Plot Event # 1 - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Plot Event # 1 - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Plot Event # 1

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Plot Event # 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Plot Event # 1

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Mon May 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Something just tells me, whatever u judge it by, the long writers are gonna win >_>
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 823

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon May 23, 2011 10:42 pm

Yes, but Long writers help themselves, not the people responding (In most cases that I see, that's just a personal opinion.)

And like I said, the Order will pull out, or push forward when something happens IC to cause it to happen.

However if you're able to get the entire site behind your back on that idea Keith, I suppose we'd go for it, I wont shut anything off completely.

And yes, when the school resumes, I think Slytherin will be broken up.

How does the 3rd sound for a date, or would this weekend be better? I think starting things on a Friday is better personally, as people have the weekend to start it off.

Or we could start it in the middle of the week with the DF/PA Battle, then the Order rushes in, sensing weakness, and then DEs arrive, does that sound like a decent idea?
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Robbins Wed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Keith Nicholas wrote:

Overall writing quality doesn't mean length. Personally I would nominate Selwyn (Liss?) as one of the judges for that precise reason as he/she doesn't believe in longer posts. The balance it out with someone who traditionally posts longer (maybe Amelia, I don't know) and then someone to round it all out.

I don't not believe in longer posts. I mean, Amelia's posts are long and they're really interesting. You can tell she puts a lot of thought into her character. I dislike long posts that are long and boring.

So... I'm kinda biased on that point. I mean, I've written 1500 word posts that were probably only interesting for me before.
Sara Robbins
Sara Robbins

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed May 25, 2011 10:41 pm

Wilson refuses to lock the school down or disband slytherin's as it's not in his character to do so.

I'm being nice and not making him to it, but it just means that I can't let tension brew for awhile, as I have two weeks before school goes out, and the whole aim of this battle is to have students and grads doing something together, and everyone to be involved in some way.

So yes, this will have to happen as soon as the PA/DF thing begins to go uncontrollable.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Thu May 26, 2011 12:28 am

It won't go uncontrollable under my watch!

Ooooh look, a button!
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Thu May 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Mercutio Cambiare wrote:
Keith Nicholas wrote:

Overall writing quality doesn't mean length. Personally I would nominate Selwyn (Liss?) as one of the judges for that precise reason as he/she doesn't believe in longer posts. The balance it out with someone who traditionally posts longer (maybe Amelia, I don't know) and then someone to round it all out.

I don't not believe in longer posts. I mean, Amelia's posts are long and they're really interesting. You can tell she puts a lot of thought into her character. I dislike long posts that are long and boring.

So... I'm kinda biased on that point. I mean, I've written 1500 word posts that were probably only interesting for me before.

I spoke poorly. You provide better explanation of what kind of judges we would need - just because someone writes a really long post, doesn't mean it's necessarily better.

Unfortunately, people here seem to be so convinced that length = quality that something like that's not going to happen.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu May 26, 2011 10:18 pm

Why don't we just tell people to be realistic, and let it unfold naturally, if the Order wins then I'll work the plot around that, if the DEs win I'll work it around that, and if Hogwarts somehow becomes neutral, I'll work around that. Just tell people that if you're fighting someone for ages and you're not getting hurt at all you're a crappy RPer, and the leaders of the factions can be responsible for withdrawing or pushing forward?

I've grown sick of planning things out, really having fun free forming.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri May 27, 2011 1:17 am

Well and if any mods/admins/veterans/leaders realize people are RPing unrealistically, they should know to politely notify them. That should be common practice.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat May 28, 2011 5:03 am

Exactly, so with peer pressure, and decent RPers being in the topic and able hold the sway of the battle, merely by being realistic themselves, then the winner should become clear through time.

And thank you Selwyn Smile
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top