All good things must come to an end (but good things can start) - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

All good things must come to an end (but good things can start) - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

All good things must come to an end (but good things can start)

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All good things must come to an end (but good things can start) - Page 3 Empty Re: All good things must come to an end (but good things can start)

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:23 am

Jack shook her head. "We don't. I haven't even ever had a meeting with Robert. I was given the job via owl, with my congratulations and instructions there. I've met one of the Heads, but he's new and not at all political. I doubt he even knows Ne'Os' record." And it was true. In her department, there was a close web of communication, but Jack felt as if they were an entity separate from the Ministry rather than a within department of it. There was not a lot of cooperation and collaboration.

He said the Order would carry on their own agenda and she nodded. She had felt tension pulling the two apart. Obviously, this would complicate her own role in both, but she had a feeling that she could manage. She thought briefly of Khaat and Robert. They might have more complications...

"Good," Jack said. She poked a fry. "I'm about this close to going out and taking him out myself."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

All good things must come to an end (but good things can start) - Page 3 Empty Re: All good things must come to an end (but good things can start)

Post by Jess Potter Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:45 am

The state of things in the Ministry was a little concerning then, if that were the state of things. During his brief time in the Law Enforcement office while he took training, he'd worked closely with the HoD, and had been privvy to quite a bit of the information going about - back then he'd heard about the goings on about most of the major departments, nothing too in depth of course, but there was a level of cooperation throughout the entire Ministry. "That's quite disappointing to hear, they may need some help in the future if that's the case," he frowned, grabbing another wing and chewing on it thoughtfully.

"Anyway, I'm sure the Ministry wont argue against us hunting Ne'os down, he did commit murder, after all," he said, a smile appearing on his face as he thought about what he'd do if problems were caused by his capturing Ne'os.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:49 am

Jack nodded at his words, but had nothing to say, really. On one hand, she hated that she was connected to a network and yet recieved no benefits from the other branches. On the other hand, it was nice to be able to focus on her own work and not be held responsible by sectors of the Ministry that did not understand how she and her staff functioned most efficiently. It was a mixed blessing, she knew, but she did not feel it relevant to voice this all to Jess.

"Good," she said, however, regarding Ne'Os. "The sooner the better." She ached to see him on trial, and she felt that finally, FINALLY, Elliot's murder might be brought to light.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:04 am

Jess blinked once then cocked his head. "Why?" He asked, leaving it quite simple for a moment before realising exactly how vague that question was. "Why do you want him dead so bad? Why do you hate him so?" He asked.

Clearly something had happened to her, more likely than not it was something illegal, hence her the evident justification she was placing on her distrust for him.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:16 am

"I don't want him dead," Jack said slowly, for it was a battle she fought often. She had long decided she would be a creature of creation, not destruction. To even out the wrongs of Vito. However, her emotions toward Ne'Os seemed so decided and set against him that it was hard for her to say she would be fine to let him continue on living. She stared at her food, pushing fries aside to look for a crunchy one, trying to brace herself for this conversation.

"He killed my cousin. Who was pretty much the last family I had," she popped a fry in her mouth and chewed it, looking at Jess with set eyes that revealed no pain. That was gone. As far as everyone else knew.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Jess allowed a veil of silence to sit between them for a few seconds, spearing on of his own pieces of shrimp on his fork and popping it into his mouth, chewing into the calm of the scene. "I'm sorry to hear that," he finally said, a genuine feeling of guilt cropping up in him. "I had no idea, else I would've saved... sorry," he said, looking her directly in the eyes as he spoke.

'The meetings between the two factions must have been hell for her,' he was quietly thinking to himself. Fair enough if they were too. Still, he'd not known, and she'd not made any moves to tell him, so she must have had a fair wrap on things... he applauded that in a person, the ability to repress.

"He will be brought to justice, in one form or another," he assured her, resisting the urge to reach over and pat her on the arm - sympathy was a sign of weakness, and he felt very weak at that moment
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Jack knew that Jess was a little thrown out of sorts, and she could not blame him. Few people knew who Elliot had been in the first place- he had been in the Order, but she doubted people had remembered him. His gambling problem had dominated his life, even he tried to convince Jack otherwise. The only others who knew were those who had found her on her seventeenth birthday- the day she had found out Elliot had been murdered.

"No need to be sorry," she responded. "Sorry doesn't do much anymore, I've realized." She could be sorry all she wanted for the victims of Vito, the victims she felt responsible for, but being sorry did absolutely nothing. She could be sorry for people she heard of as victims of fate, but what could she have done, having not known what would happen? No, Jack had learned very well that sorry was a very useless feeling.

“I don’t know that I believe justice exists anymore,” she said quietly, eating another fry, as though this were a casual conversation. “I just want him to know that I know, and that I am not intending on letting him get away with it.”
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:05 am

It was sad when people reached that mindset, though it was one he himself had shared once or twice, particularly during the darker days of Grindelwald's reign. Much of the time though he felt that it came down to him, he tried his best to fight for what he believed was right, particularly in the Order, but when he failed he often felt like he was letting everyone down. The problem with holding a position of power, he supposed.

"Well, i think that if we can capture him, or kill him, justice in some form will have been done, he will answer for his crimes, and he will suffer for them," he told her, chewing on his shrimp for a moment longer. "And if you want, I can make sure that when we pin him down, you're there with us."
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:15 am

Jess seemed to be careful with her, as though he were carefully navigating uncharted waters and any wrong movement could very well sink him, make or break him. She took advantage of the moment of indecision in her lunch partner to look down at her own meal. She picked up her hamburger and took a bite out of it, chewing. Chew one, two, three, four, five, swallow. She washed it down with a gulp of her soda. Eventually, she would finish her meal.

Jess' words, however, forced her attention away from her meal and back to Jess. Her chin raised and her eyes met his. A brief glint flashed across her eyes, one so used to disappointment, that it knew it was risky to even show itself. She needed to be there when Ne'Os was brought in. She needed to be the one that bound him. "Can you make that a promise?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:04 am

Jess was looking at Jack when for a second, less than, even, he thought he saw a change in her, from a carefully guarded sort of person, to an extremely interested, nay, hopeful person. "I can't promise that you'll be there, no," he replied, carefully selecting his words. "Because that comes down to you. I don't make promises that I don't have the means to keep," he explained.

He'd always hated it when people made promises that had nothing to do with them, slight pet peeve, he supposed, but he always made note to avoid it himself.

"However," he continued, "I can promise you that I will be in contact with you when I know where he is, and before we make any actions against him," he nodded
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top