Fudge, Family, and Firelight
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Fudge, Family, and Firelight Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Fudge, Family, and Firelight

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fudge, Family, and Firelight Empty Fudge, Family, and Firelight

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:28 pm

Khaat portkeyed into the livingroom of Michael's cottage, but she wasnt' alone. Brian was with her. Khaat shivered. The cottage was cold. The heat wasn't on. She pulled the long black leaher winter coat around her. The coat reached the ground, and Brian had bought it for her last winter.

"What's wrong with you lot?" she cursed at the furniture. "Get the heat and the lights going! You know better!" A fire roared up in obedience in the fireplace and lights flicked on in the house making it look like life was here again. "And clean yourself up. You're a filthy mess. Michael is coming and he's bringing company. Get the tea on. Make some scones. Hurry up. You'll be late!"

"Why didn't you ever change the furniture back to normal?" Brian sighed, hearing mixing bowls and whisks leaping out of cabinets in the kitchen.

"They rather liked being alive," she sighed, shrugging. "It felt like killing them." She set her large leather messenger bag on the far end of the sofa. "I'm glad you came with me, though." She smiled at Brian.

"I've always liked this cottage," he said.

"Even though I lived here with Rob?"

"I'll forgive you," he said. "We all make mistakes." She laughed, and it made Brian smile. He always had thought her laughter was like sunshine in his life. He looked at the clock. "They'll be here in about 30 minutes."

In the meantime, Michael had taken leave of the castle, with Sabe with him. He walked now, purposefully, into Honeydukes.

"Your usual, Michael?" the clerk asked cheerfully.

"Make it a double," Michael said. "And put whatever my student chooses on my tab."

"With pleasure," the clerk said. He looked at the young veela. "Your professor says its on him---whatever you want, as much as you want. I'd take full advantage of it if I were you, Lad." Then he looked at his assistant. "Double Professor Tremaine's usual order."

"Double?" the clerk looked astounded. "Th..That's..."

"Ten pounds. Go and fetch it. No dillydallying," the clerk ordered. The assistant dashed off.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22561
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Fudge, Family, and Firelight Empty Re: Fudge, Family, and Firelight

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Sabriel blinked at the mention of the "usual order". Apparently doubling it was a huge deal. He wondered if it was fudge, and again his mind held a twinge of something between amusement and confusion. The inside joke between Khaat and Tremaine had no bounds, it seemed. Most of the humor was lost on the small Veela. He tried to imagine Khaat and Tremaine's little fudge heists. He attempted to envision them with insane sweet teeth, terrorizing the very shop he stood in some time--years?--before. But as the vision slipped between his fingers and faded, Sabriel tentatively clutched the hem of his sleeves.

The sleeves, while having the same general bagginess of Hogwarts robes, were actually attached a blouse snatched up for him by his sister, Marianne. The blouse was delicate and somewhat of a pale yellow. Marianne had bought it charmed; a warming spell designed for the colder seasons. His pants were thick but loose, made from white silk. Gold elastic bands fixed them around his ankles. This was sent by his grandmother.

Sabriel considered the menu. In truth, he wanted everything, but he did not want to order too much. "Five chocolate frogs, please, Miss." He shifted a little. "A chocolate wand too please." Despite being so nitpicky and slender, Sabe absolutely adored eating. Especially sweets.

He glanced at Professor Tremaine. Did he mind? Sabriel doubted it. But what did he know?

He brightened suddenly. He was going to see Khaat! He really, truly liked her. He couldn't wait to see her.
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:14 am

"Yes, Sir," the clerk said putting Sabriel's purchases in a small paper bag for him while a clerk lugged out a very large box and set them on the counter with a bang.

"Ten pounds of fudge, Sir," the young associate said, out of breath.

"Thank you. That will be all. You can return to your duties," his boss said adding the ten pounds of chocolate fudge to the tab he was making for Michael. Michael set down a two pound bag of French Roast coffee beans covered in dark chocolate.

"Two pounds, Professor?" the clerk asked.

"Yes, please. On my tab."

"Of course," the clerk said, adding it. He packaged the beans for Michael and said. "Would you like that reduced?"

