peacefulness is overrated!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

peacefulness is overrated! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

peacefulness is overrated!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

peacefulness is overrated! Empty peacefulness is overrated!

Post by Preston Underwood Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Sam couldn't believe that this was his last and final year here, where has the time gone? last he remember he was a scared little first year trying to find his way around. Sam was really going to miss the place, Hogwarts was his second home and been for seven years now. It was going to be hard for Sam leave a place that he had so many memories at. Although he knew that he was going to see some of his friends again so it wasn't the end. Besides, it wasn't like he wasn't going to see Hogwarts ever again either.

Sitting in front of the lake Sam stared at the lake seeing the giant squid pop his head above the water for a second before going back down. Shaking his head Sam smiled to himself, as odd as it made seem Sam liked seeing the giant squid at this day of day. After all, it was the best time to see him if there wasn't kids throwing rocks at him. It was dinner time, but for some odd reason Sam, wasn't in the mood to eat. He was beginning to wonder if he wasn't getting sick or catching something. He knew the sickness was going around, he was beginning to wonder if it finally effected him.

Staring at the lake deep in thought he was finally snapped of of his thoughts as he seen a first year getting picked on. "Hey leave him alone!"Sam cried to the kids who seem like a bunch of seventh years like himself. Sam hated people who picked on first years, in his opinion they were nothing then a bunch of punks. "Bug off before you hurt yourself!'said one of the Slytherin boys smirking at him. "Oh I highly doubt that, I think it'll be more you then anything!"Sam replied back in a calm voice.

"Is that a thread Nesbitt? because you know I'll beat you down."said the slytherin boy whipping out his wand. "Yeah I guess it is, but you know what I'm not afraid I can take you!"said Sam smirking at him. "We'll see about that! Stupefy!"said the slytherin boy as the red spell headed quickly towards Sam. But Sam who was quite a good duelist seen it coming pulled out his wand and reacted. "Protego!" as the spell bounced off his shield. "You know, you shouldn't hit someone who isn't ready for it!'Sam cried. "Fine I see this duel isn't going anywhere, I'll just fight you by hand!"the slytherin boy cried as he walked up to punch Sam but before he did Sam caught his hand. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."said Sam smirking at him as the Slytherin boys ran away.

"Thanks."the first boy said shyly. "No problem, I know how it feels to be picked on, I was that way."said Sam honestly. "Really? well thankyou I'm going back to the Gryffindor common room that way I'm safe."said the first year. "Good idea, I think you'll be safer there."said Sam honestly not wanting the boy to get hurt anymore. As the boy walked off Sam walked back to his spot underneath the tree and looked back at the lake.

[Ooc; sorry, got a bit carried away!]

Preston Underwood
Preston Underwood
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 394

Back to top Go down

peacefulness is overrated! Empty Re: peacefulness is overrated!

Post by Victoria McLaggen Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:49 am

[That's fine, it gives me an opportunity to see your level of expertise in RP, you're good]

Victoria drank her tea, in peacefulness. She was in her dormitory, away from the noise and chaos that was the great hall. She'd often sit alone in silence at dinner, it was the only time she could be calm, and it gave her chances to ponder over her day. She had a white rose on her lap, simply the most beautiful flower in her opinion and it smelt like heaven. She hummed 'You are my sunshine' by her favourite muggle artist, Willie Nelson. She was content, and happy. That was until she heard a rumbling sound that was particularly familiar, kids eating dinner were starting to move around, this usually happened at the time dessert evaporated into thin air and children started to move, to come back to their respective common rooms, and some would try to figure out other houses passwords.

She looked out of the window, and it showed the grounds and the lake. This was one of the places she loved. She got up dusting off the petals which were now clinging to her dress, this was her last year at hogwarts, unless she purposely flunked, which was not an option for her. If she was to become the youngest Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and Animals, it would be amazing. And she couldn't waste any time at all. She had asked for apprenticeships at the ministry of magic, but been denied those opportunities due to being so young.

She left her common room, and through the portrait of the bear, which was hard, considering the flood of fellow Hufflepuffs trying to get into the common room. She walked onto the grass, which was next to the lake, and saw two boys engaging in a duel, "Stupefy" she heard someone yell, and the other boy yelled "Protego" in return. Then they had a fist fight, well not really. She wouldn't consider a boy running at someone with a clenched fist and the opponent blocking the fist with his own hand a fist fight. She knew she should've helped them, but the boy seemed to have it handled. He was a Gryffindor if she was not mistaken.

