this day can't get any worse, can it?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

this day can't get any worse, can it? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

this day can't get any worse, can it?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

this day can't get any worse, can it? Empty this day can't get any worse, can it?

Post by Ryo Hiroku Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Every day there was always something that went wrong. It wasn't just bad luck that it always happened to him. No, if it was only bad luck then it wouldn't happen all the time, it would only have happened once or twice. But if it happened all the time, then there was something wrong. No one could have luck as bad as that. The entire week, he'd had too many close calls. Somehow, someone always got close to knowing that he was a vampire. If it was because of Sayuri or because of Sarah, he didn't know. All he knew was that someone always got close to knowing hos secret because someone was telling them something that indicated that he wasn't human.

Today had been a really close call. Sayuri was sad or angry, whatever, about something. One of her dumb little friends had been consoling her and as soon as she saw him walk into the common room, she had been set off by him apparently. Sayuri had immediately jumped up away from her friend and screamed at him. As soon as her screams started, he had frozen in his tracks. The first thing that had ran through his mind was, what did I just get myself into? His sister was furious about something, and he had no idea what she was so mad about.

"It's all your fault!"

"What'd I do now, Sayuri?"

"It's all your fault! He thinks I'm a freak!"

"I hate you! It's your fault I'm a-"

"Shut up! Say one more word and I'll kill you, I promise!"

He hadn't wanted to say that to her, but he'd just said the first thing that came into his mind. He didn't regret it though, that would teach her to say stupid things in front of others when she knew full well that he didn't want others knowing what he was. She was a stupid go who threw tantrums over the smallest things, and he was sick of it. She needed to learn that everything wasn't about her, not at school. Sayuri had stared at him wide-eyed after he said that and he'd run out of the common room before she could say anything else. He ran to the only place where he knew or at least he hoped, he would be bothered. Ryo didn't understand why, if he didn't regret saying what is said to his sister, he now had tears glistening in his eyes, threatening to fall.

Why? Why did everything happen to him?
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 994
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

this day can't get any worse, can it? Empty Re: this day can't get any worse, can it?

Post by Leslie Darling Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:39 am

Things weren't going good for Leslie at all, when she thought things couldn't get any worse they did and honestly Leslie couldn't take it anymore. Leslie wished that she had her mother around to talk to for just talking to her brothers was just weird and strange. Although Leslie didn't know her mother cause she died when Leslie was very little she still remembered her some. At the moment Leslie just wanted to get away from her problems and escape. She thought about the Astronomy tower but she knew almost everyone went there so she decided against it. Deciding to go to the clock tower Leslie ran there not caring if she missed dinner for she wasn't really hungry anyways.

At times Leslie hated her life, for she was sometimes made fun of by the girls for she didn't have a mother and she was raised by all boys. Leslie hated how they made fun of her for they way she dressed at times for she really didn't have much fashion sense for there was never a girl in the house to teach her what to like. She knew other had it worse then her, but right now Leslie felt like breaking down. She knew it was stupid to break down over so small but she was tired of being picked on because of what she wore or that she didn't have a mother. As she reached the clock tower she stopped in her tracks as she seen a boy there who looked worse then she did. "Um... sorry, I didn't think anyone would be here, I'll just leave you alone."said Leslie softly. He looked like he had it WAY bad then she did by the looks of it it made her problems with her life seem small.

Leslie Darling
Leslie Darling
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

this day can't get any worse, can it? Empty Re: this day can't get any worse, can it?

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:14 pm

It hadn't been his fault. No matter how much she blamed him, Sayuri had brought that upon herself. It wasn't his fault that his father had turned him into a vampire. He was nine, for merlin's sake! How was he supposed to defend himself without hurting his father, the person he loved so much? There was just no way he could've done any harm to his father, no matter what he was doing to him. Her being turned into a vampire as well wasn't completely his fault either. Sure he had been the one who turned her, but she had forced him too. Sayuri only teased him about being one and she always defended their father for his attack on him. Their fight had gotten to the point where he couldn't take her insults and his hatred for his father was shifted to his sister, so it was her fault that she was what she was now, not his.

