Lost in thought
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lost in thought Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lost in thought

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost in thought Empty Lost in thought

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:13 am

She was sore, very, very sore, and tired. Her scar was aching today, her lips felt bruised, and she pretty much just wanted to go back up to her dorm and sleep. But her dorm mates were having some sort of party, and she didn't want to ruin it for them... they didn't want her there, and she'd rather just go outside and be alone anyway. They didn't know what she went through.. they didn't know she was with the most handsome boy in school. They didn't know that he liked her, and she liked him, and he was the only one who could make her feel completely special.. they knew nothing of the pain, of the fear, of the torment she went through every full moon.. the fact of the matter was, they knew nothing, and it angered her now. Kendall was right.. no one cared, no one thought about her, except him of course, he was there.. he would always be there, she knew he would.

Rise sat staring out at the Forbidden Forest. She went there every full moon to transform, she hadn't yet transformed while she knew Kendall.. but she would offer to let him see.. next time. She wanted him to see what she went through, he had touched her scar, why not see the effects of it.. she wasn't a bad wolf.. she took her potion, and kept her mind... she just.. looked like an overgrown puppy, and the transformation was painful, humiliating and long. An animagus just, turned, their shape moved into the new one, and done, but she.. she went through a forced transformation every full moon. So Rise sat there, her hand hovering over her scar, that for the first time since she had started school, wasn't covered up by a scarf. Kendall was right, let them see! Her scar was nothing to be ashamed of.. it was a symbol of her power, a symbol of what she had gone through, nothing to be ashamed about, so she kept her scarf off, letting the whole world, see what she was.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Number of posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Lost in thought Empty Re: Lost in thought

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:26 am

"What are you doing out here at this time of evening?" came a voice from afar, one that sounded caring and deep. Andrew Thompson had been lounging on a large branch that extended from an old tree that was nearby where the mystery girl sat. He carefully noted her appearance, wondering if she had been someone new or recent to the school. He had been gone for the longest time, yet he knew most of everybody at Hogwarts. Andrew was wearing a white sweatshirt, the hoodie carefully placed over his head, to conceal most of his face as the sun kept shining into his eyes. He also wear dark jeans and some black and white tennis shoes, mainly just muggle stuff.

He didn't know if she had seen him or not, but he wouldn't be that hard to spot if she looked hard enough. He didn't really want to be found, yet sitting close to the forbidden forest at night was dangerous, seeing as how random creatures could just suddenly appear out of nowhere, yet most of them just kept to themselves. If we didn't bother them, they wouldn't bother us. Well, at least that's what Andrew had learned from his experiences of course. "It's getting late," he spoke "shouldn't you be back at Hogwarts?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:33 am

Rise jumped to her feet when she heard a noise and whipped out her wand. She was to used to hearing voices and then getting stuff thrown at her. "Protego!" She yelped, and a shield appeared around her. The voice was a lot closer to her then she liked it, and she knew she was overreacting.. but the last time they had thrown something, it had been a rock, and she had had a bruise on her head for weeks after that.. she hadn't gone to the Hospital Wing though.. she didn't want to look like a baby, but it had bled a little bit, and she had little scar there now because of them.

The voice spoke again, and Rise slowly looked up and saw... a boy... dressed in muggle clothes, sitting on a branch. She slowly let her shield drop and she stared at him. "I know it's dangerous.. you think I'm afraid of it? I am apart of it after all.." She said sitting down again with a huff and glaring out at the trees. "I'm the one their afraid of the most... so better watch out or I'll bite you." She said, sounding thoroughly upset, and she kept her face turned away from him as she pulled her knees to her chest and rested her chin on them, staring off into the trees.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:44 am

Now Andrew needed to know what was going on with this person. She suddenly used a spell for defesne, as if he had tried to use something on her, and saying she was 'a part of it'. Andrew grinned, knowing he would definitely get himself into some trouble just to help out. He figured it was worth it, she was pretty cute. He flung himself off the branch and landed on one knee with a thud, most of the energy going into the ground. He pulled off his hood revealing that after some time had grown a five o' clock shadow, something he had been wanting for a while now, and walked over to the girl. He stopped 5 feet away from her though, knowing that she didn't trust him.

He sat down carefully, showing no harm. "So what do you mean that you are a part of it?" he asked, just getting to the point. He didn't want to play hardball, he figured that she would appreciate just being truthful and showing that he cared. Then again, Andrew was a horrible judge of character. So this would be interesting.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:49 am

Rise jumped when suddenly he was right next to her. Though, thankfully a good distance away. He hadn't taken the hint with her protection spell, and her yelling out at him, but here he was... sitting next to her.. wanting to 'talk.' She didn't care if he wanted to talk or not.. she just wanted to be left alone, but he asked, and she felt the need to say something angrily. But nothing came to mind.. he wasn't being rude.. he hadn't thrown anything at her.. and in fact.. he hadn't done anything at all... she hadn't even told him to go away, so it wasn't a surprise that he came to sit by her.

