First to Fifth Year
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

First to Fifth Year Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

First to Fifth Year

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First to Fifth Year Empty First to Fifth Year

Post by Lycos Wolfen Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Lycos stood in his classroom, waiting for his Basic class. He was visibly pale. His eyes looked strained. It wasn't easy being a werewolf. Especially when you had forgotten to take a certain Wolfsbane Potion. He sat down, feeling weak suddenly. He breathed in deeply. He got out his lesson plan and made sure he had everything ready. He checked and double checked. Everyhting was going to plan. When he heard the feet of students thundering towards him and his classroom, he stood up in front of his desk. The students came in for their Transfiguration lesson...

"Good morning Everyone" he checked his watch just in case "Sorry, good afternoon. I hope you are well fed from lunch. It was superb. Well, what I had was. Now, welcome to Transfiguration. This is the most dangerous magic you will learn here at Hogwarts. If I find that any one of you has been messing around in this class and messing with the dangerous magic in this room, you will leave this room and not come back. I will be most displeased if a student from my own house crosses that simple line." He gave each Hufflepuff a lookthat basically said 'Behave' "Now, onto the magic of Transfiguration. We will start very small. A simple matchstick into a needle. But first, I would like to show you what Transfiguration can do at it's best." He got his wand from his pocket and pointed it at his desk. A flash of light and it had become a pair of glasses. He turned it back to a desk. He pointed his wand at the ceiling and it became a large eagle. He turned it back before it could fly away. He then finally pointed the wand at himself. A flash of light and he had a long white beard and longer white hair. His eyes were blue instead of brown and his nose was crooked. He turned himself back. "You see? Now, the incantation required is Argentus Lithium. Off you go!" He walked around as the students tried to change their matchsticks. Some failed, miserably. One student's matchstick blew up and sent silver sparks flying around. Only until Lycos had carefully Transfigured them into wisps of smoke did he let the students back in. The rest of the lesson passed nicely without too many accidents. Unfortuneately, no student was able to Transfigure their match. He hadn't expected them to. They were only young. "Now, I hate to say it but... homework. I want you to create for me a presentation about Transfiguration. It can be made by any means. Just show me what you know. You may get things from books etcetera. But give credit! Have a nice day. Class dismissed." He watched the students file out of his classroom. He smiled...

Last edited by Lycos Wolfen on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lycos Wolfen
Lycos Wolfen

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

First to Fifth Year Empty Re: First to Fifth Year

Post by Samuel Grigori Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 am

((Sorry, hate to be a bother ((it's jess btw)) but we don't operate our classes with individual years, instead separating them into the senior and junior schools (NEWT and Basic) so if you wanna rename your topic and edit the class, that'd probably be a good move. You're also welcome to try and have a single class for NEWTs and basics, just to test the waters for how activity will go))
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycos Wolfen Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I will do that now.
Lycos Wolfen
Lycos Wolfen

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Weasley Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:43 am

Fred had walked into the classroom along with a large group of other students, many of whom were older and taller than him, excited for his first Transfiguration class. He would've tat least attempted to socialize, but he didn't get the chance-the class was started almost immediatly. So Fred hastily took a seat and listened attentively to the professor. He grinned excitedly at the impressive display of magic the porfessor put on, quite looking foreward to being able to do that himself. However, all he was told to do for that lesson was turn a match into a needle-not nearly as entertaining. But he quickly did as he had been bidden, though with out much success.
By the end of the lesson, after a good twenty times of waving his wand and saying, "Argentus Lithium," he had accomplished more than a lot of those around him-at least his had gotten his to be a little more pointy, and it had a silverish tint. However, he was rather disapointed that he hadn't perfected it, and resolved to do that as well as the homework that evening. Soon he was being dismissed. Surprised at how quickly the class had passed, Fred hurreidly gathered up his books and left with the rest of the students.
Fred Weasley
Fred Weasley

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top