Fudge, Family, and Firelight - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Fudge, Family, and Firelight - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Fudge, Family, and Firelight

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fudge, Family, and Firelight - Page 2 Empty Re: Fudge, Family, and Firelight

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:22 pm

"They're in the safehouse with my parents," Khaat said. "That's the nice thing for my father about exile. He gets to spend part of his time sitting back and being a grandpa. When he was here, he worked 2 fulltime jobs instead of retirement. He was the Minister of Magid and also the Chief of Staff at St. Mungos."

"Yeah, well, you worked 3 jobs," Brian said to her. "You were the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, the Director of St. Mungos and then you ran your bistro. You were very, very busy. Too busy, really. Its good to see you stepping back from some of that."

"He's a bit protective," Khaat looked over at Sabe, laughing. She glanced at the clock. "Let's see--its just breakfast time in the safehouse. Anybody feel like a short portkey to the safehouse and then we can come back?"

"Now?" Michael frowned. "I just got my tea."

"You," she kissed her godfather's forehead lovingly, "will get over it. Besides, when have you ever turned down Angus's cooking?"

He sighed, looking up at her. "Why is it that I can resist anyone but you?"

"Because she has you fully twisted around her little finger, whenever that happened," Brian laughed.

"Um, that was the night she was born and the first time I saw her. She was in her father's arms and Remus was puttiing that necklace around her neck," Michael said. "I was hooked for life." She laughed. "Alright," Michael said. "We can take a short detour but I daresay we cannot be long because we don't want Grindlewald to miss the lad or me either one. That could be disasterous to everything."

"Wait...first, let me see...." She flicked her wand in Sabe's direction and then laid his hand on his forehead again and then laughed, truly amused. "It seems that Grindlewald's lackies are incompetent. They did not take away my powers to turn off the magical tracing spell. You are now free to go with me to the safehouse without the ministry knowing, Sabe. Incompetent lot our evil wizard seems to have hired. Are you in the mood to see where Brian and I are living right now?"

Brian drew an old iron skeleton key out of his pocket that had a heart wrought into the top of it. "I presume we're coming back here?" he asked.

"We'd better," Michael said. "The furniture would not forgive me if we neglected them. What do you say, Sabe? In the mood for a short hop?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22669
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:36 pm

Khaat answered his question mildly, "They're in the safehouse with my parents."

He was glad; Khaat did not seem the least bit uneasy. That would have destroyed his mood. It occurred to him that seeing Khaat sad was the last thing he wanted.

As the adults started to venture into other areas, accompanied with several warm remarks at one another, Sabriel returned his attention to his new-found sisters and brothers. The boy acquired a seat beside Tremaine's armchair, on the floor. His silver eyes refocused on the album. Equally silvery hair fell messily across his shoulders. He coughed lightly.

Sabriel heard the word 'disastrously' and tuned in. It was not even several moments later. What? What would be disastrous? He did not ask for an explanation, but what Khaat did next gave him a hunch.

The woman placed a cool, elegant hand across his forehead. He inhaled the scent of cinnamon. In speaking of cinnamon, the scones were almost depleted. Shame, really. They were wonderful.

Was his mind wandering? It seemed several minutes later that Khaat gave a laugh. "It seems that Grindlewald's lackies are incompetent; they did not take away my powers to turn off the magical tracing spell. You are now free to go with me to the Safehouse without the ministry knowing, Sabe. Incompetent lot our evil wizard seems to have hired. Are you in the mood to see where Brian and I are living right now?"

Magical tracing spell? Sabriel supposed it made sense. "Oh! Thank you," he said. The words came out slightly muddled -- he was still actively sucking on his lollipop. "I would love to see. Is your father going to be there?" Was that a stupid question? Sabriel did not know. It certainly seemed stupid now that it left his mouth.
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:33 am

"So far as I know," Khaat replied, "Unless he and my mother have gone on a walk. Which I doubt. There are enough children to keep them both quite busy. Michael, you have ten pounds of Honeydukes fudge. You do intend on handing a bit of that over to my father, don't you?"

"Should I?" he teased.

"I'll help myself," she said, picking up two one pound tins. He just laughed.

"See? Gets away with whatever she wants," Michael said to Sabe, smiling. "Oh alright, we'll go. Robert is still using those blasted oversized keys, is he?"

"He thinks its better than Khaat's favorite portkeys," Brian nodded.

"Khaat makes portkeys out of stray socks," Michael laughed.

