Wait a second, is this a joke?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Wait a second, is this a joke? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Wait a second, is this a joke?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wait a second, is this a joke? Empty Wait a second, is this a joke?

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:15 am

It was another hot blistering day as Sophia walked through the crowded street of Hogsmeade heading towards the three broomsticks. Sophia hated hot days like this, for one it made her burn and two it was to darn hot for her taste. Sophia loved cool rainy days, or better yet winter time for she could stay out longer and the snow was so pretty to Sophia. Hurrying to the three broomsticks Sophia finally reached it much to a great relief to her. Pushing open the door the bell tinkled above her head as she walked into the crowded pub.

Walking up to the bar she gave the bartender a soft warm smile. "May I have a butterbeer please?"Sophia asked the bartender as he set down his rag and gotten her a glass and poured butterbeer in her. As the bartender set her glass down in front of her Sophia gotten out her money and set it down on the bar. "Thankyou, keep the rest as tip."said Sophia giving the bartender a soft warm smile before taking her drink. Turning around she looked around the packed pub for a place to sit but sighed as she didn't see one. "Why can you never find a place to sit when you want one?"Sophia asked herself softly.

Looking around the packed pub onve again she seen a couple of students getting up and leave the pub. Heading quickly over towards the table near the window Sophia knocked into someone as her butterbeer went flying everywhere. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry are you ok?"Sophia asked the guy softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Wait a second, is this a joke? Empty Re: Wait a second, is this a joke?

Post by Danny Thompson Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:30 am

Perhaps something was messing with him. That just had to be the case.

Danny Thompson had recently come out of hiding in the United States, determined to try and restart his life back in the wizarding world. From the start of it, he wasn't doing that great. When he vanished, he had assumed another identity, something no one would ever suspect. Nor try to go looking for. He grew tired of his false life though and left that life behind him, wanting to go back to where his roots were dug in. He decided it was time to head back to England. So that's what happened, he supposedly just showed up one day in Diagon Alley and the rest was history. It was a pain in the ass though to try and get some money, seeing as how the goblins hadn't recognized him and truly believed the original Danny to be dead. Maybe it was something he did with his hair.

Once he had gotten his account back however (after going through a series of painfully long interviews and interrogation led by the Ministry), he decided it was time to head back to Hogsmeade. He hadn't been there in years, and he was really craving a butterbeer, something he hadn't had since his seventh year in school. Luckily, he was still able to apparate with his new license and so he was able to make the journey fairly quickly. When he got there, he should've prepared himself though. Memories flooded back in, and he truly began to feel homesick. He had missed the place for so long, he had forgotten all about how he enjoyed the daily visits to this place. It was bittersweet for him, to be away for so long and to just suddenly be back.

At any rate, Danny stepped inside, familiar with the surroundings and sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. "Do I know you from somewhere?" the barkeep asked, staring at his face intently. "Nah, I'm just a drifter," Danny had replied, the keep believing his suspicious story. He really didn't need anything thrown at him at the moment, he just wanted to take his time and allow himself to seep through the wizarding society again.

Too bad somebody pushed him in.

It all came crashing down when he heard Sophia enter the bar, her voice still familiar in his head. He froze instantly and had tried to leave, but in a failed attempt as she ran into him. His glance frozen on her face, he swallowed a little, too nervous to speak. How were you supposed to tell your best friend you're not actually dead? "Uhh...I'm fine," he said, hoping she wouldn't recognize him. Perhaps it would've helped if he disguised his voice. He suddenly had the realization though. Something had to be messing with him. Something out there set him up for this.

It was toying with him.
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 317
Special Abilities : Animagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 am

Sophia froze as the guy talked to her, for it was a voice she haven't heard in so many years. Looking curiously at the guy she begin to wonder if it was who she really thought it was. Sophia knew that Andrew told her that he might be alive but she didn't want to believe it. She was there when Danny died that day, as well as Andrian it was a horrible day to Sophia. It was a memory that Sophia would never forget as well as many other horrible memories that were in her mind she wanted to forget.

"Um... sorry about that, I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going."said Sophia as she gotten out her wand and pointed it as the floor as it cleaned itself up. "You didn't get it on you did you?"Sophia asked him softly eyeing his clothes before looking down at herself. Noticing that she had some butterbeer down the front of her dress Sophia flicked her wand as it disappeared. "I'm glad your ok, I guess I'll see you around maybe."said Sophia giving him a soft warm smile as she went to her table and sat down. Although Sophia's mind was racing a million miles an hour nonstop thinking if that was who she thought it was.

Shaking the thought out of her head Sophia ordered another butterbeer and kept to herself. If it was Danny, then he'll know who she was for she really hasn't changed that much since he last saw her. Of course she was a bit more powerful then the last time, but that wasn't a major issue to Sophia. Sophia been through alot over the years, from almost dying to being evil she been through it all. Sophia was surprise she was still sane and alive.

Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thompson Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:56 am

Danny's heart beated a little bit faster, adrenaline starting to flow in. He really just wanted to get out of there, he didn't want to have to explain everything that happened to him. Christ, he just wanted to buy a drink and that was it, not explain his life story to a friend he abandoned. He nodded his head and held his hands up saying "Oh don't worry about it, nothing got on me." Chances were she probably knew, but probably couldn't process what was happening like he was. He wasn't going to be 'oh hey Soph, just dropping in after two years! What's up?'. He wasn't that guy anymore.