"I think I'll do it myself," Michael replied, "Thanks." He flicked his wand at the now very large package and shrank it to pocket sized and deposited it into his pocked. He pulled a pocketwatch out of his pocket, checked the time, and then looked at Sabe. "We should be exactly on time if we go now. Come along, Lad." He motioned to Sabe and headed out of the shop and turned to go back the alley between Honeydukes and the shop next to it.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:40 am

Ten pounds? Of fudge? Sabriel's eyes widened. What a hefty amount! Sabriel sincerely hoped Tremaine would eat the sweets sparingly. As much as he himself loved to eat, Sabriel doubted he could handle so much sugar without getting sick.

"We should be exactly on time if we go now. Come along, Lad." Tremaine took a few steps toward the exit, putting good distance between himself and the daydreaming boy. It was a few seconds until Sabriel finally realized what the going on. He gave a small sound of surprise and hurried along, his hair bouncing about his shoulders.

The candy jostled pleasantly in his little bag as he half-walked, half-strode beside Tremaine. It was not until they approached a Quidditch shop that Sabriel pulled out his chocolate wand and started to eat. There were many students crowding the little store. He tried glimpse the latest models over the hefty shoulder of Tremaine. If Sabriel were alone, he would purchase something, but the prospect of meeting Khaat outweighed his Quidditch fanaticism.

They passed the shop. The sun was nowhere in site. Had it not been for his charmed blouse, Sabriel would be freezing."Where are we going?" he inquired. "Your house?" He would actually be surprised if Khaat had a domain here at Hogsmeade; wasn't she a fugitive? Of course, the powers of magic had no bounds.

What kind of abode would it be? Was it a hut? Cottage? Modern house? Estate? Somehow Sabriel doubted the lattermost of his ideas.

He took another bite of his wand. He was getting a tad tired, but he did not mind. Being in the company of Tremaine was becoming a second nature to him. Since their duel, he made frequent trips to his office, particularly during dinner horse. He and the man were no longer acquainted, but officially Teacher and Apprentice. Otto, Faline, Snidely and Hiss were getting used to his company as well. He found them utterly charming.

Last edited by Sabriel Gardinier on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:01 am

OOC: Sorry for putting them in the same post, but Michael's post isnt that long.

"Its on the back street behind Honeydukes," he said quietly to the boy. They went through the alley and up the back street to a brightly lit stone cottage with wood trim painted blue. It was the only stone cottage on the street. "If anyone asks, you dont' know diddly about this place," he told Sabe. He opened the wooden gate to open the garden wall and went through, leaving it open for Sabe. He went up the neatly manicured sidewalk and simply opened the door to the cottage.

It still had Khaat's furniture in it. English country decor. Rustic, but very comfortable. Bright, jewel toned colors made the place pleasant. The front door opened directly into a living room with a stairway leading upstairs on the right. Straight through was a rustic dining room, beyond that was a kitchen. Beyond that was a sunroom that looked out onto the garden that Khaat had cultivated with beautiful trees and flowers years ago. A fireplace on the opposite living room wall burned brightly, and to the left of that was a door that led to a study lined with countless books. Michael could smell the tea and the fresh baked scones. Leave it to Khaat to be the perfect hostess. He hoped it was the same recipe for scones that she used at Sparks.

"Khaat?" he called. "Make yourself at home, Sabe. I know that girl. She's in the kitchen."

"Coming, Michael," came Khaat's pleasant tones. "Brian's bringing the tea now. You only stock Earl Grey. I should have known."

"You know I hate sissy teas," he teased her. A tea tray came floating into the room followed by Khaat's husband, tall, blond, dressed in jeans and a denim shirt.

"You must be Sabriel," Brian smiled. "I'm Brian Quinn--Khaat's husband. She's told me all about you--only good things, of course. She'll be right along. She's getting the scones." Khaat followed with a large plate of cinnamon scones and a pot of freshly made honey butter. She put them on the coffee table.

"Sabe," she smiled. She hugged the boy warmly. "You're like ice. Brian, pour him some tea." Brian motioned the teapot to pour tea into a mug and it obeyed and Brian floated the mug over to Sabe. The teapot then poured three more mugs of tea and delivered them, one to each of the grownups in the room. Khaat took a place on the blue and white checked sofa and Brian sat beside her.

"So," Brian said. "its nice to finally meet Khaat's latest protege. Michael, you know I won't do my usual training with him. Veelas don't do well with it. I'll train you, Sabe, as a veela should be trained."