"They should be useful for something," she shrugged.

"How do you tell them apart?" Michael asked.

"I don't," Brian said. "I just pack a whole great lot of them and keep trying them until I end up where I want to go."

"I know where each one goes to," Khaat said.

"That's true. Even when they look identical. Somehow she still knows. Alright, everyone, grab hold of either the key or each other." Khaat simply locked arms with Brian and reached out for Sabe.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:52 am

Sabriel took Khaat's hand. A portkey! He had 'Portkeyed' before, but he was so young, he had no recollection of it at all. When he and his father went to watch the Quidditch World Cups, they used other means of travel. Still, he knew the experience was not going to be pleasant; all other types of teleportation were unpleasant to him. Foo powder. Apparation. Now, they were about to use a Portkey!

He gripped Khaat's fingers a little tighter. The change did not come right away. For a moment, the child wondered if Khaat's special socks were faulty somehow. However, he soon felt a very unpleasant tug just behind his navel. It was as if a sharp hook had buried itself deep into his flesh. Sabriel gave a low sound of fright before he was literally jerked off his feet and into some void.

The world twisted and compressed. He almost suffocated. The experience was over almost as soon as it began, but for Sabriel it felt like years. He landed on the floor, dizzy. Certainly disoriented. He wondered if he would vomit, but the feeling soon passed. He blinked rapidly to clear the smudges and stars from his eyes. He searched for Khaat, and she was still right next to him.

"Did we make it?" he inquired, getting to his feet.
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 am

"Yes," she said, reassuringly. She looked at the brilliant sunshine and smiled. It was morning here. She listened to the sound of the ocean waves and smelled the scent of the tropical breezes drifting through the air. "Sabe," she said, "You're going to really like it here. Its wonderful. We're out of all that cold weather and into the warm island breezes. Welcome to our safehouse."

She gestured to the compound of three 5-star luxury beach houses that surrounded a beautiful pool in the center courtyard that had palm trees and exotic flowers. Not far from the house was a huge garage that held a whole pool of muggle vehicles. And only steps away was a beautiful tropical sandy beach. the houses had slid their walls open to make the houses completely open to the warm breezes. It was the sort of thing that a muggle would have expected one of their celebrities to own. That wasn't the reason her father had purchased it. He had bought it for the protection of his family.

Khaat could hear the chatter of the toddlers in the main house. So they were up. Then she began to smell, what to her, was the seductively warm aroma of fresh dark roast coffee being brewed. Then she smelled bacon and Angus's fresh scones. She was judging they were coconut and macadamia today.

"Come on in and meet the family," Khaat invited. "Are you steady on your feet yet? You actually did very well. Most people who are new at portkeying have more difficulty than you did. You're a natural. This way to the main house. The other two houses are for friends, staff, bodyguards, guests, and the like." She led the way into the house, with Brian and Michael following Khaat and Sabe.

Khaat saw five high chairs at the table and her two older daughters eating happily and talking to their grandparents. The 4 month old triplets were being fed patiently by Khaat's parents.

"You're back sooner than I expected," her father said to them. He was dressed simply in jeans and a plain white cotton shirt. "And you must be Sabe. Khaat's told us all about you. Welcome. I'm Robert, and this is Khaat's mother, Katherine,"

"Kate," Khaat's mother corrected quickly. "Nice to meet you, Sabe. Make yourself at home. As soon as we finish with this rowdy lot, we'll eat. Angus will take them off our hands for a few moments. Angus," she called, "They're back! Set four more places, please."

"What's for breakfast?" Brian asked.

"Eggs Benedict, fresh fruit salad, and, of course scones with Angus's homemade marmalade," Kate replied.

"Coffee or tea?" Angus called back, as he sent four more place settings into the room to the dining table. The place settings set themselves up in proper form at the table, thanks to Angus's spell.

"We'll have coffee," Brian told Kate.

"And I'll have tea," Michael said. "What's the blend today?"

"Passion Fruit and Almond," Robert said.

"Sounds good to me," Michael said. "Sabe? French Roast coffee or the passion fruit tea?"

ooc: fyi, the pb's for robert, kate and angus are: Edward Woodward, Helen Mirren, and Hugh Jackman. Just in case you wanted some sort of visual for them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarran Price Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:12 pm

(( OOC: Accidentally posted as Tarran, but not sure how to about deleting it. XP ))

Last edited by Tarran Price on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tarran Price
Tarran Price

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:13 pm

(( OOC: Very helpful! ^_^ ))

Sabriel waved shyly. Robert was a man with skin and hair as white as snow. That, coupled with his physique, made him oddly reminiscent of Saint Nicolas. The man seemed more fit to be tucked in the arctic, whittling and designing toys for the youngest generations. Sabriel bit back an amused giggle at this, and turned his attention to the rest of his company.

