Slightly Confused
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Slightly Confused Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Slightly Confused

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slightly Confused Empty Slightly Confused

Post by Maxximus Malfoy Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:54 am

So i stumbled upon this place and it looks interesting i have had a look around and would love to get involved but i don't really get it, probably sounds a little stupid but would someone care to explain this whole shebang to me. I get you create a character but does it have to be you i just dont get it hope someone can help

Thanks
Maxximus Malfoy
Maxximus Malfoy

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Slightly Confused Empty Re: Slightly Confused

Post by Chastity Moor Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:02 am

Hello Maxamillion! I'm Chase Moor, a mod on the site, I do most of the advertising here and I would LOVE for you to join our ranks! We are always happy to meet new people and help you along!

Okay, so first of all, Rping, you know what it is right? It's typing in third person past tense, first of all, you need to go to the Character Creation place, and fill out the application there. It is kinda long, so be prepared to spend a certain amount of time on it. We take rpers of all experience, so don't feel like having something wrong with your app is bad, we are always willing to help you become the best writer you can be!

If you have questions about the plot, I suggest you go to the plot page and reading about the current plot!

No, the character is not yourself, Very Happy But sometimes I find it best that your first character resemble you in some aspects, just for comfort levels, Chase Moor is very similar to me, but other characters of mine are completely different!

Basically your character is at Hogwarts, and the plot helps determine what is happening right now. We are AU, meaning we do not stem directly from the books, and other things have happened, such as Harry Potter dying, and Voldemort is dead as well, but Grindelwald is back! Alternate Universe (AU).

You play your character going through Hogwarts, meeting new people, building friendships, and enemies, and learning to face challenges that will be presented to you!

So I suggest the first thing you do is make your character! If you need to go look at My application to give you some tips! I really hope you stay with us, and enjoy your time here, if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxximus Malfoy Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks for the help i changed my name to something more suitable and i have added a character i hope it makes the cut, i am after all a noob at this Very Happy
Maxximus Malfoy
Maxximus Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:45 am

Well, be sure to fill out your form, and check the Face Claims list in case that person is taken, we don't want multiple people who look the same running around London do we? XD

Just fill out the form, and if you need help with that, add me on MSN Very Happy Molz6659@hotmail.com

I can help you step by step if need be Smile If you don't have MSN, I can add you from just about any other service, and if you don't have anything, I suggest you might want to look into getting it, because a lot of us communicate using IMing services Very Happy

EDIT: OH! And if you have Facebook, add Chase Moor as a friend, and you can keep updated on things there, I can also help you out there if you can't get an IMing service Smile

One other thing I will say, we don't usually allow Original's to use Canon name, meaning that your last name probably won't work, we do have a Canon list if you would like to have your character related to someone who is originally in the book. Canon means that they are someone who JKR put into her books and we use it such as anyone related, or is that person. Check out the Canon list, or make an Original! Meaning someone who isn't in the book, and is made up purely in your head, like Chase is Very Happy
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxximus Malfoy Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:59 am

ah i kinda see my app was pointless then its all a little to confusing for me never mind thank you
Maxximus Malfoy
Maxximus Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:00 pm

If worse comes to worse we can speak in the Chat Box, located on the right side of the site, but anything else I can help you with Smile I can give you a step by step if you need it Very Happy Or just to chat and do some plotting, that is to say, getting a life put together for your character
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxximus Malfoy Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:03 pm

don't worry about it, kinda had this idea of malfoy's son being good rather than evil so was hoping to keep that but do not worry. Thanks for your time
Maxximus Malfoy
Maxximus Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Of course Smile If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! We're always here to help, even if I'm not the one answering the questions, there is a scrolling list on the side of the site for admins, they are very dedicated and are always willing to help you! As well as anyone on the site! Please, don't be afraid to ask! I hope you enjoy your time on PA!
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top