You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours - Page 3 Empty Re: You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours

Post by Elijah Krum Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:10 pm

The door slammed shut after Khaat’s response and Viktor sighed. He pinched the bridge of his nose and leaned over. He slapped Elijah around the back of the head, ignoring the yelp that came from the boy. Had it been Viktor’s decision then he would have taken his wand to the boy like his father would have done but upon drawing it, Harry did also and Irina’s hand slipped onto his arm. He settled for re-sheathing the wand in his robes before backhanding Elijah. He took the second hit with some sort of grace. He recoiled of course and grasped his cheek. Viktor noted the blood and he glanced down at the rings on his fingers that also wore his son’s crimson. Irina’s grip tightened and Viktor looked at Harry to see him frozen in space as if he’d lost all desire to retaliate or as if he’d finally remembered his place.

“We had them.” Viktor breathed, his anger flaring once more. “And then you had to go and open your goddamn mouth! We had them right here,” He opened his palm and slapped his hand against it. “You’re ridiculous boy! You think you don’t need an education? Well, regardless of whether you get those children back or not, you’ll get your education. You’re a Pureblood, Elijah; you should know when and when not to speak. Pretend all you like to be a shining example to your sister but you can just about dress yourself – that is the only example you set for her. You, my boy, are in shambles now get your scrawny little arse up that corridor and apologize before I start practicing spells on you.”

Elijah’s hand was still clenched against his cheek and Viktor regarded him coldly, paying no attention to way his son’s chest heaved or the way his eyes shone in thinly-veiled fear. Viktor moved to draw his wand again and Elijah bolted out of the room, only just remembering to pick up his things before leaving. It was near impossible to force his textbook into his bag so once again Elijah hugged it to his broad chest as he looked around the hall in search of Khaat’s retreating figure. When he found her he called out her name and began to slide through the crowds milling around and commuting from one part of the hospital to another.

“Khaat - hey! Please, stop, just...for a second.” Elijah’s hand came down on the woman’s shoulder in a hope to still her in the hallway. “I’m sorry. I was tactless, I know, but I don’t care what happens to me in the end, honestly. I just wanted to focus on them if I got them back. They’ve had so much upset and all I’ve ever wanted to do is be with them so I felt maybe, if I could get away with it, I could raise them, get them into Hogwarts and then do what I have to do. I could do it in half the time – I know I could – but I’ve missed out on so much already I don’t want to lose any more time with them. Look, half the time, I don’t even attend class. I learn far more off of my own back than I do with those morons that spend more time harassing and provoking the students than they do teaching them. It’s not too good for me, Khaat. I know what I am capable of doing and it is much more than what they expect me to be able to do. I can spend hours in that library and I’ll gather more information than they’d be able to teach in nine months worth of lessons. So maybe a tutor would help – if only to oversee what I am doing. I’m a fast reader and I’m pretty able with a wand if the wand agrees with me. I’ll never be able to transfigure anything that doesn’t turn out fluffy but I can live with that. Goblets with striped tails are more fun without anyway,” Elijah cracked a smile before becoming serious once more.

“I was hasty with what I was saying. I just wanted to communicate that I don’t want to lose any more time with them. I don’t want to waste time on my education. I know that sounds awful but its importance pales in comparison to theirs. I just...I’ve never been interested in my own welfare or how I was going to turn out. I’ve gone with the current. They matter to me and I’d like to sort them before I do anything with myself. I understand that that won’t work. I know that it sounds stupid and I was rude about it. They’re my children, Khaat, they’re my babies. Nothing will ever be as important as they are to me. That’s why I didn’t want to go on with it. I just wanted them back and I wanted to raise them. Is that too much to ask – to raise my own children? I know I went the wrong way about asking for it and I know I was stupid to think I could. Micah’s guidance would help free up my time – not hinder me. I know this but I jumped at the chance of being their father twenty-four/seven. I didn’t want to revert back to being a student again – even if it was for a few hours a day. I will do it though if it means I can have them. I will do a course on something ridiculous and useless and get an ‘O’ if it means I can keep them, Khaat.”

“I’m an idiot though aren’t I? I didn’t know how I was supposed to move heaven and earth to get them back with me. I was in the process of sorting my head out. They didn’t even enter my mind until I saw a woman pushing her children on a round-a-bout. Then I remembered them. I remembered similar days in parks or in small villages where I could just spend time with them. I remembered how Chase took them without a second thought. It was agonising to have to re-live that again but I didn’t know where to begin. I’m going to be honest with you here – you didn’t even enter my mind when I was going through ways of getting them back. I was drawing blanks. I didn’t want to accept defeat but I had no choice. They were long gone, how was I supposed to trace them? I would have gone and gotten them myself if I’d know where to look, Khaat, I promise you. I would have done everything in my power to get them back but you see...I didn’t have any power. I don’t have any power. This,”

Elijah produced his wand from his pocket and promptly snapped the offending piece of wood. He tossed it into one of the bins and looked at Khaat, utter seriousness marring his face.