Katherine -- no, Kate, was a slim and proper woman. Silvery, shoulder length hair extended to her shoulders. She seemed almost too frail to be handling two toddlers and four month old triplets, but Sabriel knew better than to judge her based on her appearance. He himself appeared rather minute; girlish, and unassuming, but all that could change with the flick of a wand and an incantation. He had sent many attackers sprawling with a well-placed side kick.

The different aromas of the kitchen made Sabriel dizzy. He clung to the back of Khaat's shirt, not only for balance but also to hide himself. Meeting new people were never his forte'. And although he was sure he loved Khaat's parents and children already, something inside of him willed him to be very small and unnoticeable.

"Tea, please," said Sabriel in a small voice. He glanced back at Tremaine, then Brian. How many different memories were shared in this house. This Safehouse?
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:54 pm

OOC: oh, I don't know if you've seen Van Helsing, but thats basically Angus's look most of the time. Just fyi. you are more than welcome to pull up any of my character's apps and read them if that would help you.

Angus promptly brought a tray of mugs and put the tray on the table. "Ladies first," he smiled. He flicked his fingers at the tray of mugs and a mug floated gracefully to Kate and to Khaat. He flicked his fingers at the rest of the mugs, floating one to Sabe, Robert, Michael, Brian and leaving one for himself.

"And finally we get to meet the young man that has so totally captured Khaat's heart," Angus smiled. "Welcome, Sabe. I'm Angus Donohue. I've been working for Robert and Brian for a long time. I'm the caretaker of their estates and one of Khaat's bodyguards."

"He's being entirely too modest," Khaat smiled at Sabe. "Angus is a certified executive chef. He just finished his coursework a few months ago. He does the cooking for us, takes care of the maintenance of our estates and all the acreage that go with that, he helps us take care of all these babies, and he is a very very skilled auror. Oh, and let us not forget that he is one of the finest sea captain I have ever seen."

"And just how many have you seen, my dear?" Angus laughed.

Khaat ignored Angus's remark and looked at Sabe. "And these are my children. My oldest, Abbey--in the pink sundress. She'll be 2 in May. Dakota is, techically, Abbey's niece. Weird, I know. And Dakota will be 2 in June. Julia is the littlest girl, in the yellow sundress. Robert Remus is in the green shirt, and his identical twin brother, Michael Brian is in the purple shirt. The triplets will be 1 in August. I know you saw pictures, but those were a couple months old. Brian is actually their stepfather, but he's the only father they have ever known or will ever know, most likely. My ex is not known for his reliability. Anyway, we're just in time for breakfast. Daddy, after breakfast, will you double check my findings and Brians?"

"You did a physical then?" Robert asked.

"Yes, And Brian double checked me. I would like you to check our findings."

"Well, I certainly would not attempt to make a potion without it. Sabe, so you know, I've treated many veelas in my time and your symptoms are not at all uncommon. Its a genetic trait common to the veela race. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to develop a potion that eliminates forever all those negative symptoms, but I have had some success with a potion to reduce, and in most cases, eliminates the symptoms for a time. Whether it will work for you or not, and how effective it is, depends on your own body chemistry. That same body chemistry will also determine how often you take the potion and how much. That widely varies from person to person. Right now, I suggest we just enjoy a good meal. That is, if Michael hasn't already filled you all up."

"I wouldn't miss Angus's hollandaise sauce or his fruit salad for anything," Khaat smiled. "Come sit, Sabe. Anywhere you like. There aren't any assigned seats at our table, and there is always more room for family and friends." She motioned him to come to the table and just sit wherever he liked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:07 am

(( OOC: XD I have not heard of any of the play-bys. I may have seen them before, but not often enough to recognize them. I googled them for appearance. The only reason why I did not provide a physical description for Angus was because I was somehow under the impression he did not make a physical appearance yet. ))

Angus was a handsome thing, with intense eyes and pronounced musculature that made Sabriel glance at hiis willowy limbs in shame. The man carried a friendly, albeit facile disposition. The power Khaat described in him was obviously quiescent. Despite the man's physical stature, had Sabriel not known better, he would have assumed him the family cook/babysitter and left it at that.

