It's a vacation, so try to have fun
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It's a vacation, so try to have fun Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It's a vacation, so try to have fun

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's a vacation, so try to have fun Empty It's a vacation, so try to have fun

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:38 am

DAY ONE

The decision making had been horrible. There were so many places that they could've gone that it almost completely overwhelmed her. She thought that only her parents would want to be the ones to plan where they were going. But apparently she'd been wrong about that. Being an only child, Sapphire usually found herself as the one who made the final decisions in anything.

It was weird but it was worth it sometimes. And now for their vacations, she was able to choose where they went and she was able to choose someone to take with them. After deciding that they would be going to Australia - she really loved the kangaroos and such animals that lived there - the fifteen year old had taken the liberty of sending an owl to her friend.

Amelia Macmillan.

In the owl she asked if she wanted to go with her to Australia, and if she did, she would have to ask her parents to bring her to her house. From there, Sapphire and her parents would take care of the rest of the trip to Australia. They had prepared a portkey that would take them to a Wizarding part of Australia, where they would live for a bit while they decided if they wanted to live among muggles of among their own kinds.

Last edited by Sapphire Ivanova on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malmuira
Malmuira "Moira" Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 388

Back to top Go down

It's a vacation, so try to have fun Empty Re: It's a vacation, so try to have fun

Post by Amelia Macmillan Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:12 am

Amelia stared at the ceiling while she lay on her bed. She had been reading another of the first Amelia’s journal entries but once she finished that entry she didn’t feel like reading anymore. She wondered how many times her mum had read the same entry. Reading stuff from back then seemed so surreal. She couldn’t explain how it made her feel well.

She was overjoyed to get a letter from her friend, Sapphire Ivanova. After a lot of convincing her parents agreed to let her go, even though her mum still wasn’t fond of the idea of her youngest daughter being so far away. It had been her father that had told her she could go, he told his wife that she wasn’t a little child anymore and that she would be fine. She had to agree to three conditions though: one write every day, two carry her wand at all times and three carry a pack of emergency potions at all times.

Packing only took a few minutes with the help of her father using a packing spell. He made sure she had more than enough of everything. She hugged her father tightly, she had read an entry of how her great aunt had lost the connection between her parents around her age and there was no way she’s letting that happen to her. Her father didn’t question the huge, just took it in easy. After her father left she added her own journals and her great aunt’s to her suitcase. She couldn’t admit to herself that she was a bit scared of going so far away, she hadn’t even been outside of the UK and now she was going to Australia.

Her father took her suitcase when he apparated while her mother took her for her first time apparating. She felt like her head was in some sort of compression machine. It took all of herself control not to throw up once she ended up at the front door of her friend’s house. “I know, lovely isn’t it? It won’t feel as horrible next time. I want you to be careful, alright,” said Amelia’s mum.
“Mum don’t worry I’ll be fine,” said Amelia hugging her mother. “Who knows who know who you will meet there? And don’t be afraid to use your wand if you need too. I’ll work it out with the Ministry,” said her mum. Amelia quirked an eyebrow but said nothing. She was really starting to wonder if her mum was actually doing something in the ministry.

Amelia knocked on the door now being able to see straight and didn’t feel nauseated anymore. She was excited but nervous at the same time, she never knew that was possible until now.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

It's a vacation, so try to have fun Empty Re: It's a vacation, so try to have fun

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Sapphire's mum was starting to get anxious for some reason. "Mum?" she asked. "What is it Sapphire?" her mum answered. "Why do you seem so anxious already?" she asked softly. "Oh it's nothing. Don't worry about it." her mum chuckled nervously. For some reason Sapphire was having trouble believing that it was nothing. Something was up and her mum just didn't want her to know what was going on. Looking around a bit, Sapphire noticed her father wasn't there with them in the living room anymore. She raised an eyebrow at her mum.

"Dad having trouble with the portkey?" she asked, slightly amused. "There's nothing funny about that Nicolette." she answered. If her mum called her by her middle name it showed she was aggravated by something, and that really wasn't good. "Mum, you know I don't like being called Nicolette like that." she pouted at her mum. "I'm sorry sweetie." her mum apologized and Sapphire smiled at her. "Don't worry about it Mum. I'm sure Dad will have everything ready before Amelia gets here." she reassured.

There was a knock at the door and Sapphire couldn't help the smirk that tugged at her lips. "Or not." she said, seeing as her father still hadn't come back. Her mum sent a house elf to open the door and Sapphire was overcome with a sudden wave of happiness. She looked up at her mum and when she sighed and nodded, Sapphire ran after the house elf, Amilee, to greet her friend. Just as they reached the door, Sapphire's father came into the house and he smiled. "The portkey is good to go." he smiled and Sapphire giggled a bit.