She didn't mind Gryffindor's, especially cute ones like this boy, hopefully he wasn't a complete tool. The Slytherin boy cowered, and ran back to the castle, plus the boy was a good dueller, so, he ticked all 3 boxes. She went up to him, twisted a strand of her hair on her index finger. "Mind if i sit down?".
Victoria McLaggen
Victoria McLaggen

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Preston Underwood Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:04 pm

[Alright if I go overboard let me know! Wink]

Sam was snapped out of his thought as a female voice asked if she could sit down. "Sure, I don't mind."said Sam. She was very pretty girl, Sam seen her around school and knew that she was Hufflepuff. Not that he minded, it was just there were alot of girls out there that were after him because of his looks. "You didn't see that did you?" Sam asked wondering if she seen him dueling or some what fighting. Sam was a humble and modest person, he didn't like fighting unless there was a need to which there was.

"I don't like fighting, but I wasn't about to let that little boy get hurt I know what it's like to be like him."Sam muttered. Sam never spoke much about his pass to anyone, but for some reason he felt like she wouldn't judge him. The reason why Sam was the way he was now, was because he was bullied in his muggle school. Yes, it's hard to believe that Sam a tall muscular guy like him was tease and bullied. But he was, that's why he stops any type of bullying or teasing he sees.

"Oh so rude of me I'm Sam, Sam Nesbitt seventh year Gryffindor as you probably know."said Sam honestly. "So tell me, what is a pretty girl like you doing outside alone? surely your boyfriend must be looking for you."said Sam honestly. He knew if he had something as pretty as Victoria was he wouldn't let her out of his sight. But some guys are different then again some are them are major asses. But he was one of those nice guys that didn't take advantage of girls unlike some guys he knew around Hogwarts.

Sam wasn't the person to judge people, but he he studied people based on how they acted around him. He knew it was a bit crazy, but the way people act not only affect them but it affects you as well. Sam figured that was why mainly his two best friends were Leslie and Terra, because they were mature and they been through alot like him. Although Sam was very out-going he liked people like him, but as for girls he just wanted someone who didn't like him because of his looks.
Preston Underwood
Preston Underwood
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria McLaggen Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:21 am

"Fair enough," she said while sitting down, gracefully. "You only did what you had to, if not the boy would have many sores, and be very intimidated by older students, and I know as a child, when an older student picked on me, I always wished they'd be someone to protect me" she said this quite bluntly, in her first year, no students were willing to help a little first year like her.

"Oh," she said, "I'm Victoria, Victoria McLaggen" she knew some students had heard of her dad, from their previous Hogwarts years, and she didn't want to know the comments. Apparently he was a total jerk back in his days. She always prided herself to never be like him. "And funnily enough, I have heard of you." she said. "And yes, I know you're in gryffindor," she said, she knew all Gryffindors prided themselves in making everyone know they were the bravest, and most courageous. "Hmm..." she said, thinking of a response about the boyfriend comment, "I don't have one," she said truthfully, "I guess I'm waiting for the right guy".

"What about you? I'm surprised you're not with your girlfriend, on a beautiful night like this?"
Victoria McLaggen
Victoria McLaggen

Back to top Go down

Post by Preston Underwood Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:38 am

"Yes very true indeed, I always always intimidated by older students at my muggle school."said Sam honestly. "I always wished there was something to help me, but I always assumed they were to scared to stand up and do anything."said Sam shrugging. "You were picked on in you first year?"Sam asked her shocked to see something pick on a pretty girl like her. "I wasn't picked on in my first year, but like I mentioned a couple of minutes ago I was picked on in my muggle school."said Sam honestly. "That's why I'm the way I am now, I learned how to fight and took karate classes."said Sam honestly. "My father is quite a excellent duelist so I guess it runs in my blood."said Sam shrugging.