But the children! Oh, how cute. The triplets, yes, were larger than Sabriel had last seen them. Both Dakota and Abbey's eyes were wide with a curiosity that made him shy behind Khaat more, but how endearing they were! Sabriel had not seen many babies in his life, let alone been close enough to physically touch one. It was not until now he noticed how odd it was; everyone was once an infant in thier lives. Just small bundles of sunshine touched by God's kiss and untouched by sin. To think he has lived his entire life without being in company of one was almost impeccable, but Sabriel decided it made sense.

Being the youngest in his family, the Veela lived most of his life isolated, with nothing the company of his parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and older siblings. Never babies. He did not even interact fully with children his own age until his First Year. Frienship was rather stilted. Unwelcomed at first, but gradually became a part of his life as it was meant to be. But infants? Toddlers? It was a brand new world.

Still, he was delighted all the same. He understood now how so many children did not drive Khaat insane; they were simply too precious. Adorable. Tamed as well; they were going to be lovely growing up.

Would they, years from now, remember this moment? Sabriel doubted it. No matter how many times his mother described how often she would cradle him in his arms, or that time Labelle and Natalie were arguing too loud and made him cry, he could not recall. Khaat might tell a five-year-old Abbey one day, "I brought Sabe to come see you when you were two..." and she would reply that she did not remember at all.

That would not deter him. He would love to be in the childrens' lives well past their toddler years. He wanted to promise this to Khaat, but it was an intricate promise. He decided to wait until he was a little older.

Sabriel nodded to Khaat's father. He still clung to the back of his daughter's shirt, only a single eye and a small, albeit pert nose poking out from behind her. "Thank you," he told him shyly. "I really appreciate all the help!"

"I wouldn't miss Angus's hollandaise sauce or his fruit salad for anything," Khaat said, smiling. "Come sit, Sabe. Anywhere you like. There aren't any assigned seats at our table, and there is always more room for family and friends." She made a gesture towards the table, where the children sat and the supplementary dishes had finished disposing themselves.

Sabriel took a tentative seat next to Dakota. He looked at her for a moment, and was immediately charmed. She was even cuter up close. He smiled. Then, a thought came to him. He glanced at Khaat in concern.

"I am sorry; did you want to sit next to her? Being her mother and everything .." he trailed off.
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:57 pm

"No, no," Khaat said. I've figured out there just isn't any way that I can always sit next to all of them. You're fine. She took a seat that put Abbey on one side of her and Sabe on the other. Brian sat on the other side of Dakota, with Julia's high chair on the other side. Michael chose the other side of Kate.

Angus floated out plates with a serving of eggs benedict, a bowl of a fresh fruit salad, a couple of slices of crispy bacon and a scone. Yes, they were coconut and macadamia scones with a sugar glaze. And he had served a homemade pineapple marmalade with them. He put large pots of more coffee and more tea. Abbey appeared to be done eating. She looked at Brian.

"Down," she looked at Brian.

"Okay," he replied. He got up and lifted her down. "Don't go outside. Go play."

"Down, down," Dakota chimed.

"Okay, I'm coming," Brian said, knowing that where there was Abbey there was also usually Dakota. He picked her up and put her on the floor.

"Wa!" she looked determined at Brian.

"No," he told her. She stuck out her bottom lip at him, but he stayed calm and persistent. "No. We're not going out to the water now. We'll swim later. Stay inside. Go play with Abbey." She scowled at him. "I mean it. Go play. Its time for my food. Swim later." She looked doubtful that he would follow through. He knelt in front of her. "Swim later," he said gently. "Promise." He kissed her cheek. She smiled at him and scampered off to find Abbey. He stood up and took his place back at the table.

"I can see them from where I am," Angus said. "I have these two. Enjoy your breakfast."

"You certainly didn't come to a quiet household, Sabe," Robert laughed. "Wait til the triplets get cranky. Then everyone takes a baby and tries to stop the din."

"They're fairly good tempered most of the time," Khaat said. "They're learning."

"They're learning they want what they want when they want it," Angus laughed.

"And don't we all?" Kate smiled, breaking open her scone for some of the pineapple marmalade. "Excellent marmalade, Angus. So, Sabe, tell me what you'd like us to help you with, besides perhaps some improved physical health. When Khaat adds someone to our family, we all like an idea of how we can pitch in and be a part of that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top