"As I was sure you would," Michael nodded. "Providing that is what you want, Sabe."

"I want to see to any medical issues before either of you start anything with him," Khaat said protectively. "My apologies, Sabe. I should be talking to you and not about you. My apologies. Help yourselves to the scones. Its my mother's recipe."

"So you did bring the right recipe then" Michael laughed.

"And you brought the fudge?" Khaat presumed. He drew the box out of his pocket, set it on the floor and restored it to its normal size. "Tins!" Khaat commanded. "Come and divide the fudge!" A whole line of brightly painted tins came in and began dividing the tins into one pound increments in the tins.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:48 am

((OOC: Not a problem at all. In fact, it's convenient. Don't worry. XD Also, this post seems a little confusing when I read back over it. My bad, I was so engrossed with providing hella details I forgot about the flow. I'm pretty sure it's comprehensible though. XD))

Sabriel eagerly returned Khaat's hug. So warm! She smelled of cinnamon, and her hands were hot from the oven and carrying the scones. She seemed much more real. Sabriel could notice things he had not before, or had forgotten: the intense curves of her eyebrows, the soft blush on her cheeks, the minimal copper streaks in her hair -- even the highlights in her brown eyes. It had been a long, agonizing week; he'd missed her.

Remembering his etiquette, Sabriel bowed demurely before he sat. "It is a pleasure to meet you all. All of you." He smiled. The cushion was warm and pleasant.

Sabriel suddenly felt a little self conscious surrounded by so many adults. Alas, it faded almost instantly. He was the only child of his family. The boy had plenty of exposure to adults, but minimal exposure to children his own age. The only difference was, whereas at home he was expected to keep out of the way, here were adults attempting to engage with him personally. Powerful, experienced wizards and a witch. He was trying his hardest to adjust, but it was taking some time getting used to.

Brian was nice. He and Khaat made a lovely couple. Sabriel could only wonder what their children were like.

"It is what I want; thank you," he said to Brian, regarding his training. "I greatly appreciate your help .. truly .." He trailed off. Curse it all! His shyness handicapped him in various areas. He found himself blushing hotly, clutching his tea between trembling pale fingers.

Altogether, Khaat, Tremaine and Brian were close. Sabriel took a scone and tried to envision where he fit in with this bunch, and realized there were invisible strings connecting him to each and every one of them. Slowly tugging him into their web. The familiarity between them could only grow less strained over time. 'Khaat,' he thought. 'You penetrated my life. My shell. And now you and your kin are slowly forming into a second family for me.'

He downed another scone. He did not eat sloppily, though he did eat quickly. And eat he did; for not a single crumb was left behind.

The boy sighed with pleasure. The quality of eating was often underestimated. The sweets! Oh the sweets. Tea. And the like. They were all so wonderful! He grinned in delight; the scones were absolutely divine. Sabe found that he could not stop eating.

He did find the time to pause and assuage Khaat's concerns moments later, however. "I am sorry," he told Brian, almost mutely. "I have a weak immune system, so I'm prone to fevers. I was also born premature, so my lungs and heart are weak. Khaat says she would find a way to help me, though .."
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:34 am

OOC: Your post made perfect sense to me. No worries.

Khaat walked over to him and simply laid her hand on his forehead, her way of conducting a physical. Her skills were based on touch--an inherited ability from her father. And her father had taught it to Brian. "You said you've had this your entire life?" she frowned. "It seems to me...and I might want my father to double check it, but...it appears to me to be an instability in your bloodsystem, and it causes a chemical breakdown in your autoimmune system. In short, it causes you to be vulnerable to things like chronic fatigue, fever, and the like. Your desire for sweets is also caused in part by your body's desire to recover its strength. Brian, hasn't my father treated something similar?"

"Uh..oh, yeah! That family that came in from Bulgaria specifically to see him, remember?"

"Oh, that's right," she said remembering.

"He ended up making a tonic to help replace the nutrients and chemical deficiencies. The last I knew, so long as the kids stayed on the tonic their fevers were lessened, but not totally discontinued, they were getting more nutrition out of what they did eat so therefore their fatigue was less."

"I remember. Accio!" she commanded. A clipboard and a pen came from the study. Brian knew what she wanted so he got up.

"No quick quotes quill, Michael?" Brian laughed.