Sam smiled as she told him her name. "Victoria, I like it fits you."said Sam giving her a soft warm smile. Sam raised his eyebrows when she told him that she heard of him before. "Oh really, what have you heard of me? hopefully it's not anything bad!"said Sam chuckling. Although Sam was a good person, so he doubt there was anything bad said about him.
Preston Underwood
Preston Underwood
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria McLaggen Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:57 pm

"Thank you, Sam fits you too,' she said, "I don't know if you known this or not, but Sam's meaning, is 'His name is God'" she said, smiling warmly at him, "So are you an angel in disguise, or is the meaning of your name not true at all?" she asked. She wasn't religious or anything, but she had a near photogenic memory. She only had to hear something once, to remember it.

"Oh, nothing bad. Just that you sleep around." she made a brief pause to see if he'd react or not. "I'm just joking, you know that right?" she said giggling. "Nothing much, just how you're cool to hang around with, and I had heard the rumours, now I now there true,' she said smiling at him. "So... how would you describe yourself?" she asked curiously. "I describe myself as bubbly, smart and fashionista" she said, laughing at the last word. She had the worst co-odination when it came to clothes, she definitely needed a stylist. "Different question, how would you describe me?" she said holding his hand.
Victoria McLaggen
Victoria McLaggen

Back to top Go down

Post by Preston Underwood Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Sam chuckled and shrugged. "I knew that it meant he is god, my mother named me that for she said I was a gift of god."said Sam honestly. "I don't know about an angel in disguise, I just try to do good things."said Sam. "Your name means variant of Victorius, well that fits you."said Sam giving her a soft warm smile. Sam was a bit of a history buff, he loved reading up on any type of history, weather it's magical or muggle.

Sam raised his eyebrows and gave her a confused look when she told him that he slept around. "Some how I think you gotten me mixed up with another Sam around here."said Sam honestly. Sam sighed in relief when she said that she was just joking. "Good because I'm not that way, and what rumors have you heard about me Ms. McLaggen?"Sam asked her smiling at her. "I describe myself as smart, courageous, and strong."said Sam laughing at the last word he said. When he asked to describe her he smiled. "Hm... let me, I would describe you as beautiful, bubbly, smart and out-going."said Sam honestly.
Preston Underwood
Preston Underwood
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria McLaggen Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:10 am

Hmmm.... she said aloud, thinking of the four words he had just said, "Good choice,' she said, "So, I know you think i'm pretty, but when have I proven to you I'm smart? If I was smart, I'd be back in the common room, before curfew, and there isn't much time left," she said. She had no intention of leaving before curfew, she could sneak around easily. "Now what do you think? Am I still smart?" she asked curiously.

She twisted a strand of hair around her finger, and her cheeks turned a light pink hue.
'My turn, I'd describe you as Brave, Handsome, Out-Going, and finally, a Gentleman" she said smiling.

"So, you didn't answer my question before, where's your girlfriend, shouldn't she be her with you?"
That could sometimes be a very touchy subject for some people, she knew. But he could handle it.

"So, do you play quidditch, or are you light-hearted, when it comes to heights? I play Keeper myself,"
Victoria McLaggen
Victoria McLaggen

Back to top Go down

Post by Preston Underwood Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:39 pm

"I seen you in class Ms. McLaggen, you have proven to me that your smart."said Sam giving her a soft warm smile. Sam chuckled at her comment. "Yes I still would, because only smart people know when to have fun."said Sam honestly. "Although I would say your rebellious."said Sam smirking at her. "Are you rebellious Ms. McLaggen?"Sam asked her smiling at her.

"Well thankyou, I try to be all those things at times, but sometimes it is hard."said Sam honestly. "You believe it if I told you but I can be VERY shy at times, I sometimes tend to shut the world out."said Sam looking at the lake. When she asked if he played Quidditch Sam nodded. "Of course I do, I play Chaser for Gryffindor of course.
Preston Underwood
Preston Underwood
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria McLaggen Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:51 pm

"Only when I want to be," she said still twisting a bit of her hair on her finger she the bit her lip, and said "Do you want be to be rebellious Sam? Because I can". She was trying to attract Sam very much. She liked him already, plus he was cute.

"Oh, Chaser. Well I guess I'll see you out there, you're going to go easy on me right? I wouldn't want you to throw the quaffle at me, and I fall of my broom. That could be embarrassing. I'd never embarrass you," she said grinning at him.

"But there is one more quality I've heard about you that I want to see is true. Apparently you're a good kisser," she said arching her lips and leaning in.
Victoria McLaggen
Victoria McLaggen

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top