Why the hate? - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Why the hate? - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Why the hate?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why the hate? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why the hate?

Post by Risé Lehmberg Thu May 10, 2012 2:19 am

Rise smiled slightly, and her hand fell down to the grass beside her, plucking out a few pieces as she stared at the water. A friend? No one ever called her friend, unless they were Kendall, and Jack was being so kind.. so much kinder than anyone had ever been, besides Kendall of course. Rise's mind was losing it's train of thought as she became caught up in memories of the boy who had essentially stolen her heart. She sighed and watched the water as the stone skipped across it. "Down here... or in the Common Room I suppose. "She said with a shrug, smiling as the rock landed on the grassy bank all the way across the lake. She suspected the Giant Squid might have helped, but she kept quiet, just smiling slightly as a light breeze tugged at her clothes.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Number of posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Haggard Thu May 10, 2012 9:46 am

"Down here... or in the Common Room I suppose. " Shes said.

Jack smiled "Alrighty then, that's good to know"he said as the wind picked up slightly going from an almost dead calm to a gentle breeze. He gently patted her on the back. Jack Was unsure how long this friendship would last but he certainty didn't want the conversation or the meeting to end here. He then said ,almost without thinking, "Hey i got a joke, when is a door not a door?" He asked following up with the punchline before Rise had a chance to answer "When it's Ajar!" he blurted and began to Chuckle. His Chuckle quickly trailed off after he had realized how stupid he must have looked.

He then slowly raised his right open hand towards his face before looking down, covering his eyes. "That joke wasn't even funny!" He exclaimed in his head "You blew it!" His thoughts exclaimed again.
Jack Haggard
Jack Haggard

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Fri May 11, 2012 6:43 pm

Rise tensed, that was the SECOND time he had touched her. Even if it was just a nice little pat, she could feel the touch like it was fire burned into her skin each time. Her body tensed, her back went straight, and she sat stiffly, unsure of how to handle the situation. People didn't touch her.. it was just how it was, they didn't touch her, didn't look at her, pretended she didn't exist, or if she did exist, only as a tool to relieve frustrations on. But Jack.. was being friendly, talking to her.. patting her on the back. She couldn't help it, she liked him, and she was excited that he was her friend, but at the same time.. she wasn't used to it, and it scared her.

He told a joke, and she stared at him silently, frowning at the joke for a moment, before she smiled slightly. "That is funny." She said softly, her smile growing bigger before she shook her head. "What's really funny is that in this school.. I bet a door could be a jar.." She laughed and shook her head, looking down at her lap, knowing she still looked extremely tense, but she was slowly relaxing again, thanks to his random joke.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Haggard Mon May 14, 2012 3:27 am

"What's really funny is that in this school.. I bet a door could be a jar.." She laughed.

Jack brought he face away from his palm as he heard her laugh. He smiled with a look relief on his face. "Phew, that could have been bad" he thought in his head. "So.... what do you like to do?" he asked raising an eyebrow with friendly smile before continued to say "y'know like for fun and stuff...." he finished coming off a little awkward it was obvious this was one of the first times he had had a longer conversation with a girl let alone a pretty one like Rise. He shifted his sitting position, extending his left leg straight in from of him while bending his right putting his knee close to his chest.
Jack Haggard
Jack Haggard

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Thu May 17, 2012 2:22 am

Rise smiled at Jack and then looked back down at the lake. "I erm.. don't really have much fun.. if I am having fun, I'm just.. in my dorm.. or.. reading, or something.. It's not like I hang out often or anything, so I don't really do anything for 'fun' just kinda.. stay out of people's way.. that's a good thing to do.. sometimes I just go to random rooms on random floors, and sit there, so I don't bother anyone, I bring some books, and a cushion or something, and sit up against a wall and read.. or do homework, or.. ya know.. just, stay out of the way." She looked ashamed, and started to trace circles in the dirt with her pointer finger.

"I guess most of the time I just pretend I don't exist.. be a lot easier on everyone if I didn't.." she said with a soft sigh, knowing she sounded horrible, but just stating the truth. "My own family don't want me around so.. obviously there's something really wrong with me." She hit the ground with her fist, and sighed, looking down at the water and shaking her head slightly.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Haggard Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:42 am

"My own family don't want me around so.. obviously there's something really wrong with me." Said Rise.

"Humph" said Jack as he rested his head on his knee. "To me it sounds like there is something really wrong with them."
Jack studied his surroundings. He watched as wave would crash upon the shore of the lake/ "A family that isn't willing to accept their own flesh and blood." Said Jack in a somewhat serious tone. "Doesn't really sound like one worth being in." His smile stood strong even with the serious change in his usually nice tone. He stared at the lake intently a serious look in his eye.
Jack Haggard
Jack Haggard

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:35 am

Rise sighed and looked at Jack before turning away again. "Well.. they didn't mind me before.. of course I'm not exactly the most interesting person in the world.. so when I went missing they didn't even notice I'd gone!" She laughed softly and shrugged. "It's okay though.. I have a family that looks after me now, and they like me alright!" She smiled and then looked back down at the lake, her eyes clouding over.

Yeah. the Longbottom's liked her well enough, but there was only so long she could intrude upon their home.. and she knew she'd have to leave eventually.. even if she didn't want to.

"What about you Jack? What's your family like? They must be great I bet.." She said, putting her hands on her lap and staring down at them, blinking rapidly before she leaned back again and looked up at the lake, smiling, but her eyes were clouded over like she was thinking about something else.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Haggard Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:07 am

"What about you Jack? What's your family like? They must be great I bet.." She said.

Jack's serious tone and look faded away as he remembered his Mother and Father. "Yeah, my mom is pretty awesome and my dad was pretty awesome from what i can remember of him." Jack said as his smile grew wider and a few teeth started show. Jack turned his head and looked at Rise. "Sometimes i wish i could have gotten to know my Dad better. He wasn't you'r typical muggle" he said finishing with a lighthearted chuckle. He began to remember all the wonderful times he had had with his Father in the short time he had had him.
Jack Haggard
Jack Haggard

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Rise frowned when he spoke about his father. "So.. is he dead then?" She asked, a small crease appearing between her eyes as she frowned at Jack. "I would think that's easier to deal with though.. that's not something your parents can control ya know? They can't help it if they die.. nothing can help it if they die.. I'd rather my family die then what they did to me.." She shook her head hard, and curled in on herself. "Sounds like you have a great family though.. loving and kind.. probably why you are so nice.. even to people like me." She smiled slightly and then looked back at the lake, her frown returning.

"I wish my parents WERE dead... the world would be a happier place without them." She muttered darkly, her eyes looking as though they had turned yellow for a second before fading back to their natural color.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top