More personal announcements
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

More personal announcements Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

More personal announcements

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More personal announcements Empty More personal announcements

Post by Jess Potter Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Hey guys. I'm not one for padding so i'm just gonna cut to the beef.

As i'm sure most of you have noticed, over the past fortnight or so i've been inactive due to a computer problem, and the fact that i was on camp all last week. While i was away i made a decision. If by the time i got back my computer wasn't working, i'd make a decision. Effective as of now, i am resigning from my position as head admin, at least until i can have steady access to a computer. In my absemce i'm appointint Khaat to the position. Upon my return i'll discuss what'll happen next with her.

I apologise to all of you for the timing - the plot is coming to a close, the money system has only just been relaunched, and Hogwarts reopened. These are all things i've worked hard to set up for you all, but unfortunately wont be able to see through myself. I'm certain my absence will have some sort of effect on these endeavours, so i am sorry.

Of course this isn't goodbye, so to speak, i will be back, but i know when to make the right decision for the good of the board.

But now i make a request to you. PA's activity on the whole has been rather low of late. I ask that each of you do your part to remedy this. Being active is the biggest help you can give the admin team, both logistically and in terms of morale. If you're able to be online, be online, if you've no topics to reply to, make more, or join more. Even if your characters aren't in factions, they can still be active.
The admin team is now running on a skeleton staff - trust me when i say that they need your cooperation, else this - all of this - the site we love, will not survive.

I love you all, and i eagerly await my return (which one way or another shouldn't be too far away.)

Stay safe, stay active and i'll see you all soon Wink
Jess.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

More personal announcements Empty Re: More personal announcements

Post by Rose Granger-Weasley Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:19 pm

-gasps- Nuuu! T-T

Why do these things happen now?! So basically Khaat is going to run the site as head admin by herself for a while? That's gotta be a lot of pressure...

I'll be sure to do my part in keeping the site alive as will everyone else, I'm sure, so don't worry Jess! The site will be alive and well by the time you come back!!
Rose Granger-Weasley
Rose Granger-Weasley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 570

http://simplekhroleplay.guildmmorpg.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:14 pm

I never like that word; resigning. It rarely means anything good.

You know that if you need my help with anything site related or non site related I'm willing to help as best as I can.

I hope you get a computer that lasts longer than a few months this time!

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:43 pm

Eli and I will certainly do our best to keep things straight, Jess, and I anxiously look forward to having you back--really, really soon!! And I already know that everyone here will do their best to keep posting active and to keep the site moving forward.

After all, its why we're all here!
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22692
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:15 pm

My play is coming to a close, and my activity will be up. I understand, Jess, I do. We're all here to keep the site up.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:16 pm

hey all, just touching base on where i stand right now.

First off, i'm not back yet

but i am on my way - computer went off to the repair office a week ago, so according to them it'll be back next week..

So the week after next (if i'm lucky) i should have it back

i'm not sure what's been going on in my absense, but i do have a few notes.

Money system: it's your responsibility to report your own earnings, not that of the admins to figure out where your character works, please help khaat and the others by doing this for them. Please also be easy on them, as it was my system, and i dropped off before i could properly demonstrate it

yeah... Sorry for that

know that i miss you all, i can't wait to be back guys. I've seen what's been going on, i hope you all look forward to the new plot, i thought it was a pretty cool idea

and finally i hope i don't get sacked, but if i do, know that there were fair reasons behind it, being an admin is a privelge, not a right, as i've always said, and i stick by that.

Other than that, i think that's all i have to say. If you need to contact me, please go via facebook, it's a lot easier to access on my phone...

Missing you all dearly Smile

jess

P.S. A big sorry to you all, especially my fellow admins. I hope you all took my advice to heart and are being active members! Jess.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:19 pm

I should probably move this to comings and goings....
but i'm not going to Smile

This should. quite hopefully, be my final update for you guys.
I have got my computer back! Yay.

Now all I need is a good bout of internet and I'll be back on track!
That should be coming today, we called our telco last night and they said they "Didn't know why our internet had been shut off..."

stupid telco...

so I'll be back tonight, hopefully... I'd be back now, but the waiting time is SERIOUSLY ridiculous right now. It's at that "Enters PA's address, walks into kitchen, cooks toast, butters toast, walks back into loungeroom, Oh look... the banner is nearly loaded... if only the rest of the site would load too."

So yeah.
see you tonight!!
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:05 pm

Welcome back, Jessy!

k.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22692
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Welcome back! Glad to have ya back Jess!!

~Hit
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:55 am

welcome back Jess glad to have you back!
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top