All good things must come to an end (but good things can start) - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

All good things must come to an end (but good things can start) - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

All good things must come to an end (but good things can start)

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All good things must come to an end (but good things can start) - Page 4 Empty Re: All good things must come to an end (but good things can start)

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:17 am

Initially, Jess' words caused Jack's spirits to sink and her eyebrows to knit together in worry, concern, and a little disgruntled surprise. Surely, Jess would not dangle something so obviously important in front of her, only to deny it to her. Especially when it was something that was of noble cause, or as noble as most Order members could think of- avenging the death of a loved one.

But he clarified and she relaxed, even allowing for a little indulgent smile. "Well, of course, I did not mean for you to make a promise for me." He amended the statement to be something he could promise and she nodded. "Very well. I can live with those terms."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

All good things must come to an end (but good things can start) - Page 4 Empty Re: All good things must come to an end (but good things can start)

Post by Jess Potter Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:13 am

Jess nodded, Jack seemed to understand what he meant, which was good. "Sorry if that sounded sorta deceptive. I've made that sort of promise before and had people be very, very upset when I couldn't follow through with them, I'm always careful with promises now," he explained, his eyes glazing over for a moment as he remembered some of those times.

Snapping back into their conversation Jess grinned for a moment, picking up his last wing and nibbling on it. "Burger good?" he asked idly
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:29 am

Jack nodded and finished off the last bite of her burger, relishing in the last of the meaty juices that burst in her mouth with the puncturing her canine teeth made into the meat. It had been cooked well and prepared just right, with the proper amount of ingredients to enhance the taste. She wiped her mouth and took a drink, finding she was reaching the bottom of the cup of soda, and she turned her attention to the last of her fries. She had certainly done a number on this meal.

Jess explained and said, "Ah, of course. Understandable." Though, it really was not. Jack's promises were typically kept- then again, she had very few people who asked anything of her. Jess asked about her meal and Jack stretched back, patting her stomach. "Well, it was." She laughed. "Yours?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:37 am

"Coming along fine," he replied with a chuckle, turning his attention to the last of his shrimp - the wings were gone, sadly enough, but the shrimp was devine. "Generally I don't eat seafood, but this just called to me," he explained, pointing at the food remaining on his plate.

He then shifted tone and relaxed a little bit more. "So tell me, what do you do in the Magical creatures department?" He asked. "Maybe not you in particular, I get that you're probably more administrative now, but what is the department's job at the moment? Protect? Breed? Exterminate? It seems to change policies every few years, I've noticed," he grinned, before chewing on the last piece of shrimp
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:07 am

Jack laughed at his comments on the food. Jack found that her practical thoughts typically strayed towards thoughts about food- what could she have for lunch, what would she make herself for dinner, what the staff lounge was in need of in the fridge. It made her feel so much better to consider all the food possibilities.

Jess asked about her department and she popped another fry into her mouth, swallowing it and sighing. Ahhh, so good. “Extermination, God no. I am about communication. For beasts, we work on keeping them protected from themselves an us. Beings like werewolves and vampires, we are trying to get people properly educated about them. We just try to make sure spirits don’t hurt each other. Or anyone else. It’s all case by case.”
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:43 am

Ah, so things were changing at the Ministry... how very interesting... he shouldn't have been been too surprised though, after all Jack did not seem the type of person who would actively allow the mistreatment of animals... quite the opposite really... it was why he supported her being in the position, she would be better at it than most other people.

"Well, I'm pleased to hear it. How do you handle the.. urr.. less educated beasts? You know, language barriers and the such?" He asked
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:56 am

Jack smirked- she loved when people asked questions about her work, because the answers were always very different from what people were expecting. She picked up another fry, closer to the last one with each devoured fry, and said, "Well-" she paused to take a deep drink out of her soda, the level of it decreasing and a slurping noise sounded. A waitress appeared and took the drink without question. "There's no language barrier so long as everyone is trained properly. Creatures are the easiest to understand. Watch their tails, their ears, the way they hold their heads. They don't lie to you like people."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Jess nodded, chuckling quietly to himself. "True, I suppose that when you get an answer, it's far more reliable than what you would get from a human," he conceded, his face and mannerisms giving every indication that a 'but' was coming. "But isn't it hard to get a reading sometimes? You know, when they're busy trying to eat you? I don't imagine it's all that easy to get a reading on what a Red Cap or Hinkypunk is trying to say to you," he stuck his tongue out at her momentarily.

"What is the Ministry's position on Vampires and Werewolves these days anyway?" He added, sipping on juice.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:46 am

Jack nodded as Jess conceded that a creature might be more honest than a human, before she addressed his question. "Depends on the person. An intern being charged by a creature might find it hard to get a reading if they don't know how to tell the signs, or if they panic. What is important to remember is that all you have in those situations is the fact that you can read them. You have to put that before running or fighting. If you do, there's no problem reading them."

He asked about werewolves and vampires. She said, "I can't give a Ministry-position because, like I said, I don't really work with the other branches. My campaign for them right now is an era of communication. We regulate them for their safety, but I want to start some work-placement programs and outreach initiatives to bridge the gap between the community and them."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:04 pm

Jess nodded as Jack outlined her own plans on the cross-breed issue. "Well, I definitely prefer your views on the matter to those of the a few years back. You were at school, but do you remember the war that took place between the Ministry and its bounty hunters, and Vampires and Werewolves?" he asked, grimacing as he looked back at his memories of the experience. All that had been just after he'd left Hogwarts, and it had been bloody. He definitely took pride in the Order's involvement in fighting for the Vampires and Werewolves.

"And how about Goblins," he added, hiding the smile he couldn't help but feel whenever he mentioned the bankers at Gringotts... they looked so funny in their little suits.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top