Elephant in the Living Room
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Elephant in the Living Room Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Elephant in the Living Room

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elephant in the Living Room Empty Elephant in the Living Room

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:44 am

It had been a long, long night. Khaat had been awakened at bedtime by hearing Abbey fussing in her room. That wasn't normal. Abbey usually was a sound sleeper by that time. Khaat had tied the white silk robe tighter around her and had found Abbey was congested, with a croupy sounding cough, and was running a little fever. Her first cold.

And as a first time mother, Khaat was very protective. She had resorted to every healing spell, every home remedy, and every muggle superstition and tradition she could think of to help her baby. In the end, what comforted Abbey was to be able to lay in Khaat's arms and cuddle. Khaat had never breastfed, but Abbey had fallen asleep mouthing on Khaat's white silk nightgown. It seemed to comfort Abbey. Khaat had wrapped Abbey in a blanket and was rocking her in the overly large rocking chair in the nursery.

She had been there all night. There was a small flask of potion in her pocket. She had taken some when Abbey's fever had spiked and Khaat had panicked. Her mind had flashed into fearing that she was going to lose her baby. She had instantly checked Dakota and had found that Dakota was fine. Dakota's skin was cool and her breathing was clear and even as she slept. Khaat had resorted to a half dose of the potion. Not a full one. Not while she was caring for Abbey. But it had been enough to take the edge off.

Khaat had wanted to be up before Brian woke and dressed. She had noticed yesterday that there wre now getting to be large dark hollows under her eyes. She knew it was from her being far, far underweight now. The potion was using almost all the food she put into her mouth and causing her to lose even more weight. And she was getting to be so tired and weak that she had actually noticed that some things were starting to show without glamour spells. She had taken a few bottles of glamour potions from Rob too, but he hadn't noticed those were missing. Khaat had hoped to be up and dressed with her glamour spells and potions in place before anyone in the house had awakened

But Abbey had had other plans. And now Khaat, in her deep exhaustion, had fallen asleep in the large rocker in the nursery in the deepest darkest hours of the night when the house had lulled her into relaxation by its silence. And once given to it, she slept now far longer and deeper than she had ever, ever intended. Especially when she slept, for once, without nightmares, without dreams.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22583
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Elephant in the Living Room Empty Re: Elephant in the Living Room

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:09 am

Chase woke from a drowsy sleep, she hadn't been sleeping well lately, her stomach now getting larger, and with it came back aches, and now frequent need to use the bathroom. Chase had rushed to the bathroom and come out, tying her hair back into a better ponytail when she saw a light at the end of the hall. Coming from one of the girl's bedrooms. It seemed to be the lamp on or something and Chase frowned. Normally the girls were sound sleepers, and didn't need a light on.. so that could only mean there was a person in there with them. Well it was REALLY late at night, there shouldn't BE anyone in there with them, Chase suddenly got defensive. What if someone had snuck in. Of course no one could have, but Chase was really tired.

She went back into her room and grabbed her wand before sneaking out into the hallway and creeping towards the open door. Wand held at the ready, ready to scream and wake the entire house in case someone were to jump her. But just as she rounded the corner, Chase's whole body relaxed, it was Khaat sitting in the rocking chair, fast asleep with Abbey in her arms. Chase crept in and gently removed Abbey from her arms. It appeared to be that Abbey had a small cold, but her fever had broken during the night and she was simply in an icky feeling time. Chase gently laid the sleeping baby girl back in her crib and grabbed a blanket for Khaat. Turning around though, Chase stood completely still, staring at Khaat. Her eyes had large bags under them, and her hip and collar bones jutted out to a massive extent, she almost looked dead. Chase quickly went over and put her hand on her wrist, feeling for a pulse.

Finding one, Chase sat back relieved, but sat staring at her for a long moment. She looked even worse then right after Barker had gotten hold of her.. so why was she looking so bad? Like she was nearly dead? Chase looked her over, and then frowned, there was something in her pocket, that looked like a small bottle. Chase didn't know why such a thing would be in Khaat's pajamas, but it looks uncomfortable, sitting against her hip bone like that, so carefully, trying hard not to wake Khaat up, Chase eased the bottle out of her pocket, and stared at the bottle. Medicine? Tonic? She wasn't sure, it wasn't labeled,but it appeared that someone had torn whatever label had been on it, off. That was odd... Chase opened the top and sniffed it and almost reeled, any medicine she had ever smelt or tasted was nothing as bad as this did. It smelt horrible, and she nearly coughed as she put the top back on.