"I don't need those gimmicks," Michael said. "You can't write anymore, Junior?" Brian rolled his eyes, but more out of sheer amusement. Brian laid his hands on Sabriel's head with his left hand and began, with his right hand, making continuous notes quickly on the clipboard.

"I am making notes about the specifics of the things I'd like Robert to beef up for you," Brian told Sabe. "Khaat seems to be right on the money so far as I can tell. It may be that Robert may want to see you himself before he fine tunes it." When he finished writing, he lowered his hand and looked at Sabe. "The bottom line may well be this--I don't know that this is necessarily a curable thing. That's the bad news. But--here's the good news. I think you might be able to find you can greatly reduce the symptoms with a potion that Robert could formulate specifically for your body chemistry, and you might well find that you can improve your own natural veela abilities and have a much greater quality of life. I may well restructure your diet and since you're with Michael, I know you'll get it. We can strengthen your heart and lungs, but slowly. Over time. We love walking and swimming and running and just generallly working out. If I do it right, I can help you find the joy in it instead of the chore it is for you right now."

"And, so you know, Sabe," Khaat said affectionately, "you've penetrated me just as much. And Michael. And we have no trouble wrapping ourselves around you. Its what we want. If you can accept that we are a bit, well, unusual even for a wizarding family, and that we very firmly believe that what lies in your heart is far more important than what lies in your veins, then we would be more than happy to add you to our family." Khaat's biological family was relatively small. But her family of the heart, the family that included people like Michael and more that meant far more to her and was ever growing."

"It sounds to me like at our next meeting we need to include your father, Khaat," Michael said.

"I quite agree," Brian said. "He can fine tune the potion so that Sabe has it to try."

"Excellent. And how do you plan on doing this physical training."

"Sabe, how about I send you an owl with some things to try all written down for you? MIchael can train with you since he really does enjoy training. Having a friend always makes it more fun. Send me back a written report through Michael so that I know what works and what doesn't. I may have Robert send you a preliminary formulation of the potion in a few days. Now--he can usually flavor most of these potions so that you can enjoy them. You can either choose with these tonics to make them your favorite flavor, or do what Khaat does when she needs them. She choose to make them completely odorless and tasteless and she simply adds them to her French Roast coffee in the mornings. It is completely your choice. But I do agree with Khaat and Michael. What you've done so far has been good. Really good. I just think they're right--we can do better.

"And--can I just say one thing?" Brian added. "Khaat and I have kids of our own, we have adopted kids, and we have taken guardianship over several. We are the happiest when our house is full of kids, full of family. We're not trying to replace your family. That's not what this is about. If you want our nutty little clan, then we're here. But we don't ever want to compete with your family. We don't ever want you to feel that you need to choose. We don't want to put any kid in that position. But if you want us, if you need us or something we can help you with, then we will gladly be there for you. We'll make sure you know how to get to us so that, for example, on breaks when you can leave the castle, if you want to meet with one of us, or spend a weekend or a break with us, you can do that. The choice is totally up to you. To keep you from being overwhelmed, you can reach us by owl or through Michael, but as you get to know us, believe me, you'll find that we are a lot easier to find than Gellert Grindlewald will ever figure out." That made Michael and Khaat laugh. They were not afraid of the once great and now resurrected evil wizard.

"Our family is as close to you and as much a part of you as you want it to be," Khaat said, placing one soft kiss on his forehead, as soft as a butterfly's wing. "For as long as you like--for a little while, or forever. And I never break my word. Not ever."

OOC: oops. Really long post. ROFL
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:54 am

((OOC: I LOVE long posts! ^_^))

Sabriel sat deathly still. He waited for Khaat and Brian to finish examining him. Their method was unorthodox, something he had never seen before! The boy's eyes grew big with amazement. Khaat's hands had been very warm. He mulled over her diagnosis, turning the possibilities over in his mind. Everything she said made perfect sense. She knew more than the nurses that had accompanied him his entire life. More than his parents. More than the doctors his father consulted in Malta.

Brian laid his hand on his forehead. He was scribbling on a clipboard summoned by Khaat while Sabe swam in reverie. He'd had a brief word with Tremaine -- that made Sabriel giggle softly -- before appraising his 'client'. And now the man's eyes gazed deep into his own.