He wasn't ever going to apologize for something that wasn't his fault, just as she was never going to apologize for all her taunting and teasing. He wished that his mother was still with him, she would always defend him from his sister's insults. He missed her and he wished he knew where she was so he could save her. Unlike everyone else in his family, he still hadn't given up his hopes that his mother was alive, and he would never give up until he found something was stated otherwise to him. Right now because he was at Hogwarts, he couldn't do anything to find his mother, but once he graduated he would look for her, or any signs of her. He wasn't going to give up, ever and he would find her, he knew he would, whether it was dead or alive, he would find his mother.

The overwhelming thoughts of his mother caused the tears in his eyes to finally fall. The boy hadn't thought about his mother in a while and he'd been so happy during that brief time, happy like she'd always told him to be, and now because of his sister that empty happiness he felt was gone. It was replaced by what had originally been there, the emptiness of not having his mother with him. Ryo tilted his head downward and stared at the ground outside the window in the Tower. He sighed and heard the door open. A girl probably a year younger than him walked in, and he blinked for a moment, staring at her with gray tear filled eyes. "Wait. You don't have to go. Don't worry about me being here." he said softly, looking down at the floor now.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Leslie Darling Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Leslie looked at the boy at the boy and nodded but as she seen tears in his eyes she looked at him with worry in her eyes. "Are you ok?" Leslie asked him softly knowing that was a stupid question seeing how he had tears in his eyes. Leslie started to realize just by looking at this boy her problem to be small compared to his problem. It looked like the boy were carrying the world on his shoulder which Leslie couldn't help not to feel bad for him. Looking at him closely she noticed that she seen him around school and alot of people called him a freak which she didn't know why.

Of course he was pale and he did walk quicker then the rest of them but that didn't mean he was a freak cause of it. Putting two and two together she figured out what he was and simply understood why he was probably here. "I know you probably heard this a thousand of times, but you can't change who you are and what you are you can only accept and become who you really are."said Leslie softly. "It's a quote my mother always used to tell me before she died."said Leslie softly as she held back tears. Leslie might not remembered her mother that much cause she died when she was really young but she remembered she was wise.

Leslie knew that the boy probably didn't want her lesuring him but Leslie was here to help him feel better if she could. That was one thing about Leslie she was always willing to lend out a hand and help others when she needed help herself. Leslie was always putting others head of herself for that was the way she was taught. Even if they say they don't need any help and pushed her away Leslie still tred to help them cause they probably needed it more then she did.

Leslie Darling
Leslie Darling
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:34 am

He needed her, her advice, even her warmth. He missed it and he missed her. Spending almost six years without a mother who was always there for you and was always nice to you was hard. For some it was harder than others. Like for him, he needed his mother she was the only one who gave him the comfort he needed. His political aunt, Yuki couldn't give him what he needed although she helped him a lot when he needed it. For that whenever his uncle wanted to turn her into a vampire like the rest of them, he always stood up for her and fought his uncle and sister. He'd always liked his aunt as a human better than a vampire maybe because he'd always wanted to go back to being a human like her.

The Hufflepuff continued to look down at the floor as she asked if he was okay. "Yeah, I'm... I'm fine." he said softly, running his sleeve across his eyes to dry them. As she told him a quote her mother had apparently told jer before, he gave a soft scoff mixed with a sigh, realizing she figured out what he was. "That's easy for you to say. You don't have to deal with being what I am." he said. "I don't like being this, being called a monster, having others be afraid of me because of it... Always having stupid fights with my stupid sister." he said softly as he sank down to the floor, his hands covering his face as he bit down hard on his lip. Somehow she always came into the conversation and made him sadder than he already was. But it was true if he wasn't a vampire he wouldn't have to fight with Sayuri all the time and maybe they would still be close like before he was turned, even if she did take attention away from him.

