Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary. - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary. - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary.

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary. - Page 4 Empty Re: Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary.

Post by Louis Weasley1 Thu May 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Louis stopped his Lumos, he looked at Andrew, James, and Jess. He heard from Jess who was introducing James,"James.........Weasley." Then Jess shot an apologetic smile to Louis."Hey Andrew. And hey-" Louis looked over at James. "Bro." He said. He hadn't seen his other family in awhile, Victorie was God-knows-where, or Rose, Dominique, Hugo, Albus, or his grandparents. s. He was saddened. He hadn't even met his Uncle. He looked over at Andrew,
Louis Weasley1
Louis Weasley1
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 490

Back to top Go down

Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary. - Page 4 Empty Re: Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary.

Post by James Sirius Potter Thu May 05, 2011 2:51 pm

"This is Andrew, one of the more recent victims of this terrible war,"

"Hey".

James said scratching the back of his head. Victim of the war, James wondered how much the boy had lost as he stood from his chair and stretched. He grabbed a pair of what looked like...well he didn't know what the hell they were. There was cheese, bacon, some other strange looking meat all rolled up but food was food and he ate three while everyone introduced themselves.

"James eh? Well it's nice to meet you. May I ask who has passed away?"

James froze mid mouthful and looked up at Andrew. He felt a flair of anger surge inside him.

Passed away....

James didn't often look at it that way. He didn't like to think of his father as the hero who gave his life for the wizarding world and his family. No his father was selfish, he went and got himself killed leaving his family behind.

"No ....... one," James said slowly after swallowing a mouth of food, "Important".

He had been in this situations many times. He didn't want sympathy, he had enough of it over the years.

"Nobody I knew," James said with a shrug, and he did not lie, he could not remember his father. Andrew seemed like a pretty cool guy though so letting go of his anger he gave him a smile.

He shot Jess a sidelong look, he had heard the man's comment before about bearing the Potter name. It occurred to James right there that they seemed quite alike in that very moment. Which didn't really bother James that much, Jess was the leader of the Order, James figured he'd have a hard time becoming a member. As he turned around to grab a drink the world spun and he ended up crashing into a series of three chairs.

Everybody would know he had been drinking now.

"Son of a".

He spat, getting on his feet.

"Sorry".

He mumbled swaying.

The day had been harder on him that he had thought

(( Sorry if theres some typo's I don't have my glasses on me))
James Sirius Potter
James Sirius Potter

Number of posts : 31
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Weasley1 Thu May 05, 2011 4:26 pm

((You forgot to mention me.. but ok))
Louis Weasley1
Louis Weasley1
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Thu May 05, 2011 4:42 pm

"Nah," Andrew said to Sam, "He's not actually my guardian. But I never hear from my guardian. My guardian lives next door to Robert, which is how I met him. Robert just took over when my guardian...got busy, I guess. Robert makes sure I have everything I need, and, well, most of what I want. Not everything, though."

"It would not be good for you to have everything you wanted," Robert laughed. "Thats never good for anybody. However, I do understand that Honeydukes is a necessity when you're in Hogwarts. Andrew and I are planning on going to some professional quidditch matches this summer, You should come if your parents will let you. There is a tournament in Italy that I am particularly interested in. It should be a great deal of fun. As for the weekends, I am fairly sure that your headmaster will permit it whenever you two feel you want to come, so long as your grades are in decent shape and your homework is all caught up. We do have a few things you might like to do."

"The hypogryff is the coolest," Andrew said. "I like riding him. The unicorns are okay, but the hypogryff is a lot better."

"My wife has a hobby of raising magical creatures," Robert shrugged. "My job is to raise the crops to feed her magical creatures."

"Robert," Andrew asked, "could I have a few exttra sickles this week?"

"You arent' sneaking out again, are you?"

"If you dont ask me, I won't have to lie," Andrew grinned at Robert. Robert dug in his pocked and handed over a few more sickles.

"Just don't get caught," Robert smiled, unable to say no. "Unless, of course, you'd like me to see if Headmaster Doyle would mind my stealling you away for a couple of hours...."

"Minister,...." The aid began to try to prompt him about his prior commitments. Robert waved him to silence.