Amilee opened the door slowly, only opened it a crack too, and greeted Amelia. As she opened the door further, Sapphire smiled and gave her friend a hug. "Amelia!" she exclaimed. Pulling her into the house, Sapphire immediately ran back to the living room with her parents and she motioned for Amelia to follow.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Amelia starred at the house elf at first; she had never met one before. Her mum liked doing everything herself. Her father had even offered to get her one for Christmas one time; Amelia had never seen her mother look so insulted. Easier said, her dad was sleeping on couch for nearly a month. Talking about her dad, where was he?

She nearly fell over when Sapphire pulled her inside. She was used to her brother’s pushing her around but she typically had a two second warning. She looked back at her mother who shook her head smiling about something. She fallowed Sapphire into the living room wondering if her mum would fallow. “Hello,” said Amelia trying to be polite.

CRASH! Amelia didn’t need to look backwards to know it was her father, he must have apparated to the wrong house before. “Get off of me, Ernie! I need to put you in a freaking diet!” yelled her mum. “Come on Su dear, don’t we have enough with your cleanin’ frenzy or do you really need to torture us with a health frenzy too,” said her father, his thick Scottish accent made it nearly impossible to understand him unless you listened closely. “I rather not have a moose for a husband,” snarled her mum. “You know muscle weighs more than fat,” said her father. “Shut up,” said her mum playfully slapping her husband. Her father quirked an eyebrow which made her mother roll her eyes. Amelia turned bright red, Merlin did they always have to do that. Her mother reduced the size of Amelia’s suitcase for easier travel. She knew that they could restore back to size when they got there.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Sapphire smiled and watched Amelia's parents from the other room. "Do they always do that?" she asked, pointing to her parents. Somehow it reminded her of her own parents. They didn't exactly do the same things as Amelia's parents, but they were embarrassing for a lot of reasons. Although, she usually got a kick out of watching them act that way instead of being embarrassed by them. But Sapphire wasn't exactly the most normal person in the world so she didn't find what her parents did weird at all, most of the time. Of course there were times when they embarrassed her but those times hardly ever happened.

The girl looked at her parents and inquirer that they do something to stop whatever it was her friend's parents were arguing over. Sapphire's father stepped forward and walked up to them. "Hello. It's nice to meet you." he told them, extending his hand to the other girl's parents. "I'm glad that you allowed your daughter to accompany us on our vacation." he smiled at them. "Sapphire wouldn't have anyone else come except for Amelia." Sapphire blushed a bit and smiled at them.

"Don't worry about her." Sapphire's mum cut in. "We'll make sure to take care of your daughter as if she were our own." she said. Sapphire nodded and said, "I promise that we'll return her to you safe and sound when we get back from Australia." she said with a wide and innocent grin. "Which reminds me." her mother said, looking at her watch. "We should be leaving soon, but you can all finish your goodbyes and such. We'll be waiting right outside. Just follow this hallway here and you'll find us." she told Amelia. Sapphire smiled at them again and turned around to walk down the hall with her parents. "Nice meeting you." she called happily as she slipped down the hall after her parents.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Amelia nodded yes. It seems like it never stops. She was glad she wouldn’t be home for the Scottish bagpipes tonight, her father always designated one week out of the whole year to their Scottish heritage. She could go without her brothers wearing kilts and her mum cooking food that may just eat you first. She never told anyone her family was normal.

Susan smiled remembering how close she had once been to Hannah Abbott at Amelia’s age. She hoped that Amelia would have the same strong connection with a friend like she had once had. “Nice to meet you,” said Ernie shaking Sapphire’s father’s hand. “Amelia was probably just as persistent on going,” said Ernie.

“I worry about all of my kids, even my seventeen year old,” added Susan. “I trust that you will,” said Susan. Susan felt her stomach drop knowing her daughter would be so far away. What was she going to do when her oldest left home?

Susan hugged Amelia tightly. She wanted to hold on tight and never let go. She was still scared of being so far away for her daughter for so long. She tried her best not to cry. “Mum, need oxygen,” chocked out Amelia. “I’m sorry dear,” said Susan letting go fighting back tears. “Mum, I’ll be back. It’s not like a moving there,” said Amelia. Susan started crying. Ernie hugged Susan. “I didn’t mean for you to cry,” said Amelia feeling guilty. “Don’t worry about your mum, she’ll be fine,” said Ernie kissing the top of Susan’s head. Amelia smiled softly. Ernie let go of Susan for a second to hug his daughter. He kissed the top of Amelia’s forehead. He didn’t need to stay a thing, he knew that Amelia knew they loved her and to be careful. “I’ll write every day, I promise,” said Amelia picking up her miniature suitcase and put it in her pocket then turning to leave. She heard her father appearate with her mother back home.

