Halloween - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Halloween - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Halloween

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halloween - Page 2 Empty Re: Halloween

Post by Silvyr Svan Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:57 am

Sorry, your right. I need to start playing nice..... I just don't like to be cold shouldered or basically told to shove off when the person clearly didn't even read my post......

Anyways you guys decide what you want to do and I'll show up. I'll be happy to hand out punch or something. Maybe I can handle a big boy chore.... then again probably not.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:34 am

Sorry Silvyr, I just haven't been feeling very well and just wanted to get a post in. I should have read your post more carefully. But if you're really not feeling up to doing anything then that's fine. But if you are feeling up to doing something feel free to keep posting. Don't let one misread post because I was tired get you down.

But I suppose if we did conjure them up magically it will work. It's actually a good idea.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:31 am

Understood. I think my problem lately has been that I'm always super caffeine'd up due to studying. I'll start doing the walk away for five minutes and then reread before posting method.

Anyways, No I'll be on and playing around with people as the night goes on. I had a few fun idea's as to how to scare people throughout the night.

To add to the whole thing of magical creatures being around ( if we don't really want any around even though I think the fake ones would be fun) you could say that something is out in the woods but shouldn't be a bother throughout the night. I would love to take on the mission of the
M-M-M-MONSTER by going around with Leah and growling loudly or breathing heavily and chasing people as they get spooked away from the shrieking shack back to the party. I was thinking maybe Jack could make an announcement at the start of the party or in the invite that something has been tracked in this area and has taken refuge in the forbidden forest. So come at your own risk.Halloween - Page 2 White-wolf
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:58 am

I'll write down the two ideas I came up with before I head to bed:

1. A good game for some of our younger characters could be a sort of bobbing for apples, only wizard-style. Instead of being inside a tub of water, the apples could be bewitched to hover in the air and the children have to jump for them. The rules of using only your mouth would still apply. As a reward for capturing an apple, each apple could have an enchantment that will transform the child into a super-cool outfit for a few hours...or the apples could do something else. I just thought it'd be cool if the apples rewarded the child in some way when it was caught.

2. A Halloween Quidditch game. Unlike regular Quidditch, there would be no quaffle. Instead, the chasers would play with a bewitched pumpkin, and if the pumpkin stays in the same chaser's hands for too long, it will explode and that chaser will be kicked out of the game. Kind of like hot-potato on broomsticks. Still have a keeper and bludgers and the snitch, but the exploding pumpkin would just kind of add an extra fun element to the game.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Silvyr Svan wrote:To add to the whole thing of magical creatures being around ( if we don't really want any around even though I think the fake ones would be fun) you could say that something is out in the woods but shouldn't be a bother throughout the night. I would love to take on the mission of the
M-M-M-MONSTER by going around with Leah and growling loudly or breathing heavily and chasing people as they get spooked away from the shrieking shack back to the party. I was thinking maybe Jack could make an announcement at the start of the party or in the invite that something has been tracked in this area and has taken refuge in the forbidden forest. So come at your own risk.

I really like that idea. Perhaps, to add atmosphere, you could make a special account specifically for dropping in on threads and scaring people. Yes, let's do that! Also thanks for understanding.

I like the bobbing for apples idea. And the super cool costume. Perhaps we should ask some of the people with first year characters for ideas. I mean it doesn't hurt to figure out what people want eh? And as far as Quidditch goes I know Matt IC not gonna be interested in that, he hates Quidditch. But if you wanna plan all that go for bit because I like that idea.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:51 pm

I'll hook up with Jack and see if she'd be interested in a quidditch match. I know that her character enjoys quidditch, but she's bee busy lately too. If she don't mind helping out a bit, we'll see about getting some interested players for the game. Perhaps an incentive could be playing with or against the famous james potter. He'd hate that aspect of it, but could easily get talked into it for 'the happiness of the children' lol.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:54 pm

I'm in.

I can't get too active in the whole planning on the Order's side, as I am very busy, and DEs need some sort of presence too (and no one really has anything yet) but I'd be up for Quidditch. =D

Also... I'm REALLY liking the ideas here. We never have a surplus of ideas.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:51 pm

I think a bit of everything has been mentioned so I'm all out of ideas. I'm tying to keep Whight EXTREMELY active on the site so he will definitely be there to partake in the festivities. I like all the ideas thus far and i agree there should be some DE involvement just for the sake of the site.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:48 pm

S'pose once I get Morrigan's app up to scratch and accepted, she'd be a perfect Death Eater to be crashing the party...
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:17 pm

I'll help put in whatever I can, maybe we can do alittle something like we did last year like me and Chassy did. We had a ball for students at Hogwarts and a party and tour for graduates in Diagon Alley. A haunted Gringotts tour underground was for the adults so they can have some fun as well! As for students we had the shack as a haunted house a maze like in the fourth hp books with spooky magical creatures. Maybe we can do something like that this year but a bit different.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top