Trying to find Quiet
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Trying to find Quiet Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Trying to find Quiet

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trying to find Quiet Empty Trying to find Quiet

Post by Andrew Thompson Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Andrew quickly stepped into the common room of the Gryffindor house, feeling elated that he was able to step into the familiar room once more. It was never a foreign place to Andrew, even if he was some sort of American. Hogwarts was Hogwarts and Home was Home. Sitting down on a large couch near the open fire, Andrew spread his legs onto the rest of the sofa, relaxing his head on a very comfortable pillow. It was great to be back, even if things were freezing most of the time. He kept himself at a comfortable position, without trying to doze off or anything.

Yet inevitably, Andrew managed to fall asleep. Andrew quickly walked over to the edge of the building and crouched behind the small wall that protected people from falling over. He set the bipod on it and then looked through the scope as he scanned the horizon. He had tried to calculate where the other sniper would be at the moment and then panicked. This was not like playing his Xbox. He scanned frantically and then saw something glint over in the hills. He quickly scoped in, and saw a man dressed in complete black with another PSG-1. Andrew had his finger on the trigger and then pulled. The gun fired out into the night, and the other sniper was never heard from again. Andrew moved his face away from the scope and looked terrified.

Andrew awoke with a start, his face sweating heavily. Rubbing his face with his sleeve, he quickly removed the tiny specs of water from his face. He had another nightmare of the time he had killed his first victim. He could never forget it.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Trying to find Quiet Empty Re: Trying to find Quiet

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:07 am

Aurora Loved the common room, It was a place to be alone at night instead of staying in the girls dorm with people who ask you questions all of the time. It gave her a place to relax and hang with her boyfriend whenever he was around. Ever since he had gotten back she hadnt talked to him much with everything that had gone on. Especially with her just getting hirt with a car a few weeks before hand. Everything had changed in Aurora's eyes. Everything was supposed to be depressing and upset not happy and overgoing. At least in Aurora's eyes that how things were.

Aurora was in her dorm room alone in the dimly lighted room ready to just sit there and do nothing when one of her dorm mates walked in. they of course ignored her and went to doing their normal activities. With the complete stranger around, Aurora decided to go down to the common room where there was likely to be barely anyone around.

When Aurora got down to the Common Room she noticed a kid sleeping there. He was reconisable but Aurora couldnt remember who. It might have been someone she met during first year that she ended up barely seeing around and forgot all about but that didnt matter. With no one else in the common room this was the perfect place for her to sit down in a dark corner and think to herself. Anything else would be fine but she didnt want to do anything else.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Andrew looked at the floor and blinked a couple of times. Why had he come back to Hogwarts at all? Too many memories and too many people he had hurt or betrayed. IT was a foolish decision indeed, but something kept gnawing at him to come back. And it wouldn't be calmed until he did. Rubbing his face with his hands, he pushed back his bangs so his forehead was exposed. He then let it fall flat on his face, feeling the slight wind cool him down a bit. Andrew stood up, feeling sort of stiff from the slight nap and turned around, ready to go up to the dormitory for something.

But as he was going up, he noticed someone sitting in the corner. She looked familiar, yet didn't know her name exactly. Curious, he looked at her more closely and finally got a name on her. Aurora. She apparently used to talk to Louis and Jack a lot, so that was probably why he couldn't remember her quickly. "Aurora?" he asked calmly, wondering if she had remembered Andrew at all.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:45 pm

Aurora sat there thinking for quite a while. She thought about the accident. And about how she was upsetting the ones she loved because she wouldnt act normal as she used to. That didnt matter to her though. She needed to be happy and that would be complicated for a little while. How was a 12 year old child supposed to be happy when everyone around her wasnt? thats something that seemed impossible.

She noticed that the kid was awake as soon as he had sat up. She still couldnt put a finger on who he was. She didnt remember many people anymore. Ever since the accident. She began to think hard on it. There was a kid named Andrew she knew yet she knew more than one andrew to where she couldve been thinking of anyone.

From the kids height when he stood up she guessed he was either a 6th or 7th year. Maybe even a 5th year but she couldnt tell. He seemed to be more and more familiar for a minute. She thought harder than she realized who he was when he began to walk to his dorm.

Andrew Tompson.

He was andrew from the previous year. She didnt get why she couldnt remember him but she did now. When he said her name as though asking a question her eyes went cold instatly. It wasnt that she was mad it was that she was depressed. "Hello Andrew." She said in her usual depressing voice. "Its been a while huh?"
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Well that was a joyus reunion. As soon as he said Aurora's name, she apprently closed off and looked very...well depressed at that. He sat down next to her andput his hands together. "Yeah it has," he said trying to remember the last time he had actually seen her "six months at least. Anything wrong?" He couldn't remember her being that depressed, but then again, he couldn't remember his own name a couple days ago. "You seem sad."

Now that he had met Aurora again, he wondered how many more of his friends he had to meet. He had already met her, Eli, Louis, Miseria, and a new person named Xemnas. Now he still had to find Jack, Chase, Nerissa, Matt, Sophia, Andrian...and so many others. It was a scavenger hunt and the prize was Andrew's sanity. "So your a second year, huh?" he asked, wondering if she had graduated already.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Aurora looked at him for a bit. As soon as she blinked her eyes werent as cold yet they were still depressing. "I thought it was at least a year." She said trying to avoid the topic about why she was so upset. She didnt feel like talking about her life going all wrong and everything. It really wasnt the proper thing to do when you meet up with an old friend. She forced a slight smiled trying to seem at least a bit happier to have a friend around. Aurora wouldnt talk to many people to where she was likely to lose all of her friends.

She remembered Andrew well now that she knew who he was. He was there alot when it came to nick and louis. Two people who helped her become as depressing as she was. Then there was hugo. He was one of the only people she was ever glad to be around any more. She had turned against everyone, Varod, Her own brother rodgey, Even her favorite teacher Prof. James. She turned against them all.

"Yeah.. Second years quite as boring as first is though." She said looking at her feet. She was barefoot and the ground was cold. That was never a good combo. Her feet were as cold as the memory of the car crash was. She remembered how her own brother had kept telling his wife he loved her but never once said he loved his own little sister. When she was laying there asleep and to where she could die any second he never once said he loved her. thats how cold her memory was. As cold as a floor in winter
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:34 am

[Damn O.O]

Andrew looked at Aurora, then back down at his feet. Despite what she said, he knew that something was wrong. She didn't look very well-and she was barefoot. In the middle of winter? Or end? Whatever the season, it was pointless to be without some sort of foot protection. "What happened to your shoes?" he asked, in a concerned kind of tone. He could not remember if she had always been this way, but from what Jack had told him, she seemed to be dejected quite a lot. "If you don't mind me asking," he quickly added, hoping not to have hit a nerve or anything.

The part in Andrew that had made him writhe in self-pity was turned off for the moment and he was now concerned with why Aurora was alone...and barefoot. That made no sense, since wizards and witches were supposed to be very much connected...and have shoes. He felt like asking again, but what good would that do. "Listen," he said in a calm voice "if you have a problem, you can tell me. You can trust me." Just from first glances, it seemed like she might've need some. Not to mention that it had been 6 months since he last saw anyone. And everyone was so different.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:56 am

[[What]]

Aurora couldnt believe that he would even care enough to be around. She didnt think anyone would even care anymore. "I dont like shoes. They are just some excuse for feet to keep warm." Aurora said still looking at her feet. "And its fine that you asked." Her voice was still really depressing. She had so much on her mind with the accident and her leaving her brother and her upsetting so many people that she didnt care much about it.

Aurora still didnt get why he would care that she was always alone those days. It wasnt as though she was dying or anything. There really wasnt anything to worry about. "There isnt anything to worry about." She said in a kind of soft voice. "I just... " She stopped then her voice was fast and soft as she said, "Got hit by a car over holiday." She was now staring at the fire in the fireplace. It was facinating what some wood and a bit of ingnition could do. She loved looking at the fire. Aurora hoped he hadnt heard the last part. It would be better if she wasnt talking about her problems.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:14 am

[You post a lot more now Razz]

Andrew found her reasoning odd yet sound at the same time. It wasn't the fact that she didn't like shoes that seemed weird, but rather it was the dead of winter and she wasn't. Frostbite could sneak up and people and quickly get them if they weren't prepared for harsh weather conditions in the cold. "Alright then," he said in a casual voice, quickly forgetting about the subject as hand. Another thing that seemed concerning was the fact that her voice was very soft, almost like a sign that something had happened.

As Aurora spoke, Andrew had to listen closely in order for what Aurora was saying. At that moment, he wished she could've spoke a little louder, so they could have a proper conversation. Once he heard the part about her getting run over, his eyebrow raised a bit and he looked back at her. "You got run over?" he asked curiously "by who? Did you sue them?" Maybe that last part may have sounded a little silly, but it was serious either way. She could've gotten a lot of money that way.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:31 am

(yeah..... I just posted that much cause thats what ur postin.... i try to get as many paragraphs as the person im rping with)

Aurora curled up where she was and closed her eyes sort of leaning against him. He was a good friend for being there and caring for her even though she didnt even deserve it. There wasnt anything to talk about any more but that didnt matter. She could just sit there thinking for years and do nothing else. "I know it seems wierd. Its just how I am.. Of course I wear shoes outside though." She said hoping that he wouldnt worry as much.

As soon as she got a hint that he had heard what she had said about her getting hit by a car she hirt her head on the wall a few times. "I got ran over by a stranger. It was more my fault than theirs... I was out in the middle of the street because i was mad that my brother... well friend i guess was getting married and making a family with someone i hated. I had gone that day to tell him that I wouldnt live in his house because of the fact that he was marying a girl that I hated. He was spending all his time with her and forgot all about me." She said hoping to explain everything. "And I cant sue him.. Im twelve.. To young to sue." she smiled as she said that.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top