When Sophia walked away, Danny quickly fiddled in his pocket and set a galleon on the bar. "Keep the change," he said quietly to the keep and quickly departed the building. He sort of regreted that decision, because as soon as he stepped outside, he walked back out into the humidity. Gee, what a plesant surprise...the joys of summer. He held his hand up in front of his face as he readjusted his eyes back to the bright light ad quickly walked to the left. He would come back later and talk to her then, he would do that and tell whoever was messing with his life to 'f*** off'. That would be the end of that, and Danny would then become a responsible adult and lead a life full of happiness!

Oh who was he kidding.
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:29 am

Watching the guy she bumped into leave the building Sophia looked at him confused as her eyes and hair turned gold in worry. Her mind racing Sophia tried putting her thoughts together but they were all scattered like a puzzle. Putting two and two together Sophia gasped in shock and looked out the window at Danny again. Sophia was a very smart girl, but what hse was seeing was impossible right? It wasn't possible that Danny was alive and well.

No it wasn't possible he died when she was seventeen years old she seen him die that horrible night. He couldn't be back, he just couldn't he was dead and been that way for two years now. Sophia was just now getting on with the death of her sister Nikki, she didn't need this. Of course she missed him, he was one of her best friends in Hogwarts Danny,her and Andrian were considered the new golden trio that did everything together. Those were the old old days when everything was peaceful and calm, now everything was different now, they were different
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thompson Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:42 am

Danny quickly turned his head around, a sigh of relief then passing through his lips. She hadn't followed him. He looked, beginning to walk away when something stopped him. He felt locked to the ground almost, an uneasy guilt suddenly rising in him. He struggled with his thoughts for a second, knowing he really wanted to just walk away and forget this ever happened. Yet the other part of him knew he would have to do this. It was going to happen eventually, regardless of what time it would take place or where it would begin. He needed to face this, and it had to be now.

With a small growl at himself, he turned around and began to walk back towards the bar. Maybe she wouldn't be too mad at him, she did seem to have a different aura about her. Maybe she would just laugh about it and continue on like old times. Or maybe she would pick a spot on her wall as to where to put his head. Maybe a combination of both.

He opened the door back up, his heart sinking slowly as he made his way back to Sophia. She must've known by now, she just had to. "Hey Soph," he said softly, his mouth attempting to form a slight smile.
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:56 pm

Sophia was reading a book as she heard and felt someone standing before in front of her table. Looking up from her book she looked up at Danny before closing bookmarking her book and closing it. "Hello Danny."said Sophia giving him a long stern stare. "Have a seat, that's if you wish to have one."said Sophia softly taking a sip of her butterbeer. Sophia wasn't the same person she used to be, of course she was still nice and sweet but after tons of battles she fought in she did have a dark side.

"So long time no see, glad to see your back after we all thought you were dead."said Sophia softly. "Two years Danny, two years we thought you were dead and you know how that feels?"Sophia asked him softly. "I lost so many people including my little sister, don't you think I been through enough hell?"Sophia asked him with tears in her eyes. "I been happy after all the things that happened to me, I some how seem to put a smile on my face."said Sophia softly. "If you want to know how things been lately I'll tell you."said Sophia softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thompson Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:45 am

Now things felt awkward for the man. He really just wanted to say 'Sorry for ditching ya for two years, let's have lunch', but he knew this would have to be a delicate procedure. When someone rose from the dead, you didn't exactly want things to go too quickly. He nodded and sat down in the seat, opposite of where Sophia had been sitting. He listened to her with interest, his eyes rolling down occasionally out of embarrassment. He had no idea as to what to say really, his mind could only draw blanks.

"It's not like I was trying to put you through hell Sophia," he said softly, his tone kind like it has had been around his friends "I came back for a reason, and I know this is difficult for you. But I'm back now, and I'm ready to just...start over." Those last words came out of his mouth rather slowly. He could bear thinking about that right now, he had already done that two years ago. He rubbed the back of his head, looking down at the table. "How's Andrian?" he asked, rather blankly
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:42 am

Sophia looked at him and nodded. "I know you didn't Danny, but why didn't you tell us you were alive?"Sophia asked him softly. "It's is very diffcult for you, after two years of thinkingyou were dead?"said Sophia honestly. "We can start over again Danny, but it might take awhile."said Sophia softly. After so many years there one thing still about Sopiha, she was still forgiving kind person. Not many things has changed about her, only a couple of things but she was still the same.

When he asked hoe Andrian was she frowned. "Not so good, he lost his memory and doesn't know who he is."said Sophia sighing. "I'm trying to get him back to normal, but so far no luck."said Sophia. "It's sad that he's this way, it really hurts me that he's this way."said Sophia softly. "Maybe it's for the best though, maybe he needs to forget some things that happened to him."said Sophia softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thompson Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:43 am

Danny frowned, looking away from. In a way, he hadn't really known why he left in the first place. Danny had always followed his gut, and his gut told him to just go. To just run. And for some reason, he took that seriously, hoping that wherever he went, good things were to follow. But then again, he was then attacked by aurors and subsequently considered killed. What a charming adventure he sure had. He looked back at Soph and said "I don't know why to be honest. I just needed to stay hidden for a while. And I guess it worked." He wondered if she was used to his disappearances, he did it sorta often.

When Sophia brought up Andrian, he furrowed his brow. Amnesia? What the hell? "Wait, how the hell did he lose his memory? He get into an accident or something?" he asked, his face bearing concern. Seemed like everything odd or strange followed the three, Danny disappearing for two years, Andrian losing his memory...but he wasn't sure as to what Sophia was experiencing at this point. She seemed a little different, possibly normal still. Yet something felt off. Danny shook his head, trying to throw off some random thoughts, and then said "So he has no memory of himself? Or anything?"
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top