Obviously Khaat was taking this potion because it appeared to have been drank frequently enough, well obviously she was drinking it, it was in her pocket, but it was nearly half empty, and that was unsual, most people tried not to drink something so... gross that often. A lot of what you ate was affected by your sense of smell, that stuff MUST taste horrible, but she was drinking it? Chase set it on the table beside Khaat and went over to Abbey, who was whimpering in her sleep, and Chase gently rubbed her back, while her eyes stayed locked on Khaat. Something was wrong here, and she didn't know what it was.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:25 am

Angus didn't sleep well that night. He'd been kicked in the knee by a horse earlier that evening. It hadn't been serious. Just enough to ache. And the aching had kept him awake. He had awakened several times during the night, and this time he decided to relieve some of the stiffness by walking a bit. He got up, in his pajamas and bare feet and walked out of his room, finding that his knee hurt far less by his stretching it and walking it now.

He saw a light on in the nursery. That was certainly odd. They always left a nightlight on, but not the dresser lamp, and that appeared to be what was on. He didn't hear any noise, but he had to investigate. He walked the short distance and saw Chase there, checking on Abbey.

He walked over to her and then noticed Khaat sleeping in the rocking chair. Or---wait. Was that really Khaat? When the hell had she started looking like that? He was aware that she was frighteningly thin, but how in the world could she have gotten so deathlike right under Brian's nose? Didn't the man pay attention when he held her at night? Didn't her father see it when he visited? Something clearly wasn't right. He was making a mental note to watch what happened in the morning.

He went over to Chase, glancing into Dakota's crib to see that Dakota was motionless and sound asleep. "Everything alright?" Angus asked Chase softly. "What has you up at this ungodly hour? I can't sleep. What's your excuse?"

Last edited by Angus Donohue on Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:35 am

Chase jumped when Angus walked into the room, he was staring at Khaat with the same horror she had probably held on her face earlier. When he walked over to her, she bit her lip and shook her head staring at Khaat. "Had to use the bathroom.. you know.. pregnant and all." She said with a small sigh. "Why does she look like that Angus? She's so.... thin.. I had to check her pulse to make sure she was alive... she had Abbey in her arms when I came in.. so I moved Abbey to her crib.. she's got a cold.. I'm gonna guess Khaat was looking after her and fell asleep in the chair on accident.. but.." Chase shook her head. "She looks like she's dead.. she is hardly breathing... I can see her entire skeleton... and I found this in her pocket.." She whispered and went over to the bottle, holding it up so that Angus could see it. "The label was torn off... and it smells horrible.." She said shaking her head.

"I don't know what it is.. but... I don't think it's good for her.... she's already way to thin.. and now.." She shook her head. " She didn't look like that when I saw her before she went to bed.. I think... do you think she's using glamour spells? to cover up this?" Chase was biting her lower lip, her hand resting gently around her stomach, as though comforting the baby inside. "Angus.. we need to tell someone." She said looking up at the caretaker with a worried look. "Someone has to know what is happening to her! I thought she was doing so good! And now... maybe we should wake her up.." She said carefully. "Ask her what's going on?" Chase turned around when Abbey started to whimper again, and continued to rub her back as she glanced at Angus worriedly, her eyes wide, sleep will etched on them, but fearful too.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:51 am

Angus picked up the bottle and frowned deeply. "I hope this isn't what I think it is," he said very softly. He opened the bottle and smelled it and grimaced. He capped the bottle again. "This," he emphasized the bottle to Chase, "is an illegal potion. Its against wizarding law. And there's only about one place she can get this in London. I know exactly who makes this, but even he wouldn't give this to her. You said you found it in her pocket?"

He went over and very carefully slid the bottle back into Khaat's pocket. He paused to run his fingers with featherlight softness across Khaat's hipbone and then down her ribcage. His fingers distinctively felt protruding bones. She had been deceiving them all. He sighed heavily. Brian had obviously not seen anything more than anyone else. Khaat was doing this deliberately. She had to be. There was far too much work being done to cover it up.

"She's doing this deliberately for some reason," Angus told her. "She has to be. The potion you found is designed to be a mind numbing potion. A very powerful one. Khaat has to be getting this from her husband, Rob Dent. Well, my guess is that she's stealing it from him. Even Rob wouldn't give this one to her. The potion numbs the mind alright, but it also eats away at the body and causes multiple systemic failures if she takes it long enough. The thinness you're seeing and the lack of color to her face is almost all being caused by that damned potion. Its making everything she eats of no value to her system whatsoever. And she's getting thin and very weak. She's obviously been taking this for awhile. I'll wager you she has more stashed someplace. I don't know where, though because I know every nook and cranny in this house and I'd have found it.

