Fudge. That's a lot o' letters.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Fudge. That's a lot o' letters. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Fudge. That's a lot o' letters.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fudge. That's a lot o' letters. Empty Fudge. That's a lot o' letters.

Post by Paris "Perry" Radborn Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:48 am

How Many Characters You Want: One - but more may very well be involved in the thread.
What characters you want: An auror, please.
Level of RP: Quantity is not of importance. Just keep the thread interesting - surprise me.

What you want to RP about: In my recently concluded thread (shared between Perry here, and Chastity Moor), Paris was taken into the custody of the Ministry for having confessed to being the accomplice of a thief. Due to an enchanted lock, information on all those who last set foot within the scene of the crime was noted. (This lock in particular is a new and improved, wizard security system. When tempered with the security's alarm system is triggered, giving the person who activated the system a total of five minutes to deactivate it before a siren goes off, and the Ministry is contacted. After the five minutes have passed the security system records every physical trait of everyone who was within the area when it was activated. The lock does not identify the names or ages of these people, however; that task is left up to the ministry.) While Paris was caught - or, rather, surrendered - the man who committed the robbery itself had escaped the premises before the aurors arrived. Several valuable items were stolen from the building, and remain with the thief. That leaves Paris, who the Ministry believe to possess information on the location of the thief.

I would very much appreciate it if an auror could step forward and fill the slot of the "bad cop". As the three aurors that brought Paris in to the Ministry of Magic are NPCs, I would rather not create a forth and RP this particular "scene" on my own. But before you volunteer, I would like to explain Perry's current relationship with the Ministry.

Paris is an inventor and dealer of wizard weapons - the likes of which the wizarding world has never seen before - as well as a "lock smith", or a man who is particularly skilled in the art of getting past the enchanted locks and security systems that a simple counter-charm is incapable of defusing. Over time the Ministry was made aware of Perry's occupation, and seized the opportunity. War was in the air, and they did not want the opposing side to get their hands on the weapons that Paris was dealing. They made a deal with Paris, promising to turn the cheek if he was caught in sticky situations, such as the robbery that I spoke of previously, so long as he continued to provide them with his inventions. Due to this deal, Paris may not be held in the Ministry's custody for longer than twenty-four hours (so long as he does not commit murder), without calling the agreement off.

Now, having said this, I do not wish to have Paris locked away in prison. I want him to escape, but I also would like to have him challenged. Perhaps your character doesn't agree with the way Paris has been handled in the past, and decides to keep him around for longer than twenty-four hours. Interrogates him, perhaps. Whatever works - so long as Paris escapes after everything has been said and done. Are you pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?

Paris
Paris "Perry" Radborn

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Fudge. That's a lot o' letters. Empty Re: Fudge. That's a lot o' letters.

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Our auror pack is rather small. However, I do have aurors.

Brian Quinn and Angus Donohue.

There is another possibility. Since Khaat is the Chief Warlock, perhaps she could handle the matter?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22572
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Paris "Perry" Radborn Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:48 am

I've noticed. A little odd, isn't it? You would think aurors would be a popular choice.

Khaat would work, if you'd like. Choose whomever you believe would suit the part. I don't mind.
Paris
Paris "Perry" Radborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin West Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:41 am

OOOH! ME!
Ginny Potter Very Happy
Kevin West
Kevin West

Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by Paris "Perry" Radborn Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:35 am

What do you think, Khaat?
Paris
Paris "Perry" Radborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Paris "Perry" Radborn Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Here is our thread, for whoever decides to fill this request.
Paris
Paris "Perry" Radborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Paris "Perry" Radborn Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:42 am

Sorry to triple post -giggles- but have we any takers?
Paris
Paris "Perry" Radborn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top