Beginning of the end? - Page 24
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Beginning of the end? - Page 24 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Beginning of the end?

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beginning of the end? - Page 24 Empty Re: Beginning of the end?

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:17 pm

After seeing most of the death eaters off school property, Thaor returned to where Jess, Robert, and Grindlewald were gathered. Last I saw Doyle, he was playing with Fiendfire near the castle. Thaor informed Robert. And thats a tall order for the order there Robert. Thaor said with a chuckle. They both knew the Order hasn't listened to the ministry for years. Which you think would have changed since Robert became minister, he was a member of the Order.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:56 pm

"Figures," Robert rolled his eyes at the thought of a headmaster deciding to cast a Fiendfyre within spitting distance of a school or of students. He knew Jess had not been counting on being dictated to. he was more accustomed to giving the orders. Not the reverse. But Robert had his reasons. He valued Jess and the other Order members. He didn't want long term division. But he wasn't turning his back on Grindlewald. No more than Grindlewald would be fool enough to turn his back on Robert.

"Thaor," Robert said. "See to the students. We need the grounds to be evacuated and students sent home to their families. I'd say the school year is officially over. Until we find Doyle, you might want to send some owls to parents alerting them whether their children are on their way home or on their way to the hospital. I'd like the name of the deceased, please. We'll talk to the parents personally."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Gellert Grindelwald Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:18 am

Grindelwals closed his eyes and shook his head at Jess' words, before saying in a quiet voice- that somehow everyone could still hear perfectly- "I did not come here to make enemies, only to find peace. If you would like to stand against me, even though you claim to want peace, I will not try to convince you otherwise." He was beginning to find Jess Potter to be a lost cause.

The Minister addressed him next and he bowed a head. "I have no more authority over them then Jess does. You are there Minister, however, I can ask them." He turned to the Death Eaters. "Cut your losses- I speak from experience, it is time to go home." He turned back to the Minister, "I would suggest to stay and assist but I see my presence is not enthusiastically welcome. I would like to work with you on securing Ministry control of Hogwarts. I hope we may be able to speak in the future."
Gellert Grindelwald
Gellert Grindelwald

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:31 am

"Your reputation preceeds you, Grindelwald," Robert said, not intending on rekindling the fire. "As I am quite sure a man like yourself would have anticipated." So--the man did play chess after all. This could well be interesting. He had no intention of directly baiting his opponent. Robert had other things on his mind. Besides that, any powerful wizard would not be led into defeat on his first outing if he was worth his salt. No, Robert wanted to see a bit more of how Grindlewald intended to play this out. Furthermore, the sight of so many wounded and dead on a school grounds was appauling to Robert and everything he believed in.

"The magic we need the most right at the moment is an assortment of healing spells. But the Minister's office is in the same place it has always been. It does appear that a conversation between the two of us does seem to be in order, although this hardly seems like the place or the time," Robert said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:49 am

Kingsley was quite confused of what was going on, but he was certain of one thing, Grindelwald did not wish for peace. This was just one of his schemes to retake power, and only the order stood in his way. So Kingsley was not moving from where he stood. Of the old order, everyone was dead, except himself. It was left to him to protect the Wizarding World now, and he would not fail.

Hearing his words, Shacklebolt turned to Robert, unable to contain his fury. Follow the Ministry orders? "Lupin, who do you think you are? To command us and question our honour?" he said furiously. He had gotten along well with Robert Lupin once upon a time, but his attitude here was not pleasing. "You should be thanking us, not threatening. If we had not risked our lives, many more students would have died." Kingsley forced himself to calm down though, this was a time for clear thinking. "The order has protected the Wizarding World for over half a century now. Who better to help the school recover then us? I am certainly not going to leave the school in care of an ex-death eater," he added, giving a glance at Jens direction, who seemed bored at best. Death Eaters head of law enforcement. Majere and Narcissa Malfoy in the Wizengamot, and Lupins in the power positions. He did not like what Robert had done with the ministry.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:01 am

"Excuse me one moment," Robert said to Grindelwald, not liking the position Shacklebolt was putting him in. He resisted the temptation to turn the former headmaster into a cricket and let him spend the rest of his old age in a bug jar in Robert's own potions lab, but he resisted.