"She's got to be using glamour spells or potions or both to cover this up. Its gotten too far out of hand." He sighed heavily. "I should have seen this coming. And I sure should have figured it out when we went to Tuscany for just a few days at the holidays. We all noticed she wasn't herself then. I guess now we know why.

"I want to see if we see a different Khaat once she wakes up and showers. If we see the Khaat we're used to seeing, then we'll know she's using a glamour spell. There's no way Brian would do this and not tell me. And neither Brian or Robert would give this potion to her. This stuff is deadly. Robert himself won't prescribe it. Not this version of it. So, I know she didn't get it from him. Robert is vehemently opposed to this sort of potion. He'd have never given it to her--not ever. "

Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Chase listened to Angus with despair. She was using a mind numbing potion to not have to deal with it? Why didn't she just talk about it?! They were all there to help her, she was their number one priority, and she didn't trust them enough to talk to them when she was feeling bad. Chase's hands moved from Abbey's back and looked at Khaat. It was obvious that Barker had made more of an effect on her then even she thought he had. Sure he was locked up now, but the memories.. whatever happened in those rooms... it was haunting her.. and she felt the need to numb her mind with illegal potions.. it wasn't right!

Chase bit her lower lip and nodded. "So we don't wake her up... wait to see what she looks like in the morning.. and then try and find her stash?" She asked softly. "But.. it's not in the house... do you think she'd keep it.. like, around here though? So that she can get it easily? The problem is is she hasn't been acting that much different lately! We haven't even noticed she was getting worse!" She said her fingers going up to run through her ponytail. She stared at Khaat for a long moment before taking a deep breath. "So.... lets go back to bed.. I think there isn't much more we can do tonight.. Abbey is doing fine now.. her fever must have broken before I got here.. she was covered in sweat anyway... which is good.. poor dear.. I just wish.." Chase stopped herself before sighing.

"I wish she could trust us more... tell us what is going through her head... instead of taking illegal potions and covering it up from us... I thought she was doing so well.. and now... this.." She shook her head sadly. "Poor Khaat... I wish I knew what to say to her to make it all go away.." She whispered and then looked at Angus. "Well.. goodnight... I'll see you in the morning." She said and threw one last look at Khaat before leaving the room to go back to her bedroom.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Angus was waiting with a watchful eye in the morning. He had positioned himself in the nursery, bathing the babies and feeding and dressing them. Abbey was better. She was a bit stuffy, but compared to how Chase had said she had been last night, Abbey was immensely better. She was hungry. Angus was feeding her.

He watched Khaat wake from a deep sleep. She was numb now not with potion but with sleep. She wasn't quite awake. He watched her to go her room and heard the shower run a moment later. A few moments after that, she emerged looking as crisp and fresh and beautiful as she ever had. Angus said nothing. He watched her head for the kitchen for coffee.

He waited until Brian woke and went downstairs to work out. Then he went into Khaat's bathroom and searched it. All he found were two bottles of glamour potion. Stiff ones. Illegals too. She'd more than likely stolen them from Rob as well. They had all the hallmarks of his work anyway. He put them back where he found them.

He sighed heavily. He had no idea now where she hid the rest of it. He had searched the barn this morning when he had taken care of the livestock. It wasn't there. He'd searched the guesthouse. It wasn't there. He'd been up the rest of the night searching the house again. It wasn't there. He now searched the deepest corners of their bedroom and didn't find it there either. He was convinced it was not on the property. Wherever it was, she had to leave the property almost daily then to refill the little bottle in her pocket. That much was certain. But where was she going, and when? He didn't recall any time when she had been alone long enough. He was puzzled.

Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:02 pm

Chase woke up earlier then usual and lay in bed for a long time, her ears straining to hear sound in the house. Suddenly she heard the shower start and she got out of bed, going to her door she peeked out of her room, looking down the hall, before walking to the nursery and seeing Angus there alone with the girls. She bit her lip and nodded to him before going back to her room. After getting her work out clothes on, she left her room to see Khaat leaving, looking perfectly normal and nothing like she had last night in that chair. That proved it then.. she took glamour potions and did glamour spells while she was in the shower. Chase went downstairs and did a quick workout, using the program she had been given, and when she was done took a shower.

