Plot Event # 1
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Plot Event # 1 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Plot Event # 1

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Plot Event # 1 Empty Plot Event # 1

Post by Jess Potter Fri May 20, 2011 6:06 am

Well, the first real officially plot related thing, we have had a few little odds and ends around which are heavily plot oriented, but this is the first topic as a result of the plot which will involve most people.

Anyway, onto what it is.

I would like to throw some ideas into the pit about an upcoming battle at Hogwarts. The Order is on edge and the recent actions of Sandra in relation to the death of Sage has pushed them over their boundaries, causing them to consider taking over Hogwarts.

As it stands I don't think that the DEs would win, even with the aid of the DF, against both the Order and PA, however the DEs hold a power that they could utilise to fight off the Order - attacking innocent students, and of course the master of crime himself.

I personally would like the Order to go in, guns blazing, be knocked back and then the DEs realise that Hogwarts isn't worth it and give it back its neutrality. That's just something I toyed with the idea of.

And I know that the DEs don't make up much/any of the staff right now, however we can easily say that NPC DEs had been guarding the school, if need be, it's really up to you guys on that, but I think that the unrest brewing between student groups and the unrest between Order and DEs should culminate in something massive like this. It also sets a good staging point for Grindy's revelation

So share some ideas on how you'd like this to go, but don't plan out the topic, some free form RPing would be nice for this
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Plot Event # 1 Empty Re: Plot Event # 1

Post by Damon Ambrojze Sat May 21, 2011 1:13 am

I think we need to take the Dark Follower plot into consideration as well. It's not just that Sage was killed, it's that the students are preying on each other. So how do you get rid of that?

Perhaps Doyle brings in some of the more official members of the Order to raise security. Hogwarts institutes anti-bullying policies. Maybe students suspected of picking on their peers have to undergo mandatory counselling. Or perhaps the teachers are beginning to think Slytherin is too much of a liability, so they distribute Slytherins into the other houses.

I've basically been operating under the assumption that the Death Eaters aren't holding Hogwarts, because Thaor is the only staff member, and he's not active.

Besides, Sage wasn't in the school when she was killed, so lock down where the students can go. Maybe have, like, a month where students aren't allowed further than Hogsmeade, and then only with teacher supervision or something.
Damon Ambrojze
Damon Ambrojze

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat May 21, 2011 1:25 am

Hmph.

This is all true, the Death Eaters have let us down phenomenally in regards to their control of Hogwarts. But does that mean that we should simply ignore it? Hmmm. The problem with that is that the rest of the staff (So Wilson and his bunch) are all operating under the assumption that the Death Eaters are controlling Hogwarts, even if not through classes, and the Order is too. However if everyone wants to just admit that the stage of Death Eater control is over and keep going, that'd be fine, I just want a few opinions on that before we do it though, so as to not irritate anyone.

And yes, I was planning on working the DF and PA plot in as well, the battle between them was a possible launching point for the battle, in that Wilson would message the Order saying that Hogwarts was in battle. That was just a thought anyway.

As for the Doyle actions. If we are going to accept that Hogwarts is no longer a DE controlled location then yes, that could be a good idea, the beefing security thing I mean.

And taking Slytherin out of the picture Twisted Evil that could be be interesting.

I think regardless of whether or not there is a battle, Hogwarts should be placed under lockdown, at least limiting students to Hogsmeade.

Good ideas, certainly good for adding an extra view into the mix.

Though I still would like a battle, but if no one else does I'm happy to put that thought to rest.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Sat May 21, 2011 2:27 am

OMG I WANT A BATTLE SO EFFIN BADLY, I support ur idea Very Happy
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 823

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Ambrojze Sat May 21, 2011 2:29 am

Oh, I think a battle would still happen. But maybe let things get a little more chaotic first?
Damon Ambrojze
Damon Ambrojze

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Sat May 21, 2011 2:38 am

ooh chaos, chaos is good Very Happy
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat May 21, 2011 3:45 am

Mmm, so that it reaches a point where the situation cannot be ignored?
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat May 21, 2011 4:26 am

I'm trying to get the hostage situation to turn to a faction battle. Jack, Sam, and Brayden run to Ari who transforms. His howling attracts DFs and hostages alike, they all break out into fighting. They could eventually move it from the forest if Ari gets irritable or other werewolves show up (I can bring Naomi in... I think I want her to have been transformed) and they start fighting in the school. The DEs take the chance to invade and the Order is right behind, trying to stop it...
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sat May 21, 2011 4:53 am

Well that's what I was planning on doing, but Selwyn's idea does carry a good deal of merit with it.

Maybe if the DF PA Thing escalated now, then there was the big battle, no one wins and Doyle locks down Hogwarts after that, thus making everyone go a bit stir crazy?
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Sat May 21, 2011 5:04 am

Jaquellene "Jack" Dyllan wrote:I'm trying to get the hostage situation to turn to a faction battle. Jack, Sam, and Brayden run to Ari who transforms. His howling attracts DFs and hostages alike, they all break out into fighting. They could eventually move it from the forest if Ari gets irritable or other werewolves show up (I can bring Naomi in... I think I want her to have been transformed) and they start fighting in the school. The DEs take the chance to invade and the Order is right behind, trying to stop it...

woah woah woah, I think thats a little too chaotic Jack. I mean how would anybody get that under control. If u call the order, than the death eaters show up, and this "war" will just be mayhem of deaths and such. I think there should be a strategy from the death eaters/dark followers and a defense from the order/PA .
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum