Ways to Make PA Better? - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ways to Make PA Better? - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ways to Make PA Better?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ways to Make PA Better? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways to Make PA Better?

Post by Darren Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:14 am

would be 2023, I think, since Albus is in 7th. But yeah, your right, I'll need to change that.

So far what we've done is changed the Hogwarts layout a bit, and decreased the classes to the main 4 (got this idea from you Selwyn) + CoMC as an extra 5th class. We'll also be decreasing the ministry down to size and decreasing the number of shops. This is all done to make the site look more active and not too big for the relatively mediocre current member count.

Feedback on these changes is welcome, as is any additional suggestions.

Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Thorn Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:59 am

(just for the record this has nothing to do with my post with Shelby)

How about like an ammusement park, or something spontaneous. A water park, a carnival. Something for everybody to have fun and such. I think everyone would agree that going to shops all day could be wildly boring. Then maybe would could have park owners and such.
Ethan Thorn
Ethan Thorn

Number of posts : 72

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:15 am

That's what the old "Wizarding World Roleplay" was for.
I think it's called "Elsewhere" now, and it's really a place for just that. People are meant to go there and RP wherever they want in that forum, because we can't possible have a forum for everything.
But people don't post there :/
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Speak for yourself. I have 2 VERY active threads there.

k.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22678
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:47 am

It would be better if the members were able to start discussion topics in this forum. I have always felt that there wasn't enough communication on PA and it makes me feel stifled.

I want to have a space where I can discuss plots, not just request threads. I want the other members of PA to feel secure enough with each other that they'll talk to each other about what their characters are doing or planning without worrying that someone else is going to use that information to powerplay or metagame.

I feel like (and I could be wrong) that one of the reasons plots so often get started with no warning even to the people who are involved is because there is a lack of trust here. There have been multiple times now where I have been informed, not asked, that my character would be involved in such-and-such a thing. I've also gotten in trouble for not doing what the admins expected, even though they did not tell me what they expected. As we get closer to the main plot becoming more open, I have started worrying that this will happen all over again.

I would prefer to be playing in a consent based game. That is, you don't decide things about my character without my consent. I encourage the admins and mods to check out the limits form on Remnants of Earth.

I would like the admins to tell us if they are the Dungeon Masters of Potter's Army.

I would like the people on Potter's Army to talk about how they approach role playing. Sarah Carney has an incredibly enlightening blog post up about what people focus on when they role play. I feel it would be easier for everyone if we all knew what each other's goals were when we're writing threads (and this is why it would be easier if we had a forum for discussing plots).

I want to discuss the Wizarding World. I want to talk about how Potter's Army deviates from canon. I want to figure out the whys and wherefores. I want to discuss how things have changed and developed since Harry Potter was in school.

I want lots more communication.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:44 am

As far as I knew, members could post in the PA discussion area of their own accord. What I will suggest is taking the 'discussion' section in the OOC part and use that as a base to discuss plots. It seems like the best place to go and it would also make that part of the board less of a foreign land. I adore discussing plots and characters but I can't really do that without a mode of communication, you're right. Not everyone has msn and not everyone wishes to use the cbox. For example, I'm having a pm-to-pm discussion with Jamie about our plots. Somewhere to go and do that would be good! I do like that idea! I think the Discussion board is as good a place as any so yeah, why not start there?
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Thu May 19, 2011 11:07 am

I got an idea, how about removing the inactive users in the enlistments. If something does happen, theyre gonna be pretty freaked out to just come into so much hassle
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 823

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu May 19, 2011 11:40 am

How do you mean? Like take them out of groups?
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Krum Fri May 20, 2011 10:35 am

For one thing there is no Dungeon Masters in Harry Potter. There may be a dungeon in Hogwarts where potion class is and the Slytherin Common Room would be found. There are Headmaster or Headmisstress or Professors.
Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4133

http://thetwistintime.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri May 20, 2011 11:38 am

Dungeon masters was not a literal term liz, merely a reference to the dungeon and dragons game, I believe, where the dungeon master (Or GM) controls everything that happens. Forgive me if I'm wrong Selwyn.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top