After her shower, Chase stayed within eyesite of Khaat for the entire morning. Following her around like a puppy dog follows it's master. She would help her lift things like the laundry basket, fold the laundry where she could see her, and hardly ever took her eyes off of Khaat. She didn't know what Angus was doing, but she had a feeling he was looking for her stash around the house. "Hey Khaat... wanna go for a walk with me? It's feeling kinda stuffy in the house don't you think?" She said nonchalantly, her eyes going over to Khaat and smiling at her lightly. The only time Chase could think that Khaat got her potions was when she was in the bathroom, because it really was the only time of the day that she had by herself away from the family. And today Chase was nearly starving her out of her potion by sticking so close to her. Sure Chase had followed Khaat around before, usually chatting up a storm, doing the chores and stuff while she chatted with Khaat, but today Chase was a bit more quiet.

"A walk sounds good! It'll help you build up strength in your ankles again anyway." She said with a grin at Khaat, before she went to go grab their coats, clearly stating that she wouldn't take no for an answer. The normal housework was completely done, and it wasn't like there was anything else to do. Chase just needed to stick by Khaat, and maybe watch her behaviors as they walked, so see if she got nervous in an area where she might have kept her stash. Chase smiled at her and brought her her coat and shoes. Putting them on the couch, she grinned and started to pull on her own shoes, looking pointedly at Khaat.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:25 pm

What was with Chase today? Khaat wondered. Not that she minded. She was delighted that Chase was around. It kept her from thinking. Kept her busy. And it was helping her get things done. She appreciated that.

She had had a couple fewer doses of potion, but she didn't really miss them. Not really. She had slipped off once to get fresh potion--when she was in the bathroom or supposed to be anyway. And then she came back. It was easier to switch bottles. She had, after all, bought numerous beautiful glass bottles so that if she needed a quick switch, she could simply pick up a new one and then go back and refill the old empty one later. The bottle she had today was beautiful etched glass bottle that was in a deep pinkish purple color with an etched glass stopper. She did like the bottles she had collected. They weren't just bottles. They were art. And they hda been each handmade, like little glass sculptures.

When Chase mentioned going for a walk, she decided to go along. She put on her boots and tucked her wand in the boot. She picked up her winter coat and put it on as Brian came in. "You finally getting her out of this house? Good," Brian said to Chase. "She needs some fresh air. Take your walking stick, Khaat." He accio'd her stick and handed it to her. Then he looked at Khaat. "Don't over do it. You can push for a little hurt but too much is too much. You know when to stop."

She nodded. "I'll be casreful. I promise," she said. She got up and went to the door. "Shall we go, Chase?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22583
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Chase rocked on her feet nervously as she waited for Khaat to get her boots on. She made sure to grab a scarf, and even grabbed an extra coat in case she got to cold. Putting the coat around her hands, she smiled at Khaat and nodded, heading to the door. "It's chilly out.." She said with a nod before she smiled at her and opened up the door. She was slightly surprised to see a gentle dusting of snow coming down, and there wasn't a stir of wind as Chase stepped out onto the porch. "It sure is beautiful outside isn't it Khaat? Where do you wanna go? We could go visit the horses, or go to the barn.. or just go for a walk along the path.." She said turning to look at Khaat. "We probably shouldn't go to far... your ankle may be stronger, but it isn't strong enough for a long walk." She said with a smile as she wrapped the scarf around her her neck and grinned, her red hair contrasting hard with the pink scarf she had put on.

"So how have you been Khaat? Wanna talk about anything? Any nightmares recently? I had this nightmare the other night, I was in a school play, except no one knew their lines, and we were in front of hundreds of people! And the set was all weird, and the person I was with kept getting the wrong line, and then suddenly everyone in the audience were babies! They were all crying and screaming, and I had to rush around and try and calm them all down, hundreds of babies! Can you imagine it? A bunch of them had colds though, it was aweful, and then this like.. weird liquid poured down from the sky, in this really pretty jar that was HUGE, and suddenly all of the babies went quiet.. and everything went dark.. I slept so hard after that I could have been dead for all I know." She said with a grin, her eyes flickering to Khaat.

Most of the dream she had just said was a lie, the stage part and the babies were true, but the liquid and the babies having colds wasn't. She was trying to provoke a reaction from Khaat, see how she reacted to a liquid from a giant pretty jar that fell on her head, a potion that made her sleep heavily for the rest of the night. "And a few nights ago, I dreamt I was flying, but then it all went dark, and I started to fall, and I tipped over, and suddenly I was monstrously pregnant! My stomach was huge, and I didn't know what to do, because when I woke up I like.. tore off my covers, expecting to see a GIANT stomach, but all I saw was this." She said patting her stomach lightly and grinning before she looked around. "Oh... it's so pretty out today! Don't you think? The snow falling like this, it sparkles when the light hits it right.. like hundreds of pieces of glitter falling from the sky." She said with a grin looking at Khaat again, her smile so wide it was almost hard to tell that she had had much hardship in her life at all.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top