"The bottom line may well be this--I don't know that this is necessarily a curable thing. That's the bad news. But--here's the good news. I think you might be able to find you can greatly reduce the symptoms with a potion that Robert could formulate specifically for your body chemistry, and you might well find that you can improve your own natural veela abilities and have a much greater quality of life. I may well restructure your diet and since you're with Michael, I know you'll get it. We can strengthen your heart and lungs, but slowly. Over time. We love walking and swimming and running and just generallly working out. If I do it right, I can help you find the joy in it instead of the chore it is for you right now."

Sabriel nodded. He ducked his head. "Thank you," he told him earnestly. Even so, compensations and reparations clamored about his his mind. He felt as if he should repay these people! But what could he do? He found it amazing not only Khaat, but also Brian and Tremaine would put so much effort into aiding him! A mere Veela happening upon Khaat by chance! It was insane.

"And, so you know, Sabe," Khaat began. He tuned in completely then. "You've penetrated me just as much. And Michael. And we have no trouble wrapping ourselves around you. Its what we want. If you can accept that we are a bit, well, unusual even for a wizarding family, and that we very firmly believe that what lies in your heart is far more important than what lies in your veins, then we would be more than happy to add you to our family."

Sabriel gasped, giving a start. He was blushing hotly. She had read his mind? Should he be surprised? Sabriel knew Khaat was a powerful seer, but apparently her skills held no bounds. Leglimency! But even so, her words gave him limitless joy. Even his eyes brightened a few shades. Another family! How absolutely enchanting! He smiled brightly.

His attention turned to Khaat, Brian and Michael's speculations concerning his condition. He sat, patiently, demurely, as they discussed plans. He ate another scone.

"Sabe." He looked up. "How about I send you an owl with some things to try all written down for you? MIchael can train with you since he really does enjoy training. Having a friend always makes it more fun. Send me back a written report through Michael so that I know what works and what doesn't. I may have Robert send you a preliminary formulation of the potion in a few days. Now--he can usually flavor most of these potions so that you can enjoy them. You can either choose with these tonics to make them your favorite flavor, or do what Khaat does when she needs them. She choose to make them completely odorless and tasteless and she simply adds them to her French Roast coffee in the mornings. It is completely your choice. But I do agree with Khaat and Michael. What you've done so far has been good. Really good. I just think they're right--we can do better."

Sabriel nodded. He understood. "The owl idea is very nice. I will have no problem with the report .. My favorite flavor is Crème Torte, but cocoa is nice. And anything key lime." He blushed once more. Ah -- blushing! The color always turned up stark against his fluorescent cheeks!

"And--can I just say one thing?" Brian interjected quite suddenly. "Khaat and I have kids of our own, we have adopted kids, and we have taken guardianship over several. We are the happiest when our house is full of kids, full of family. We're not trying to replace your family. That's not what this is about. If you want our nutty little clan, then we're here. But we don't ever want to compete with your family. We don't ever want you to feel that you need to choose. We don't want to put any kid in that position. But if you want us, if you need us or something we can help you with, then we will gladly be there for you. We'll make sure you know how to get to us so that, for example, on breaks when you can leave the castle, if you want to meet with one of us, or spend a weekend or a break with us, you can do that. The choice is totally up to you. To keep you from being overwhelmed, you can reach us by owl or through Michael, but as you get to know us, believe me, you'll find that we are a lot easier to find than Gellert Grindlewald will ever figure out."

The man's enthusiasm was contagious. Sabriel found himself nigh lost in happiness. He could find no way out. Before long he was on his feet. He stretched out his arms, as if to give Brian a thankful hug. When he finally caught his bearings, however, his eyes widened. He took a step back. Fear clutched his heart. Giving a hug to Khaat was one thing -- but Brian? Everything he had been taught, he was losing it.

He felt he ought to bring his arms down, but there they were, outstretched. It was innocent, right? Just a hug? He frowned. Somehow he had the urge to cry. Nothing was fair.
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:24 am

OOC: Gosh, I'm glad! LOL

Khaat watched as Brian folded Sabe close to him. Brian always did have the makings of a great dad and a great mentor, she had always known.