Soon he burried his head in his arms that were held up by his legs now. Even though he would never admit it to her, Sayuri was a big part of his life. Annoying as she was, he would never be able to live without her. Sayuri was the only person from his actual family that he had left. Now they had practically been adopted by their uncle but even though he loved him and everything, he wouldn't allow him to adopt them officially, not until he knew that his mother was dead. Until then he wouldn't give up the hope he had that she was alive and no one would take that hope away.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Leslie Darling Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:05 pm

Leslie looked at him and nodded. "That's true very true, but it's like my older friend Sophia said she doesn't care if people call her a bloodsucker or a monster it just makes her stronger."said Leslie softly. "Your unique don't let other tell you different because of who and what you are."said Leslie softly. "Besides, I have nothing against vampires I think you guys are the same as everyone else and you needed to be treated the same."said Leslie softly. "I may not have to go what you go through, but I do get made fun of because of how I dress and I don't have a mother."said Leslie softly.

"It does hurt to be called names that means you don't know or remember who your mother is."said Leslie softly. "I know you have it way worse then me, but look on the bright side there's some advantages of being a vampire."said Leslie softly. "You stronger and faster then us and not to mention you heal faster then us and your eyes changes colors due to your mood."said Leslie softly. "I mean come on, you have to admit some of that is cool!"said Leslie. "At lease I think it is, I'm always jealous of Sophia cause of those things."said Leslie honestly.

"So is everyone in your family a vampire?"Leslie asked him softly. "Oh sorry that was nosey I shouldn't had asked that."said Leslie softly. Leslie knew there was alot of families that turned against their on sons because they became a werewolf or vampire. Which Leslie thought was stupid for they weren't any different that different from what they used to be. It made Leslie mad when people judge other on who and what they were. That was the way it was now days, people dating others because of their looks or people judging others because of what they looked like or who they were.
Leslie Darling
Leslie Darling
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:10 am

"I know what Sophia says. But I'm not like her. Those things make her stronger but she never fought with her sister all the time because she was the one who turned her. My sister practically hates me because I turned her into one, but she brought it on herself and now she can deal with it." he said angrily, his eyes turning red. "On top of that I have to go through the day being teased about that too. My father is dead and everyone thinks my mother is dead too, it's been almost six years since I saw her. And everyone calls me names and teased me because I'm supposedly an orphan." he added looking down at the floor.

Ryo shook his head at the girl. "There might be advantages, but that doesn't mean I like them. I don't like being stronger than others or being able to walk faster, I don't like healing faster or the fact my eyes change colors with my emotions. It just gives everyone more reasons to call me a freak and a monster." he said. "I just hate being a vampire. I hate having to be inside on a sunny day, having to drink blood all the time, I miss being human." he added sadly.

In him anger and sorrow were almost the only emotions that were there. Only a few times happiness had been there, and those times the happiness was taken away so quickly he couldn't even really know what happiness felt like. Sorrow and anger followed him everywhere and he doubted it would ever go away. "Don't worry about it." he still didn't look at the girl. "Not everyone is a vampire, my mother was- isn't but my father and uncle are. My father was actually the one who turned me into a vampire." Ryo said softly, staring at the ground with blood red eyes that showed his anger and hatred toward his father. He still didn't know how Sayuri could defend him all the time, when it was mostly his fault that she was a vampire too.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Leslie Darling Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:49 am

Leslie nodded. "Well... if she wanted to become a vampire it's no one fault but her owns not yours!"said Leslie softly. "You can't blame ourself for her own doing it's only going to drag you down and make you feel bad."said Leslie softly. "Don't let it get you, your a vampire so what it doesn't mean your still not human on the inside."said Leslie softly. "You still have thought and feelings like us humans do so your not completely dead."said Leslie. "As much as people say your a bloodsucker monster your not, because you still have some human inside you so use it."said Leslie.

Leslie looked at him and shook her head. "Why does it matter what other people think about you? It's what you think about yourself matters!"said Leslie softly. "If you think your a freak and a monster then other people will think it to."said Leslie. As he said he missed being human Leslie sat down beside him. "Your probably not the only one, I bet there tons of vampires who wished they were human."said Leslie softly. "But you can't change time."said Leslie. "Well... you can, but time isn't a thing that should be messed with."said Leslie softly but seriously.

Leslie nodded understanding how he felt some. "I know how you feel about the teasing mother part, I get teased because my mother died at a young age and I don't remember her much."said Leslie softly. "That what brought me here, I ran away crying cause they were teasing me."said Leslie. "They don't do it when my brother James is around only when I'm alone."said Leslie sighing. "Oh I'm Leslie, Leslie Darling."said Leslie introducing herself.