“It’s useless. I’ll pop down to Ollivander’s in a bit and get a new one. I couldn’t even light a fire with that sodding thing, let alone do anything else. I actually feel a lot better now.” He admitted shyly, reaching up to grasp the back of his neck. “Father was impatient while the wand maker was home. He ushered him away before we found the right one. Look, I didn’t think you would be able to help. I barely recalled you when it counted. I am sorry I am a selfish little shit but I feel a little bit delicate right now. I don’t feel all that great in myself, okay? I’ll admit that much. I feel fine in my mind but I just feel suffocated. It might be the lack of fresh air or a nicotine withdrawal symptom – I don’t know. Just know that I would never endanger my children. You should know that. I am not going to let them grow up on the basis of ignorance. They’re both sensible. They realise that their father is a complete and utter twat – for lack of a better word – and Merlin knows they’re going to turn out better than I ever will. They have their own minds anyway but you know I’m as good as gold when I’m with them. I know you’re angry and I know I’ve ballsed up but I’m learning.”

Elijah sighed and ran his hand through his hair, his fingers scraping angrily at his scalp.

“I woke up that first time afterwards hating what I’d become. I regained the memories and I felt sick. There’s no old Elijah and there’s certainly no new Elijah. He and I are the same. I’m not me and he’s not him because we’re both each other. Aspects of him come through every now and then I want to repress those traits – really I do – because I am disgusted by them. I don’t know how to change myself, Khaat, but I can recognise that the only time I was ever good...that I ever saw accomplishment was in them because I succeeded with them. I was doing something right. I hate what I became and I hate the fact that I’m going back there. I feel it even now as I stand there. I’m desperate to sidle over to that pretty little blonde down the hall and flirt my little arse off. If I succeeded then I’d wander further up and try my luck with the young intern. I want to go out and get absolutely pissed. I am desperate for a cigarette. I am a mess. My father is right. But I can be better. I know I can. I just need...help.”

Elijah rubbed his hand across his face. He’d said he didn’t want help. He said he didn’t want anyone making decisions for him. He didn’t want to have people helping him. He needed it though.

“I need them.” Elijah whispered. “They were for a long time the only reason I was still here. The only reason I’m here now alive is because I want to understand myself. I want to understand myself and find a reason to carry on. They were my reason to carry on. They still are my reason to carry on. I need them, Khaat. I need them as much as I need air and I know I should have moved the world for them but I didn’t know how! I will do anything to have them though...to keep them. I would do anything – anything at all – to see them home again, to see them snuggled down in their beds where they belong. Okay? I will do anything for that. I will do it, Khaat. Just...give me a chance. I’m just...I don’t even know anymore.”

(I don't know why Khaat is in a corridor but SHE IS NOW! xD)
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours - Page 3 Empty Re: You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:10 am

OOC: I don't know how she got in the the hallway either but I'm good with it. HAHAHAHAHA

Khaat stopped when she heard Eli hailing her and when she felt his hand on her shoulder. She wasn't exactly sure whether it surprised her or not. Well, the fact that he wanted to talk to her was not a surprise. He and Viktor wanted the kids. She hadn't quite expected them to rally so fast that there would be a second chapter to this today. Nevertheless, when Eli touched her shoulder, she grew angry at herself because she could feel that stone facade she had worked so hard to put between the two of them melting faster than ice cubes in Hell. She turned to face him. She looked at the bleeding wound on his cheek and she couldn't help herself She laid her hand lovingly on his cheek and healed the wound for him as she listened to his words.

She sighed heavily. "I am so pissed with myself," she said softly. "I don't know why I can't stay angry with you, but I just don't have it in me. And you know it far too well for my likings at the moment. What in the world do I do with you?" Her voice was soft now, exasperated. All Eli really had to do was to be himself around her, and Khaat was willing to give him the entire world if she could. Her question had been a bit rhetorical, and she guessed that maybe a part of his words were designed to continue to try to get him what he wanted, but he'd already drilled a hole back in her heart where she had just tried to evict him out of.

"I have seen you with Fauve and Thierry. And I meant it when I said you were wonderful with them. You truly are," she said. "But here is the reality to parenting, and this is the way we all work--not just you. If you don't take care of your own needs first, then you will never be at your best with them or anyone else. And the only thing your kids will get from you are the leftovers of your emotional junk when you're done with the pieces of it that you can't give up. If you want your kids to ever get your best, then you have to address yourself first. When you do that, then you have the best of yourself to pass on to them and not just the emotional wreckage that is the only thing you have left for them. So, if you're going to do this right, you take care of yourself first. The second part of that is that when you do that, when you take care of yourself first so that you always, always give them your best, you rolemodel for them how to live in a healthy way and how to be a healthy, mature and responsible adult and parent. Does that make even a remote bit of sense?

"I also know some things that you don't know. Ministry intelligence suggests that Hogwarts is becoming increasingly dangerous. I don't want you involved with that. Not if I can protect you from it. But, I'm not supposed to tell you that. We never had this part of the conversation. Understand? I don't believe you are in danger in England per se. Not so much. Not yet. If I see that you or the kids would be, you know I would be the first to send you home to Bulgaria or to Paris or whatever little corner of the world would keep you safe." She had seen him snap the wand. She took the pieces from him and examined it.