She wondered around until she figured out how to get outside. She was still nervous but not like before. She was excited to see Australia now. She was also looking forward to the sun.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:07 pm

Sapphire ran toward Amelia as she came out of the house. "Everything all set with your parents?" she asked. Sapphire looked back at her parents as she heard her mum give a sharp scream. She blinked a couple of times before walking toward them. "Mum? What happened?" she asked as she saw her father leaning down toward the portkey. Her mum looked at her a bit worriedly.

"You're father is having a bit of trouble with the portkey." she said. "And he wont let me help." she added softly. Sapphire looked at her dad and sighed. "Dad. You know mum was always good with portkeys, just let her do it." Sapphire said. When he said he could do it himself, the girl pouted. "Please Daddy?" she said in a little girl voice. "Just let mum do it." she pleaded. Her father was always bad at telling her no and when she made a face like the one she had now, he never said no.

When he finally agreed to let her mum do it, Sapphire smiled and clapped. Pavla kneeled down next to the object that would be their portkey and she waved her hand over it. A few moments after she stood up and dusted herself off. "Alright. It's all set." she told everyone and Sapphire smiled. "To make sure we don't get separated, I want everyone to hold hands." Thinking it was funny, Sapphire clapped her hands together when her mother extended her hand to her. "I meant with each other." her mum said. Sapphire laughed and held her mum's hand. She extended her other hand to Amelia and smiled.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Amelia smiled at Sapphire and looked closely at her as she talked. “Yup, they’ll be fine. My mum just going throw some separation anxiety,” Amelia said coolly. She fallowed Sapphire to see what was going on. She was so ready for this trip now.

She tried not to laugh about the trouble with the portkey. She had travelled by them a lot since her mum really wasn’t supposed to appearate due to her injury she had gotten when she was younger so if her family can they use Floo or portkey. She was honestly curious about how other families worked. Her family was rather disciplined, no one questioned when asked to do something, and her parents seemed to always get along unless they got going about politics.

She took Sapphire’s hand with no hesitation. She didn’t want to end up somewhere in China or Africa so she didn’t care if she had to hold hands. She wondered what her siblings were doing right now then she wondered why she was thinking about them. Her mind was going around in circles. “Exactly where are we going in Australia?” asked Amelia.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 pm

"We plan to travel all around Australia. But we're headed for Sydney right now." Sapphire said quickly, before her father touched the portkey and they were sent off to Sydney, Australia with a loud whooshing sound. It was only moments before they appeared in the Wizarding part of Sydney. Sapphire smiled as she opened her eyes, hearing the chatter and movement of everyone around there. They had appeared in an alley there, so as not to disturb the movement and Sapphire ran to the entrance of the alley after quickly letting go of Amelia's hand. "We're here!" she exclaimed with excitement as she clapped her hands together.

"And it's just as hot as I thought it would be." Sergei said, taking his leather jacket off. "Well we warned you Dad. You're the one that chose to wear those things." Sapphire smirked at her dad and raised her hands defensively when he shot a glare in her direction. "You should've chosen something comfortable like me and Mum did." she said, motioning to her clothes. Knowing that it would be pretty hot in Australia, Sapphire decided to wear white shorts and a purple shirt with random writing on it, along with her usual converse. Her mum had chosen to wear a thin and wavy beige dress that wouldn't hold her up and it wouldn't make her feel hot.

"Well, I'll just change when we get to the house. Come on then." he motioned for everyone to follow him and Sergei led them all to the house they had bought a few years ago. "We've never been able to come here." Sapphire told Amelia. "So everything in the house is completely new." she smiled as her father opened the door to the house. The inside was huge and everything was so new and perfect. It was just beautiful inside. "There are plenty of bedrooms here, so why don't you two go upstairs and pick whichever room you want, besides the master bedroom." Pavla said, the last part about the master bedroom specifically toward Sapphire.

"Awesome!" Sapphire exclaimed and grabbed Amelia's arm. "Come on!" she said happily and proceeded to pull her friend up to the rooms so that they could choose which ones they'd want to stay in while they were there.

[OOC: Sorry for any godmodding I did. Also, this thread will be split up into different days, so we don't clutter up the forum with threads that would only be one day, is that alright?]
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Amelia couldn't believe how the great the sun felt on her skin. She had worn a yellow tank-top and light blue jean skirt. She was glad it was a city, she saw too much of the countryside at home. She loved the bustle of the city. She loved London so she hoped she loved Sydney as well.

When it came time to choosing a room; she liked her personal space, she had three siblings and for once she didn't have them walking in her room all the time. She chose a brightly coloured well lit room that was similarly coloured like hers at home. She was already homesick. She made sure no one was looking when she returned her suitcase to the right size, no one would be able to tell a underage witch used magic with two out of the four people there were overage.

She quickly wrote a letter to her parents. She was rather brief about things since nothing had really happened yet. She was looking forward to exploring Sydney. She had gone back downstairs to send her letter.

“Where can I get this letter sent to my parents?” she asked.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top