Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary. - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary. - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary.

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary. - Page 3 Empty Re: Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary.

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Wed May 04, 2011 3:30 pm

He had dozes off, definitely, when someone woke him up. He shook his head quickly and then turned to his left in order to see who it was. Oh bloody hells, the light is too bright! He said, turning back quickly. He then remembered it was nighttime and turned back to the left. It was Wilson's girl... that Pippa... something. He remembered and then observed her eccentric wardrobe. He then heard what she had offered him and took the sunglasses. It would seem cool to wear them, so he looked at them and then put them on, looking at the little girl. ''Head of Ravenclaw? Oh yes, right... nah, don't bother yourself. A flower? Wilson's classroom probably needs much more flowers... but, come to think of it, do you also clean and vacuum places? Well, if you want to... conjure a tulip... a red one!'', Doyle said, looking at the small girl.

Then, someone else came. He turned to the other side. It was Khaat. ''I approved of this? Wait, this is on school grounds, isn't it? Oh bloody hell, I should pay attention to the documents I don't pay attention to'', he commented. ''I don't drink. So, you are alive... isn't that... interesting? How's life and... everything?'', he asked.
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Number of posts : 190
Special Abilities : Apparation, Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Non-verbal Magic
Occupation : Owner of Slugs & Jiggers; Potions Master at Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary. - Page 3 Empty Re: Raising a glass to the fallen. 26th Anniversary.

Post by Sophia Granger Wed May 04, 2011 3:39 pm

Sophia nodded. "I don't eat at funeral also, I think it's disrepsectful."said Sophia softly as she looked around and seen Jess and waved at him. As Mariana asked how she was she shrugged. "I'm doing really good Mari, I'm really happy and life couldn't be bertter for me right now!"said Sophia softly. As she seen Louis coming in she gave him a soft warm smile and waved back at him. "What about you, how are ya?"Sophia asked her softly. Sophia looked around once more and didn't see her sister nor Andrian anywhere around but she did see Khaat so she smiled at her and gave her a friendly wave.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 04, 2011 11:17 pm

Khaat laughed at Doyle. She noticed the little flighty student flirting with him, and she was totally amused by how he had coped with the attention.

"Your loss," she shrugged when he declined the firewhiskey. "I don't drink regularly, but it seemed like a good occasion for a toast. I lost a lot of friends that day. And some family. I've opted out of the memorials in past years." She saw Sophia wave at her and she waved back. "Some of my staff," she explained, "And a family friend.

"So tell me, Headmaster, have you met your new workshop presenter yet? I have a feeling that the students in Hogwarts arent' quite ready for the two of you to be in the same building together," she grinned at him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22718
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sirius Potter Thu May 05, 2011 4:42 am

James let out a quiet sigh and sat up a little straighter as he was approached by a rather respectful looking man and it took him a few moments before he realised who it was.

"Well well well, It's been a very long time." "You've grown up, We both have. Tell me, do you remember me?

James raised a single eyebrow.

"Afraid not,"

He said clearing throat and scratching his chin. He knew his breath would smell of vodka so he tried to avoid looking directly at the man.

"But,"

He said giving him a sidelong look, he bet his eyes were glassy as well.

Dammit should have left the moment the ceremony was over

He thought to himself.

"I know who you are and what you do".

He continued.

"Jess.....Potter. You work for the ministry among other...things".

He said, he wasn't sure how secret the order was now days as he never spoke about it to anyone but it was something his mother had told him about many years ago when she first started to telling him about his father. He hoped that would be able to join the order after he graduated.

"I know certain things, comes with being the son if the oh so famous Harry".

He said with a sent of resentment in his voice. Just then one of the Weasly clan came over to him.

"How're you coming along cousin?"

"Fine".

He said shifting in his chair.

"Picked a perfect day to rain huh".

There it was, his deflective humor. Louis seemed like a cool guy, James had often wished he had hung out with him more. Sometimes it boggled James how big his extended family was.

"Have you two met".

He said motioning between Jess and Louis, getting the topic of himself.

TAG:- Jess an Louis
James Sirius Potter
James Sirius Potter

Number of posts : 31
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu May 05, 2011 4:56 am

Andrew listened to Jess for a bit, hearing him discuss his brother. In Andrew's eyes, he wished he would've had the same amount of action. But Danny had been older and he had been...somewhat wiser. Yet regardless, he was still family. Well, was family. Oh well. Before Andrew could say anything else, Jess had taken off to go meet with someone else. The person he had been talking seemed to be within his age group, so he decided to go visit the two. Perhaps he would learn something new. "Mind if I join?" Andrew asked, talking to both Jess and the mysterious person.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu May 05, 2011 7:59 am

Jess noted his cousin's mannerisms as he approached, the straightening, subtle actions around his mouth, he was hiding something, by the looks of it, something which seemed a burden, something he thought that he might understand better than most other people would, for he knew the weight of family history better than most people did, and while their circumstances were certainly different, Jess thought he might recognise that look in one's eye...

