Halloween
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Halloween Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Halloween

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halloween Empty Halloween

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:10 pm

So I suppose there's a fair amount of interest in this Halloween event. So here I am making a topic. Leave your ideas below and I'll make up a list of what we have already.

• Masquerade Ball - Originally Darren's idea but he was ignored
  • Haunted House - Shrieking Shack
  • Fortune Teller Booths - We could get real Seer's
  • Costume Contest - Self Explanatory

If you guys need some help or anything here's a map of Hogsmeade from the Lexicon
Halloween Hogsmeademap-sh

GO NUTS!

Last edited by Matthew Lestrange on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Halloween Empty Re: Halloween

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:59 am

I don't know where you could do the Haunted House, possibly where you said, but what if people assumed that the Shrieking Shack was the centre of the Haunted House and the few that headed there - not reading the signs or whatever - encountered something horrible like a werewolf or a particularly ugly band of Death Eaters? Very Happy
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:16 pm

And that's why I have this topic. I love that idea, we could have the shrieking shack as the main haunted place because it's already haunted. And perhaps a haunted maze somewhere. The more the scarier.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Do you remember the Friday Fun Night? Something in that style works well for haunted houses, I find.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Evander Yaxley Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:53 pm

I like the haunted maze idea.

We could sort of turn the area around the Shrieking Shack into a maze and have some dead ends with some kinds of scary creatures or boggarts or something. And the only way to get out would be to head for the Shrieking Shack. Once they were there, you could have Eli's idea come in where they encounter a werewolf or DE's?
Evander Yaxley
Evander Yaxley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:08 am

We could have a few of each style of magical (scary) creature. Vampires, werewolves, dementors, and a lot of black cats. All of which could be summoned through magical means and therefore making them all unable to threaten anyone's life. Then we could add a way to be summoned back to the shrieking shack if it gets to be to much.

But we should say in the beginning that you can't use magic to subdue whatever creature you encounter. You can only run, scream, and do everything physically possible to get the creature off your tale. This would be able to allow fun side plots of a few people being separated or groups getting cornered and having to restart.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Fields Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Well i love all those ideas but how about starting the maze on the empty plot next to the three broomsticks then as Jake said have it end at the shrieking shack. I have a charrie who is a vampire we can get him involved too hes the owner of The Leaky Cauldron
Damon Fields
Damon Fields
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 193
Special Abilities : Animagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:03 am

I think maybe we should just have the Shrieking Shack as our haunted house. Then e could use the Garden & the Three Broomsticks as a sort of chill area. Inside we'd be playing music and tables would be set up. Outside in the garden it could either be a romantic situation for characters or a place were little kids can escape from the horrors surrounding them.

But let's not focus too much on that simple stuff. Also think about ho your characters could get involved IC. I think we should be running various booths/milling about as a secret guard kind of thing. That way if anything goes wrong The Order can be ready ASAP.

Also on the note of magical creatures. I'm not sure that we should have any involved too much. Because magical creatures/half breeds can be very unpredictable in the books and IC.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:23 am

Also on the note of magical creatures. I'm not sure that we should have any involved too much. Because magical creatures/half breeds can be very unpredictable in the books and IC.

We could have a few of each style of magical (scary) creature. Vampires, werewolves, dementors, and a lot of black cats. All of which could be summoned through magical means and therefore making them all unable to threaten anyone's life.

Sometimes I wonder why I post.

Anyways I was going to say Leah and I could run around and have a bunch of red liquid all over our white fur and just act crazy. But now that I think about it..... I'd rather watch a movie or something that night so whatever.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:45 am

In or out of the Order meeting, we do love the tension don't we? Laughing

Perhaps we should dream up some holiday festivities for wizards that could be compared to what muggles do. IE: bobbing for apples, pumpkin carving, toilet papering/egging houses....

I'm sure there's a more interesting magical equivalent to some common Halloween activities that the kiddies (and adults) would enjoy. I'll have to try and think of some when my brain isn't so dead, but thought I'd get this out there so that it may inspire greater minds than my own.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top