Leslie Darling
Leslie Darling
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:09 am

"That's just it... She didn't want to become a vampire! I turned her into one because I got mad at her for protecting our father and calling me stupid for letting myself be turned by him!" he began to raise his voice. His tears spilled out of his eyes and rolled down his cheeks as he cried with little sound. His head was burried in his legs and he was shaking uncontrollably. With his crying and his hands covering his ears, the Hufflepuff barely heard what the girl told him afterwards and he didn't even try to make her repeat what she'also said. Besides she wouldn't get how he felt. She wasn't a vampire, she didn't have to worry about always being cold or not having a beating heart. There were plenty of things that vampires had to go through that didn't even occur to humans.

The boy pressed his hands onto his ears harder and shut his eyes hard. No matter what she said, it wouldn't change anything for him. Even when he was optimistic about everything, all the other students called him a freak and they called him names. All those names echoed in his head and no matter how much he tried to push them away, they were always there. Even though he never admitted it, these names being heard over and over in his head, was mostly what kept him up at night, not just the fact that he was a vampire. He lived his life in terror because he thought he would hear those names again. Those other kids even made up a song about him that they sang everyday, mocking him because he was different.

Ryo, Ryo
Ryo came from hell
Formed from the anger and hate of everyone
That's why he hates us all, wants us to die
Maybe then he can help the demons take over
We don't want him here
Go back to hell you filthy demon
See his teeth?
They're sharper than everyone else's
That proves he's not human
What are you a vampire?
Be gone evil vampire, leave now
Or I'll stab you with a wooden stake

Who knew little kids had such a vocabulary? Everytime he did something, like walk into the school, they would start to sing that song. They would poke and push him, even pull at his fangs because they seemed weird to them. Some of what that song said was true though. There had been a brief period in his life where he would walk around, as if he were a demon and he wanted them all to die. Everyone who called him names or poked and pushed him, pulled at his fangs, all of them he wanted them gone. Ryo wouldn't be able to take much more of that if it didn't stop. But of course no one cared about what he wanted, everyone kept going with their hullying and because his mother hadn't wanted him to do something rash and stupid, she'd kept him inside his room for a few days until he got over his wanted all those students dead. Even though it seemed like he has gotten over it, it was always there... The hatred was too large to just go away like that.

Hearing the song again made him come back to the present from his terrible childhood. His eyes flew open and he lookes around as if expecting those kids to come out and start harassing him. He came back completely just in time to hear her name. He stared blankly at her for a moment as if he hadn't noticed she was there the entire time, before shaking his head. He put his head on his arm that was being held up by his legs and sighed. "My name's Ryo Hiroku." he told her softly, his voice a bit muffled but not enough for her not to understand what he was saying.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Leslie Darling Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:33 am

Leslie siged for there seemed to be no way to charm up this boy no matter what she did, he always found a way to drag himself down. Leslie didn't get why he hated being a vampire so much, it wasn't like he could change who he was or anything. Of course she might not get it but there was alot of people who was way worse then he is. Leslie thought he should be grateful that he's alive and he's not force to be something horrible like other people have to. Leslie knew it could be worse for him, heck it could be worse for anyone really but some people had it worse then him.

As he introduce himself she nodded. "Nice to meet you Ryo."said Leslie softly as she looked him softly before sighing to herself. "Listen Ryo, there's alot of people who have it worse then you do so you should feel lucky."said Leslie softly. "Think about it, at lease your not a werewolf and don't have to go through a painful transformation every full moon if you don't take a potion."said Leslie softly. "Ok... maybe you have to drink human blood, but is that really as bad as going through a painful transformation?"Leslie asked him softly. "You have it good compared to some people around here."said Leslie softly.

"I may not know how you feel, but just think about the other people who have it worse then you."said Leslie softly. "I'll leave you alone to think about that."said Leslie softly as she gotten up from her spot and headed towards the door. She hoped he thought about it and realized that he had it good compared to some people around here. Leslie wasn't trying to tell him off oh no not at all, she was just trying to help him and cheer him up. She knew life can be hard but her brother and father and many others told her there was alot of people who had it worse then she did.
Leslie Darling
Leslie Darling
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top