The Best Defense - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Best Defense - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Best Defense

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Best Defense - Page 2 Empty Re: The Best Defense

Post by Dexter B Carrigan Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Dexter blinked up at her. "Do you think I don't realize that? For three years people have been recruiting me, for seven years they have been trying to manipulate me. I do know a bit about these factions. There's nothing to be done for Dark Followers, except to maintain a loyalty to Dark that will last the kids until they get into the Death Eater's ranks. I do realize this. That's my point. Actual power comes with the Death Eaters. The Dark Followers offer me nothing but loss of self. I'd like to hold on that for a few years."

He sighed. "And I never flattered myself into thinking I could be brainwashed. Why do you think it is I have refrained from joining a side in this war? I will consider what you have said."
Dexter B Carrigan
Dexter B Carrigan

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Dexter B Carrigan Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:59 pm

"It's not stupid if it gets results," he sneered at her. "I am powerless against anyone who wishes me harm, why would I offer my services up to any of them?!" He was usually non-confrontational and passive, but after awhile, the forceful recruitments of both sides were incredibly tiring. He needed to stand up every now and then.

Even if it was to a girl.

She drew her wand and Dexter leaned back and his eyes strayed down to the wand. Usually he was the type to put his head down, mumble something that would appease her, and walk off. But he was tired of it. "You wouldn't do it," he said. "I'm tired of bluffs."
Dexter B Carrigan
Dexter B Carrigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter B Carrigan Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:27 am

Dexter reeled at the way she stated the threat, as though it were not a threat but merely a fact of life, something as normal as stating "The sun will go down at sunset, the moon will rise, and the stars will come out." Simple as that. He was used to death threats, but not so matter of factly either. He finally recovered and crossed his arms, standing up, sure his expertise on death threats surely surpassed hers.

"That constitutes as a threat. Abuse and torture. Your head of house, or better yet, the headmaster, would be severely disturbed to know you said such a thing. I told you I'd consider, but now you are threatening to maim me if I do not join a club that I am fairly sure is not permitted. Good day to you," and he turned and began to weave through the bookcases to leave and find an authority figure.
Dexter B Carrigan
Dexter B Carrigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter B Carrigan Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:59 am

Dexter hunched his shoulders as he walked, something not to out of place for the boy, but also as a sort of precaution. He was honestly flinching, ready for the jinx he was sure she was about to send. He may be a terrible athlete with bad reflexes, but logic tended to protect him in duels. His hand fingered the wand in his pocket, his knuckles white as he gripped it.

He made it to the front with no problem. He pulled out his books from his bag, the ones he had already set aside in his bag to check out and handed them over to the librarian, sneaking a glance at the girl. He quickly looked away, not trying to look afraid. Death threats or no, she had given him things to think over. He could not deny it.
Dexter B Carrigan
Dexter B Carrigan

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top