"Now, listen, Sabe," Brian continued gently. "You must do your level best to be completely inconspicuous. So long as Khaat and her father are the most wanted people in our world, you must not let anyone know you are associated with us. Its for your own protection. But I will tell you this--they have not committed any crime. Not by our law. They only represent a threat to Gellert Grindlewald. But--if someone associates you with her or her father, your very life could well be in danger. Don't take it lightly. That's why Khaat asked Michael to look out for you."

"We will not stay in hiding forever," Khaat assured Sabe. "Sooner or later, we will get Gellert Grindelwald out of our world, and, I hope, my father back where he belongs. Whether I get my job back as the Chief Warlock I honestly couldn't care less. I have a lot more important things lately. Like family. I can do without a lot of things, but not family."

"Khaat Karina, did you bring photos of those beautiful children of yours for me to see or not?" Michael said, tired of waitng for her to produce them. Khaat laughed, not surprised Michael could always cut to the heart of what he wanted. She opened up her bag and took out a photo album and handed it to him. He opened the book, looked at the first page, turned it and smiled.

"Those babies are getting so big already! And they look like their parents. Brian, how the devil did Abbey get to look like you instead of Rob?"

"Its because her mother has class," Brian simply smiled.

"Rob was my first husband and my oldest daughter's biological father," Khaat said to Sabe. He might as well know his, well, siblings. "She'll be two this spring. The redheaded girl that is the same age is my adopted daughter's child. That is a weird story, but her name is Dakota. The triplets...well, they were born in August. They are Julia, Robert Remus, and Michael Brian. It makes for one very big, noisy house and a heck of a lot of diaper changing."

"And a massive diaper budget. We left their last names Lupin for now," Brian said. "It helps me protect Khaat a bit of people dont immediately connect me as her husband. Most of the world only knows me as her bodyguard, except for our friends. So long as it protects her and my children, I don't really want her r them to take my name."

"You might as well get used to seeiing these two," Michael pointed to a picture of a couple his age. "These are Khaat's parents--Robert and Katherine, or Kate, as we call her. You might have seen Robert's picture in the papers before Grindlewald overthrew the government. Kate stays out of the spotlight because she doesnt' like it. But I'm quite sure you'll soon be meeting them both."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:52 am

((OOC: Just going off the images in your signature! XD))

Brian's embrace was firm. Swiftly, it had wiped away Sabriel's private moment of hysteria. The boy had nodded sedately to Brian's demands. Currently, Sabe peered at the album Khaat produced from his newfound position over Tremaine's shoulder. He sucked on a lollipop he had pilfered early that morning.

Abbey an adorable little girl! Her hair was to her shoulder blades, and a curious silken blonde. She did look like Brian, but she also looked a lot like Khaat. Sabriel tried to find traces of this "Rob" but found none. Abbey certainly had the prettiest, unique smile, and the most wonderfully sparkling eyes. Sabriel glanced at Khaat. Then Brian. Michael. He caught a glimpse of himself in a mirror. Everyone seemed to have that glimmer!

Marianne. Natalie. Beatrice. Labelle. Daphne. Grandmother. Mother's eyes were dead, though. Father's eyes were flint. But Khaat, Brian, Michael and little Abbey here had eyes so expressive and loving he thought it apt that he melt.

Dakota's hair was as flaming red as the sunset's horizon. It reminded Sabriel of another redhead. Except, that redhead was an adult and had a temper that matched her flaming crown. How would Dakota be when she grew up? It occurred to Sabriel that he wanted to be there when it happened. Also for Abbey and the triplets.

The triplets! Sabriel hadn't seen many babies in his life. Now there were three at once. Two boys and one girl. They seemed so delicate. Like glass. No. More like marshmallow putty. With hair and large sweet eyes that innocently closed in slumber in one frame, and were open and peaceful in another.

Once more, he glanced at Khaat. What a strong woman. She was lucky to have such a dynamic husband and caring family. Caring for so many young ones while on the run must be quite the ordeal, and yet she was still willing to take more under her wing! It was truly amazing.

He reached out to touch a photograph of Abbey with an elegant finger. She shifted slightly and blinked. The appendage wandered over to a little Dakota, peering into the frame with unsuspecting eyes. Next were the triplets. He wanted to see if they were warm, but of course it was just a photograph. Still, he could sense the life behind the image.

Sabriel took a breath. "You have some lovely children," he told Brian and Khaat. "I would love to meet them one day. I have never been around children so young .. Wait. Where are they now?"
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top