"Looks to me like your core went bad, but I'm not a wand maker," she said. "Leave this with me, and I'll get you something truly worthy of someone with your artistic talents. I want to." She kissed his forehead softly and tucked the broken pieces of the wand into her pocket. "I can understand that you feel suffocated. Maybe I can help there--if you like. How would you feel about getting away from everything and everyone for a few days? I have an idea that will satisfy your need for some space and also appease that whole great freaking posse of people that seem to need to follow you to watch every piss you take. You are not a twat. Stop that. You're talking about someone I love very, very much. And I am allowed to get angry with you at least once."

She thought a long, long moment. "Alright. I'll go back to the proverbial negotiating table with you. You know I want you to have Fauve and Thierry. They love you and I know they miss you. Its not like I am not going to have my own issues soon. Between Abbey, Dakota and these two that are coming--whatever they are--I"m going to have four in diapers all at the same time. I don't need to have 2 more in order to feel like I will have the patter of little feet under my roof.

"I want you to finish your education so that you can keep yourself and your kids alive. However, I have a couple things that I could use your help with--things only you can do--that would really help me a good deal. So--I will keep an open mind if you will. Shall we go back to my office and try to work this out?"

She turned around and headed back towards her office. As she passed Viktor, she looked up at him, gave him a half smiled and said to him. "That was a dirty trick, Viktor. You knew I could never resist him. That just was totally unfair. But, let's go back and try it again, shall we?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Elijah couldn’t help but smile boyishly at Khaat when he realised that he’d won her back over. He leaned down and kissed her on the cheek. He chuckled lightly and shrugged his shoulders at her, his cheeks reddening a little. He rubbed his hands together and cupped them around his mouth. He expelled air into his palms and rubbed his hands together once more before looking down at Khaat and smiling sheepishly. He shrugged his shoulders once more and his cheeks darkened in colour. He averted his eyes bashfully and looked about the hallway, hoping to avoid the embarrassment he was feeling. He’d won her over but he’d cheated and she’d inadvertently called him out on it. He didn’t feel guilty but he knew he’d not played the hand the way he should have done. Still, he wasn’t about to complain, not if he’d won her back.

“I understand,” Elijah murmured when she’d finished her bit on how his welfare was just as important as Fauve’s and Thierry’s. “I just...I don’t worry about me as much as I do them. A shower and something to eat usually sorts me out. I will sort myself out though. I’ll do something. If it helps, I haven’t had a cigarette in weeks and quite frankly, it’s killing me.” Elijah added the last part with an optimistic smile. “I’ve decided that I’ll either crack and have one or I buy some of those crazy nicotine patches Muggles use. I know which one I’d rather choose but I don’t think it’ll do me much good somehow. So...I think I’ll do the latter.” Elijah ran a hand through his hair before smirking. “Okay, I’ll have one – two, tops – then I’ll buy some patches.”

Of course, there were more things on Elijah’s mind than nicotine – which was rare. Tobacco had been in reach most of the day and yet he’d stayed away. He didn’t know how but he just knew that he didn’t want it. Well, he wanted it but he didn’t need it. He was above his vices, now – or at least, Elijah liked to think he was. He didn’t know anymore. The only thing he seemed to understand was that he didn’t want to be what he’d been before. He didn’t want to be someone who needed sex, cigarettes and red wine to function. He wanted to do something good with himself. He had had enough of Krum politics and he’d had enough of the family, pulling his strings like a puppet. He wanted his freedom. He wanted to find somewhere far away and just live there with his babies. He wanted to get married and add more to the brood. He just...he wanted to live his own way. He didn’t care whether the ‘Head of the Family’ title went to Georgio or not – he just didn’t care.

“I live there too y’know,” Elijah quipped before smirking. “I know what’s going on there, Khaat, and I hate it. I was safer in Durmstrang and they spend eight lessons on the Unforgivable Curses – making sure students know them all inside out. I would like to take them out of Britain. Bulgaria is not necessarily their home as it certainly isn’t mine but I would like to make my own place somewhere for us to live. I don’t want to wait until war breaks out, Khaat. I don’t want to take that chance. You of all people can appreciate that can’t you?”

“I don’t mind them following me,” Elijah replied awkwardly. “It’s really only Harry. He’s compensating. He still thinks I’m upset because he’s got himself a life. I think he thinks too highly of himself.” Elijah shrugged one shoulder. “Still, he’ll get over it. He’s getting married in December. I think he feels bad. He has a terrible taste in women – she’s a hag – but hey, she’s a pretty face.” Elijah frowned a little before running a hand through his hair. “It’s okay. I know I need to find a wand that’ll pick me. I can’t have people picking wands for me – or even me picking my own. It’s never worked that way – I should know not to play with the Gods.”

Elijah followed Khaat down the hallway and looked at his father who was unable to keep the smug smirk off of his face. He reached out to Elijah when the boy came close, and wiped away some of the blood. He murmured his apology and pushed Elijah on his way back into the room before looking innocently at Khaat.

“Learn to play the cards life has dealt you with, sweetheart.” He joked.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top