"Do you mind?" He hissed in Shacklebolt's direction. He walked out of earshot of the new wizard in town. Then he turned to Shacklebolt. "Look," he hissed, "I am not your enemy. Whatever else you think, I want the same things you do. We still have the same common goals. I know all about Order history, and we've been on the same side for a very long time. As for me, you can think I'm an ass all you like. I've worked a long time practicing to make people believe that's what I am. You should know all about masks and surface appearances. There will be time for resolving Ministry and Order differences later. Right now, we have bigger issues. I suggest you turn your attentions to Gellert Grindelwald over there and drop this. If you want to talk about my decision making, you know where to find me. I have some rather unconventional reasons for why I've done what I've done. Can we get back to the real threat here now for just two minutes please?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:14 am

Kingsley Shacklebolt was a straight forward person. Though he had been involved in politics, he had never learned the two faced approach most politiians learned. He had never resorted to the lying, cheating and manupilation that happened in the ministry, and becuase of his distaste of those things, he had left the ministers position for a simple rank as headmaster of hogwarts. Robert did not seem like that, he was a more tricky person, Shacklebolt decided. But he was not going to leave this matter for the ministry to handle. Robert was a doubtful ally at best, and Shacklebolt had never been one to trust others completely, especially not politicians.

"Robert, I don't know what your planning, but I am not in the mood to listen to you negotiate with one such as Grindelwald," he replied curtly. "I may not be so accustomed to these games you play, but I know this: Grindelwald wants the order gone from here for a reason, and I don't like it. So I am staying, even if the rest leave." He realized he was being stubborn, past the point of sense, but he wasn't going to fail Hogwarts again. "I entrusted Hogwarts with the ministry once before too, if you recall..." he added, referring to the time Majere had taken over.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 am

"Oh, hell," Robert sighed. "Stay if it makes you feel better, but I'm not blind. And I am not stupid. Brush up on your chess game and other games of strategy, and you'll find that out for yourself. Grindelwald did not ask the Order to leave. I did. I asked for anyone who was not Hogwarts staff or Ministry staff to leave. And I am in the process of getting the students out. If you want to be of help, you could help get them out of here to the carriages so the thestrals can get them to the train station and then home. They might well feel much more calm and less traumatized if they see a familiar face about now. You were well liked when you were headmaster. Use that to minimize some of the emotional scars on the students--please. I didn't ask for this battle any more than you did, but you could be of great help to the students, if you'd consider doing that.

"And, in case you weren't here, Grindlewald was on that eviction list as well. I'm not siding with him. And, for the record, I don't trust Majere either. I don't know where Khaat stands in regards to him anymore, but if you want to make a difference, then take the open spot on the Wizengamot. Narcissa Malfoy's slot is vacant, and for very obvious reasons, I prefer to have people around Khaat that I would trust her safety to. She trusts you, and my brother trusted you. That's good enough for me. If you want to make a difference, go see Khaat and take that position."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:44 am

Brush up on his chase game? Well he had never quite been a player. He was too duty bound and honorable to play these games. These games, which required lying, cheating and other things which Shacklebolt was just unable to do. Robert was right in one thing though, the students needed help, and it surely wasn't about to come from the ministry. They would be taken to St.Mungos, but Kingsley wanted to help anyways. Still, there were a couple of matters to complete here, and Kingsley would not leave until Grindelwald was gone too.

If Doyle had not cast Fiendfyre over his own castle, Kingsley would have had an easy side to stand by. But the fool had, so he could not argue that Hogwarts be left in his control completely. "This is hardly the time for job offers Robert, but I must refuse anyways..." Shacklebolt replied with cool courtesy. "I have no intention of serving in a Ministry that has brought dementors back and is infested with Death Eaters and disloyal members. Sorry. Oh, and if you want to have trustworthy people around your daughter, you should consider firing Majere first, then the Dents, and every other ex-death eater you employed."

"I commend your efforts in helping the students, but I don't quite see why we must leave. We are merely protecting the castle. If you want to banish your protection, then you are a fool." Shacklebolt was not taking his eyes of Grindelwald. Robert might be smart, but Grindelwald could outsmart him. And besides, the ministry was surrounded by his ambitious aurors, who could sell him out for some more power. He was hardly safe, which was why Kingsley was remaining here.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gellert Grindelwald Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:50 am

Grindelwald divulged a small smile and said, "Healing has never been my strong suit, and I would not want to get in anyone's way. I understand our meeting is not best left to now, I will be in contact with you." Another man spoke up and Grindelwald watched in interest. The minister excused himself and Grindelwald nodded, smiling politely, watching with interest.

There was a wedge being driven between the Ministry and the Order- people would be taking their sides soon enough, and Grindelwald was planning on making it clear he was with the Ministry. For now, he would be a diplomat. He was glad to see the Minister drawing a clear line and Grindelwald sensed that it was time for him to exeunt before his presence caused much more strife.

He stepped towards the minister and bowed his head towards both men, "I apologize for intruding, but I am leaving now." He turned towards the minister and said, "I will be contacting you soon for that meeting. I look forward to speaking with you more." He turned back to face everyone else, before smiling. "Go home, everyone." And with that, he disappeared in a flash of purple light.
Gellert Grindelwald
Gellert Grindelwald

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top