Plot Event # 1 - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Plot Event # 1 - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Plot Event # 1

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Plot Event # 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Plot Event # 1

Post by Sandra Archer Sat May 21, 2011 5:09 am

Truth be told, at this point Sandra has abandon the idea of a "standard" war and shifted more to terror tactics. She's not the leader of the DEs anymore, but if worst came to worst and the Order marched in she'd do her best to convince the DEs to burn Hogwarts to the ground - it's too big of a symbol to go untouched.

However, not all of Hogwarts has to be destroyed - maybe certain sections could be temporarily closed off.
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sat May 21, 2011 5:20 am

That's what battles are Xem, chaotic, are they not. Besides, with neither group having a foothold in the castle, there's no proper way to plan a defence, and then the grounds for battle would be completely unrealistic, however if we use the escalation there is a decent background for the battle, and a very plausible one.

As for burning the school, have fun with that : D
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun May 22, 2011 10:16 pm

End of the school year is fast approaching, we could finish with the battle.

And if we did that we could start the lockdown, not sure what that'd do for the summer camp though :/

Just an idea.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Sun May 22, 2011 11:08 pm

Samuel Grigori wrote:That's what battles are Xem, chaotic, are they not. Besides, with neither group having a foothold in the castle, there's no proper way to plan a defence, and then the grounds for battle would be completely unrealistic, however if we use the escalation there is a decent background for the battle, and a very plausible one.

As for burning the school, have fun with that : D

Battles are chaotic, but to an extent. If everyones just fighting who's gonna calm them down. It'll be a war with no ending which is definitely something we don't want right ? Think of it this way, The west hemisphere of the world vs the east hemisphere. If there was ever a battle like that no one would be able to calm anyone down
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 823

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Mon May 23, 2011 12:53 am

It's easy - you choose a certain number (3 probably) of judges who are good writers and you can trust to be impartial, and then have the judge the battle based on activity and overall writing quality. Whoever they choose wins.

It's better than deciding the winner beforehand at least.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Ambrojze Mon May 23, 2011 5:24 am

I thought a war with no ending was what we did want? I thought that's what this site was all about. I thought the whole goal here was to create a huge war so that all you people who are obsessed with your characters having "battles" would be able to do it. War is full of battles.
Damon Ambrojze
Damon Ambrojze

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon May 23, 2011 6:54 am

Mmm, but there are millions of people in the western and eastern world societies, and only about a hundred on PA.

And yes, we do want a fully inclusive war, otherwise people get left out of the plot, the whole Idea of this was to include everyone, was it not? Because we're constantly in trouble for leaving Hogwarts or grads out of plots >>

And finally I'm not basing an IC thing off and OOC thing like writing, that's not how this works. A one hundred word post where someone dies will have a far bigger effect on my character than a 1000 word post where someone thinks about casting a spell.

I think this one will come down to tactics and good character, imo.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Mon May 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Great, that's pretty much everything I've been ignoring.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon May 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Long posts aren't only for those who read them, they help the writers too, Muffin.

Can we break up Slytherin house? I haven't got any ideas on it really but I think it's a good idea. :3
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Mon May 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Jess Potter wrote:Mmm, but there are millions of people in the western and eastern world societies, and only about a hundred on PA.

And yes, we do want a fully inclusive war, otherwise people get left out of the plot, the whole Idea of this was to include everyone, was it not? Because we're constantly in trouble for leaving Hogwarts or grads out of plots >>

And finally I'm not basing an IC thing off and OOC thing like writing, that's not how this works. A one hundred word post where someone dies will have a far bigger effect on my character than a 1000 word post where someone thinks about casting a spell.

I think this one will come down to tactics and good character, imo.

Overall writing quality doesn't mean length. Personally I would nominate Selwyn (Liss?) as one of the judges for that precise reason as he/she doesn't believe in longer posts. The balance it out with someone who traditionally posts longer (maybe Amelia, I don't know) and then someone to round it all out.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top