It's a vacation, so try to have fun - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It's a vacation, so try to have fun - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It's a vacation, so try to have fun

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's a vacation, so try to have fun - Page 2 Empty Re: It's a vacation, so try to have fun

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:03 pm

The upstairs of the house was even more beautiful than downstairs. Sapphire immediately chose the room furthest from the rest, near the end of the hallway. It was bright and bubbly just like she was and it already seemed to have her essence even though she'd only just arrived there. Her clothes were immediately unpacked and placed in the places where they went and she sighed happily, looking around. With a quick nod the fifteen year old ran back toward the room Amelia had chosen and she peeked inside to see her friend.

She raised a finger to her mouth and looked up at the ceiling after her question about the letter. "Um, I think Mum can take care of that. Wait here." she smiled and she raced downstairs to look for her mum. When she found her, Sapphire asked her how Amelia could get letters back to her parents. Pavla explained the process to Sapphire, but as usual the girl had gotten lost and she just pulled her mum toward Amelia's room. "Either tell her how to do it. Or you do it Mum." Sapphire said.

Pavla sighed and knocker lightly on the door before entering the room. "Amelia." she said. "If you like, I can send it to your parents for you." she said. Sapphire motioned for her to give the letter to her mum. "It's easier to have my mum do it. She knows how this stuff works." she said.
Malmuira
Malmuira "Moira" Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 388

Back to top Go down

It's a vacation, so try to have fun - Page 2 Empty Re: It's a vacation, so try to have fun

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:48 am

While Amelia was waiting for Sapphire to come back with her mum, she put the Bones seal on the letter. She preferred the Bones crest over the Macmillan crest. She missed her mum talking about politics and how to improve study time to get the most out of her schooling. It was the little things she was missing; she didn’t miss the farm but everything that happens there.

“Do you mind showing me what you’re going to do? You can do it but I just want to see,” asked Amelia. She loved learning new things and took advantage of any time she could. She knew she had a chance to learn right now. She didn’t want to be overbearing either but she knew she can’t care so muc.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:39 pm

"Not at all dear." Pavla said in a warm tone and she motioned for Amelia and Sapphire to follow her. "It's quite simple, and if you like, after I show you how it's done, you can send the letters by yourself. You don't even have to tell me or Sergei that you're going to send one." Pavla told the girl and Sapphire smiled. She leaned over to Amelia and whispered in her ear, "I know how to use it, but I always make mum send them for me anyways." she looked at her mum and smiled.

"It's like using the flop network to take people somewhere." Pavla said. "Just place the letter where you'd normally stand, grab some of the powder, say where you want it to go and drop the power." she said. "Same thing." She placed the letter down and after saying who it was to go to, Pavla dropped the powder and the letter was gone. "Now it should reach your mum. You'll just have to wait for her to reply." she smiled at Amelia and went off into the kitchen where Sergei had been watching them from.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Amelia couldn’t believe how simple it was. She wondered if it worked for objects too. She had never known the floo network could do such things. It was brilliant, wizards never ceased to amaze her. She was excited to use it on her own now.

“Does it work for objects? What are its limitations?” she asked. She was wondering why she had never learned about this, she knew that her mum would have before she left home. It was very helpful and time conserving. This is something they should teach at Hogwarts.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:40 pm

Sapphire swayed back and forth on her heels as her mum began to answer Amelia's questions from the kitchen. "Yes, it does." she said. "The only thing is that it only works on small objects, not of large ones." she added. Sapphire never got that part, the floo network could help people travel, yet it couldn't transport large objects that weren't people to other places. She found that kind of lame, it made no sense to her.

"If you like, you can try it out for yourself right now. Pick something you'd like to send your parents and do the same thing I showed you." Pavla said, as she ducked down under the counter to get something. "If you want to send them a souvenir, we can go out and buy something from the market." Sapphire suggested, smiling at Amelia. "If you do that, be sure to come back soon, it should start to get dark here soon." Pavla said. "Which reminds me, you might have to wait a bit for a response from your parents at some points Amelia." she told the girl. "Right now, there shouldn't be a problem, but there is a few hours of difference between here and over there." she explained.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:57 pm

Amelia knew everything had limits. You can't make quality food when you use magic to help you. You can't conjure up clothes, food or money. Everything had a pro and con, just just have to decided if the pros outweigh the cons.
"I would love to do that. My little brother was begging me to get something for him," said Amelia. She had made a promise and wouldn't let Drew down. "But don't we need a different currency," she added. If the wizarding community used a different system like the muggles do this could get confusing. She frowned at the idea of delayed response. She wondered if Australia had something similar to the owl post system that would be more dependable.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:51 am

"Oh yeah. Mum we do need a different currency." Sapphire told her mum. Pavla nodded and went over to her purse. She pulled out a bit of money and handed it to Sapphire. "I don't think you'll need any more than this." she said, and smiled at the two girls. Sapphire nodded and showed the money to Amelia. "I don't really want to buy anything, so we'll use it for whatever you want." she smiled at her. "But remember Sapphire, I want you two back soon." Pavla said. "It can be dangerous out there at night, so get back here as soon as you get what you need." her expression was stern as she looked at Sapphire, fully aware of how crazy her daughter could be.

:Yes mum." Sapphire said. "We'll be back soon." she added. The fifteen year old turned toward the door and she motioned for Amelia to follow. "The market is only a couple of blocks from here. So it shouldn't take us long to get there and back." she told her. "And the Wiizarding market here, is kind of like Diagon Alley back home. Dd says that they have a better variety of magical objects here than over there though." Sapphire explained as she walked down the street with Amelia to the market.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:23 am

Amelia was hoping it would be less dangerous then England. But really didn't mind. She wondered what her parents were doing and if Edgar was okay. She wondered if they'd run into any Australian wizards their age, she's a girl after all. She would tell Sapphire's mum she'd make sure they got back soon as possible but what would be the fun in that.

"This should be fun. I just have to find something my brother would like," she said. "I have to say guys have very strange minds, it's hard to know what they will like," she added. She wondered what all they had here in Australia. She wondered what sort of strange plants and potions they would see. And if they had different brooms here.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top