It was just a shame that James was avoiding eye contact, though that in itself spoke volumes.

Finally he spoke, James seemed to have mulled over his answer a little before giving it. At first the response was disappointing, he himself felt his body slump as he heard the response, it was sad to know that your own family didn't remember you, but he wasn't too crushed by it. After all, he hadn't really expected James to remember him.

But then he changed his answer, Jess couldn't help but wonder if he'd known all along and had been toying with him, or whether he'd actually only just remembered. Either way Jess did feel happier at the prospect of not fighting a completely uphill battle in trying to connect with his cousin.

"That would be correct," he said with an approving tone, most members of the Order were not as secret about their allegiance as Jess would have liked, he was more than pleased to see that the trait of secrecy and caution that seemed to run through his family had been passed onto James.

Then came what he'd been waiting for.

"Ah," he said slowly, nodding with a thoughtful look on his face, James' response had been laden thick with sarcasm, his instinct had been confirmed. "So," he said, looking up and noting an approaching boy, "I'm not the only one who feels the weight of their surname," he said quickly, standing up to greet the newcomer.

"Yes, Weasley, isn't it," he said with a smile, nodding at the boy. "I hear my family is quite well disposed to your own," he said warmly, "I hope that we're no different," he told him, reaching out to shake his hand. "They call me Jess," he said, "And you?" he asked

"Of course not," He added when Andrew walked up, "James... Weasley," he said, shooting an apologetic smile Louis' way, "This is Andrew, one of the more recent victims of this terrible war," he said, looking Andrew's way.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Thu May 05, 2011 10:16 am

Sam cracked a grin and nodded, "Sorry," he said with a chuckle, trust him to not only bump into someone he knew, but with someone he was friends with. "Definitely brilliant," he replied, using a fake "Sophisticated food critic" voice to highlight what he was saying, before laughing once more. "Dude, try the fudge tart, I don't know what those elves have done down there, but it must be illegal somewhere, it's that. Good." He told Andrew, his eyes wide and his face as serious as Sam could be

Which wasn't all that serious

But that was another story.

Sam nodded, looking over where Andrew was pointing. "Yeah, I see him," he said, nodding. "Definitely, I need to meet the man who saved me from many a late, boring night," he said, beginning to walk over there with Andrew, trying to figure out where he recognised the man's face.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Thu May 05, 2011 10:59 am

"Come on. Let's go!" Andrew was utterly delighted for any chance to spend even a moment with Robert. He set his plate down at a place at the table where he had put a bottle of soda. Then he motioned to Sam. He flew over to Robert, starting at a walk, getting faster the closer he got to Robert and breaking into a run by the time he got there. Robert was surrounded by poltiical wannanbes but when he saw Sam, he opened his arms to Andrew who almost leaped right into his arms. Robert wrapped his arms around Andrew and held him in a tight hug.

"Andrew, my boy!" he laughed. "You've grown a foot since I saw you last! You look wonderful. How are things going?"

"I hate homework, but, meh, classes are classes," he shrugged. Robert laughed. "Oh, Robert, this is my friend, Sam."

"Sam," Robert greeted the boy, "Any friend of Andrew's is a friend of mine. Very nice to meet you. I'm Robert." At that moment, someone nudged Robert, attempting to get his attention.

"Minister," they cleared their throat to try to speak to him. Robert waved them away.

"Not now," Robert said, "I'm with my family. GIve me a moment. So Sam, when are you and Andrew coming to my farm for the weekend?" Andrew grinned at Sam, nodding.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Thu May 05, 2011 11:36 am

Sam laughed and ran with Andrew, darting through the crowds with agility even surprising himself, normally he would trip over or bump into someone when he ran like this, he had to admit, the risk (Though silly as it sounded) was certainly exciting.

When they finally reached the man Sam waved, shaking the man's hand and introducing himself. "Nice to meet you Robert," he said with a smile, though it was slightly detached as Sam's eyes concentrated straight on his face, a thought beginning to form on his mind.

At that point an aide arrived and mentioned one word which Sam's ears picked up...

His jaw dropped

"You're the Minister for Magic," he exclaimed, suddenly realising where he recognised the face. "I saw you on the front page of the prophet," he said. "Your guardian is.. wow," he said, an excited tone creeping into his voice. "That's so cool," he said, "I'd love to visit, any time," he said with a large grin.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu May 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Andrew looked at Jess curiously once he said that he was a war victim. Another name popped up in his head, but he decided to find out from this person. "James eh? Well it's nice to meet you. May I ask who has passed away?" It was probably a wrong move, yet it was also something he could give condolences to. He alway wanted to know what James' last name was, perhaps somebody he knew. He did sound very familiar. It was almost bothering Andrew, not knowing who said person was, but eventually figured he would find out either way.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top