"Hush," Robert said. "I know my priorities, and right now, Honeydukes may just be moving to the top of my list. Go find yourself something to do." The aid huffed off. "Its up to you two lads," Robert said.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Thu May 05, 2011 9:27 pm

(Khaat, too lazy to send a PM but that whole drug addiction plot has been scrapped. THIS is Matt's return..for like a week xD)

Matt walked out of the crowd and into the drizzle. It felt nice against his head. He held a glass of brandy in his hand. He hand't touched it though, he didn't feel like drinking. He felt a mix of emotions, but none of them were horrible feelings. He felt happy but he also felt a little sadness. The death eaters did a number on the families of the people here. Plus his family made up a large portion of the Death Eaters...you see where I'm going here?

So Matt was happy that nobody had yelled at him or blamed him. But he was sad because his conscious didn't know what the hell to do. Nobody should feel bad for something he didn't do; something his family did. But he shrugged, he enjoyed the quiet though and the rain. He shrugged and took a sip of his brandy, it was warm now.

He just stood there, waiting for someone to come out and say what was up. It was the inevitable, almost like someone was planning his life the same every damn time. But he also guessed that half of the time this writer was making it up as he went along. Which is true..

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu May 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Andrew raised an eyebrow once James appeared to be angry, wondering if he had been very hurt by the death. When he said it was no one important, he decided to leave it at be. He then heard his old friend Louis in the background, saying hello to everyone. But the thing that Andrew could not understand was the fact that Louis called James 'bro'. Yet he had never mentioned him in the time he has known Louis. They were hiding something, but figured that it would be best to not try to find out. "Hey Lou," he said to Louis, smiling slightly "I see we all found each other here then I guess?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Weasley1 Fri May 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Louis looked at Andrew. "Hey Lou," Andrew said to Louis. "I see we all found each other here then I guess?" Andrew said. "I suppose so." Louis laughed. He didn't eat, he didn't think it was right to eat in funerals or memories. He was very sadened at the fact that his Uncle had died at in the battle of Hogwarts. He would've like to meet him.

Louis looked at his watch, wondering if his sistert would show up. He saw that Andrew knew something was up. "Who did you lose, Andy?" Louis asked. He was curious. He thought that Andrew know who Louis lost.
Louis Weasley1
Louis Weasley1
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Fri May 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Sophia Lestrange wrote:Sophia nodded. "I don't eat at funeral also, I think it's disrepsectful."said Sophia softly as she looked around and seen Jess and waved at him. As Mariana asked how she was she shrugged. "I'm doing really good Mari, I'm really happy and life couldn't be bertter for me right now!"said Sophia softly. As she seen Louis coming in she gave him a soft warm smile and waved back at him. "What about you, how are ya?"Sophia asked her softly. Sophia looked around once more and didn't see her sister nor Andrian anywhere around but she did see Khaat so she smiled at her and gave her a friendly wave.

"I'm glad someone shares my opinion." replied Mari after a while. She was looking around and everywhere all the time though she didn't wave or tell hi to anyone apart from Sophia who came to her on her own. "Yeah just look at us. It wouldn't seem that everything what happened, did happen so long time ago. No one would think someone died." she commented thinking on loud now wondering what happened that night when a lot of people lost their lives. "I am f..." she started telling fine when suddenly her eyes spotted someone she did not expect making her stop in the middle of the word. "I am halucinating. Is that who i think it is?" she said looking at Matt's direction hoping he wouldn't spot her. Right now she wasn't sure if she wanted to talk to him. They didn't really sort anything out after some things happened and this was certainly the worst place for that.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sat May 07, 2011 2:14 am

Sophia nodded and smiled. "Were best friends Mari, we have have to have something in common!"said Sophia chuckling. Sophia nodded. "I know so many people lost there lives, it's hard not to think about happened happened on this day."said Sophia softly. As Mari was going to tell her she was fine but she stopped in the middle of her sentence and looked at someone. As she whipped around to see who Mariana was looking at Sophia almost dropped her glass. As Marian asked if she was halucinating Sophia shook her head. "Either me and you both are cause I see him to."saide Sophia softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Malowney Catt Sat May 07, 2011 10:09 am

The funeral was something bad. Funerals? Malowney's thoughts...just ignore them. For now. She decided to hang in the corner and speak to herself, as she was truly and utterly crazy. "Funerals...why did they ever fight in the war? They knew their tragic ends and that was bad enough." She stared at her shoes whilst she talked, and for a while it was just her in the world. But after she blinked everybody appeared back in reality, and they all seemed to be looking at her as if she was crazy. Which she was. Blinking again, she said, "OK...carry on," then walked to get a drink.
Malowney Catt
Malowney Catt
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top