand, allowing the scrap of wood to reignite. Edward directed his attentions to the blond man rather than the burning wood and wand.

"Are you hurt, young man?" Edward asked. "I can call a healer for you if you'd like."
Edward Donohue
Edward Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:01 pm

An older man, someone he did not recognize, came to his aid. He had an air of authority about him and Aaron made sure to make a mental note of his features. He had a feeling he would be seeing him again sometime soon. He approached and flung the debris off of his legs, right onto his wand. No matter, Aaron would not need it. He was no here to battle like some pathetic Dark Wizard who was out for power. He knew he was powerful, he did not need to prove it.

"I am fine," Aaron said as he pushed himself to his feet. He stood up and dusted himself off and stood up straight. "Young man, eh? Haven't heard that in awhile. Nice change of pace." He finally had himself cleaned up and he faced the man who had come to his aid. "Thank you for the help. I owe you one, come by my shop sometime and I can give your wand a little tune up mister.....?"
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Post by Edward Donohue Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:36 pm

"Donohue," Edward introduced himself. "A wandmaker, eh? I shall remember that. My old wand is like an old friend. I have gotten used to its quirks as it has gotten used to mine. But I never know if I shall need to give one as a gift. I don't believe we've met. I don't think I've met a wandmaker since Mr. Ollivander before the second wizarding war. What's the name of your shop?"

Edward was more accustomed to playing his cards close to the vest. He had avoided using his first name. He knew that, among most werewolves, the name Edward Donohue was feared, especially among the older generation of werewolves. He'd not been involved in much active hunting in the last five years so perhaps this young whippersnapper didn't know his history--if Edward was lucky. The older werewolves avoided Edward much like vampires feared the stories of the legendary Van Helsing and knew Edward to be an unrelenting hunter and a swift killer.

And if Edward could avoid revealing more about himself, he would be somewhat satisfied. Donohue was not an uncommon name, so if Edward could remain merely an old man, that did not displease him. He wasn't afraid of a contest, but this wasn't the time. Nor the place. This young man had no need, at the moment to fear Edward anyway. Edward wasn't getting the feel from him that he was a werewolf anyway. He generally had a sense, a sort of a gut instinct, about those affected with lycanthropy. He didn't have the same sense about this man.

Edward did not fear dark arts followers. In his line of work, it benefitted him to be a neutral. To have friends on both sides of the law. But, just as he didn't want to aggravate the sometimes all-too-proper Order members, he didn't choose to aggravate anyone who might be a Death Eater either. He believed most Death Eaters were little more than loose canons anyway.
Edward Donohue
Edward Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top