"You hear the stories they tell, don't go in the forbidden forest.. lots of scary monsters in there... hear that... that's a werewolf.. gotta hide from them! Beware of the forest, you might get eaten by a werewolf.. the stories are all there.. but not once has anyone actually been eaten by werewolves in this forest.." She said frowning and shaking her head. "Mostly because the werewolves in this section are other students, and they don't want expelled, so they take their potions like good puppies and run along and play in the forest... nothing big.." She went on a rant, and then glared at him, turning her whole body to do so. "What do you want? Don't you get off enough by throwing things at me? Now you gotta pretend to be nice? Just go away!" She growled, turning away from him again and glaring at the forest.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:55 am

Andrew kept his eyes focused on the girl, showing attention and consideration of her words. "Lady," he said, in a calm and soft voice "I've fought dragons, The Loch Ness Monster, and a giant lake snake that nearly killed me and my friend. I'm not afraid of werewolves. You have my word." Yet judging from her words, he could tell that she was one herself. She made it pretty obvious, seeing as how she only mentioned that one specific creature. "And I'm asking because I see a sad person who looks like they could use some help. I won't throw anything at you, and if anyone here threw something at you, I wouldn't let them. Believe me."

He was going to say 'trust me', but that didn't seem like the appropriate word for it. She seemed to be tortured by students, which honestly wasn't a surprise. He knew there was at least one Death Eater teacher, so many Slytherins could do what they want and get away with it. Although most of everyone probably did as well. "Do you just want to talk?" he asked in a kind voice, a smile forming on his lips "I won't do anything to hurt you."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:00 am

Rise couldn't help but glance at him when he spoke. Why was he being kind? Why did he have to be nice to her? Why couldn't he just let her believe that everyone hated her and get on with his life? What would he gain by getting her as an alley, he would try to use her, Kendall said they would.. they all would.. it sucked, she hated it, she hated him. But he was kind.. and she had no reason to be angry at him. He didn't look particularly threatening, in fact, his smile was rather nice... but... she couldn't be distracted!!

She glared at him again when he asked if she wanted to talk. "I have nothing to talk about." she said stiffly, her eyes training back on the forest. He said he wouldn't hurt her... then why was he there? "What do you want from me?" She exclaimed, turning and putting both her hands on the ground, glaring at him, her eyes full of hatred. "Can't I just sit here in peace? I don't need a stupid boy coming her and pretending to be nice to me alright!" She exclaimed and kept her gaze on him, fury, and fire in her eyes like none other, it was obvious she had been hurt.. pretty badly, in the past.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:07 am

Andrew could sense the amount of hurt that this person has sustained. It sickened him because no one should have to deal with mass amounts of pain or hysteria. Torture, in laymans terms. He kept his glance into her eyes though, regardless of the amount of hate she was trying to give. "I want nothing but just to help," he said honestly to her, his smile still strong "and to help a pretty face smile again." Perhaps flattery would get him nowhere, but maybe it would do something. Just maybe. "And I don't think you are sitting here in peace...I think you've got something on your mind that's hurting you. Would you like to explain? Maybe it would help." Andrew had to be careful with this one, anything he would say could be potentially devastating. Well, that was the challenge that he always toke up. Especially Gabriella.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:19 am

Rise couldn't help but stare in awe at this kid. He came over to her, no care in the world, and just asked her what was wrong. Like he wasn't afraid, like he didn't care she was a werewolf, like he really, actually cared about her feelings. Her gaze was hard and he just kept on smiling at her, and she couldn't help but let her gaze soften a tiny bit. But the second he tried to flirt, she locked up again and spun around to face the forest, glaring at it like it had done her something wrong personally. "I don't need your BS..." She grumbled, glaring at the forest and wrapping her arms around her legs.

"So what if I've got something on my mind, it's nothing you would understand! You don't know what it's like! None of them do.." She said angrily, and curled in on herself tighter. "All they do is yell at me.. and make fun of me.. and point, and stare.. and no one gives a rat's ass.. especially you!" She pointed at him without looking at him and glared at the forest some more, hiding her face with her hair and wishing he would just go away and let her think in peace.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:30 am

"If I didn't give a rat's ass, why would I be talking you and wanting to know?" he said, trying to bring a more logical approach into this situation "I do want to know and I do care. And for the record, I do think you are pretty. I'm only wanting to help you and make you feel better. Trust me, I'm not like those other assholes out there." That was a mouthful, yet he had to get that point across. She had a trust problem, something he had dealt with himself. Not to this extreme, yet he was a pretty bad case anyway. "I understand," he said in a calming voice, inching a little bit closer to her "I won't belittle you just because you are a werewolf. I won't say or do anything, unless you want me to." Maybe that would try to open her up a little bit...and not in that way you perverts.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top