[ALL]a glass of wine after a long day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Riyan Criswell on Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:18 pm

It had been a long first day at Hogwarts for Riyan. She had just finished her first ever potions class as a professor instead of a student and so many things had gone so wrong, and she needed some time to relax and think about how to make the class go smoother. So the blonde took herself down to Hogsmeed and to the Hogshead for a glass of wine or two.
Under her robes she wore a white sleeveless shirt with a black leather skirt that had a small slit over her left leg, and a pair of heels to match. Just before opening the door she pulled a tube of lipstick out of her robe pocket and applied the deep red color to her lips. "Much better," Riyan said to herself with a small smile and walked into the establishment where she found a seat at an empty table.
Riyan Criswell
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 419
Species : Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [ALL]a glass of wine after a long day

Post by Selwyn Thorfinn on Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:33 am

The Hog's Head had once been a great place for a drink in silence. Now it was vying for attention with The Three Broomsticks.  Nevertheless, Selwyn preferred the older establishment, if only because luring custom from the more cheerful inn must be a task and a half.  Selwyn wasn't in the mood for crowds.

He was also not in the mood for his workmates (mates? really?) but when he observed Riyan Sch-whatever on from the doorway it was really too late to turn back.  Besides, there were people crowding in behind him.

And then he was left with a dilemma. Would it really be that impolite to order his own drink and leave her to it?  If quizzed, he could always say he wasn't sure whether she wanted company.  Women could be funny about things like that.  

Unfortunately, his upbringing kicked in and Selwyn found himself making a beeline toward the blonde.

"Hello, Riyan," he greeted her. "Looks like your day was about as traumatic as mine.  May I?"
Selwyn Thorfinn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 3115
Species : Part Veela

View user profile https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

Back to top Go down

Post by Riyan Criswell on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:06 am

Riyan was slightly startled when a male voice had spoke and jumped as she looked up, "Oh yeah, sure have a seat." She said relieved when she say it was just Selwyn. She took a sip from her glass. "Yeah wasn't the best first day for me. Class didn't go as smoothly as I had hopped it would have." She answered quietly with a soft smile. "I hope it had gone better for you." She commented. Riyan pushed her hair off her shoulder. "you want some?" She asked rising her glass of wine before taking another drink. "I'll buy." She added with another smile. She always could use a drink.
Riyan Criswell
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 419
Species : Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Selwyn Thorfinn on Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:32 am

Oh yeah, that was why he didn't usually come to pubs. 

"Maybe next time," Selwyn avoided her offer of a drink.

"Actually it wasn't the classes for me, though I did have to deal with some rude little twats.  At least yours is core.  Who takes an elective and then sulks when they're expected to actually do the work?" he complained.

"No, I had to deal with that whole drama between Dakota and Vaughn.  When I saw some of the girls glaring daggers at her last year I knew it had to blow up eventually but I had hoped they'd get it out of their systems over the holidays."

"Why, what happened with you? First years stuck to the ceiling?" he asked, amused.

The prospect of first years sticking to the ceiling was one of the reasons he'd wanted the potions position, if only it hadn't already been filled when he started at Hogwarts.
Selwyn Thorfinn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 3115
Species : Part Veela

View user profile https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top