The Ghost in the Night... - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ghost in the Night... - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ghost in the Night...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ghost in the Night... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ghost in the Night...

Post by Noah Archer Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Non-verbal magic was annoying as hell, especially when you were a thirteen year old super-hero.

Noah wasn't thirteen. But he had been, and he had spent far too many nights stuck in uncomfortable positions because he had underestimated the power of non-verbal magic. So when he had finally made his personal list of rules and stuck them to the walls of the Coven, number one was "Watch the opponent's wand"

They could keep silent all they wanted, but their wand would always give it away. A twitch, a twist, a little flick...there was always something. But that of course, brought him to rule number two.

Rule 2: If you're standing still when the opponent casts their spell, its too late to dodge.

So the minute he released his Glisseo, Noah was already moving. Sure enough, he didn't hear anything, but the body bnd curse that flew past his right ear mid-roll told him all he needed to know.

Damn, the girl was good. Most people would never have come that close to hitting a rolling opponent.

Noah popped to his feet. His sense of honor prevented him from directly attacking the girl, but there were always ways around that if you were willing to be creative - or crazy - enough. "Accio!" He shouted, focusing on the girl's wand. Expelliarmus might've been more effective, but again, direct confrontation...Noah was really going to have to talk to himself if he got out of this.

Sure, the spell probably wouldn't work, but it was worth a shot. Few people knew how to properly grip their wands.
Noah Archer
Noah Archer

Number of posts : 115

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Noah Archer Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:42 pm

The wand smacked against his palm and for a moment Noah was stunned by his own success.

Then Angelique rushed towards him and kneed him in the groin.

Noah's eyes widened, and a frantic cough escaped his throat as he stumbled backwards. Angelique came with him - she had her hands on his hood and was doing her best to pull it over his eyes. Heh. Good luck with that. The hood was magic; it never got in the way. He would've been beaten a long time ago if it had cut out his peripheral vision like it should've.

Unfortunately, the same magic that made the cloak impossible to remove except by his hands was now working against him, causing a painful burning instead of coming forward. Noah grabbed Angelique's wrists and managed to pull them off, pushing her back and pointing his ringed palm at her. "I am The Wiccan! And I am totally pissed off!"

Noah Archer
Noah Archer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah Archer Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:05 am

Angelique surrendered.

That made Noah pause. But only for a moment. He grabbed her wand from where it had fallen on the floor and stuffed it hastily into his pocket. He would give it back to her...eventually. For now, he needed to make sure she was crippled.

"That's not exactly how this works..." Noah said, back to using his low, guttural voice. "Obviously you' haven't heard of me. I'm kind of hurt," he said calmly. "Incarcerous." Ropes flew from his hand and wrapped themselves around Angelique, stopping her from moving. A body bind would've been preferable, but again, that damn chivalry thing.

Really, girls just shouldn't be getting in the way.

Noah cast a quick glance over the knots, making sure they were satisfactory, and cleared his throat. "I just want to know a few things. And then we can both go on our merry way. What are the Dark Followers?"

It was a question he already knew the answer to, but it was always better to make the victim underestimate what you knew. Plus, he would be able to determine whether she was going to be truthful or not, which was vitally important.
Noah Archer
Noah Archer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah Archer Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:26 am

Noah rubbed the bridge of his nose. He had been hoping that the girl would answer his questions once she had given up - obviously that wasn't part of her plan. How could he get her to answer, how indeed...

He could try veritaserum. Of course, he'd have to steal it, and by the time he got some she would've had plenty of time to mentally prepare herself for it. Worthless. Physical interrogation was out of the question, and unfortunately Noah had no experience with legilimency. So the only thing left...

"Equivalent exchange," Noah said, squatting in front of her. "You answer a question, I answer a question. Any question. Minus, of course, who I actually am," he said. "It wouldn't do you any good anyway. But You don't want to pass up such a delightful opportunity to figure me out do you? Believe me, I plan on being quite the thorn in your side for a good long while."
Noah Archer
Noah Archer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah Archer Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:38 am

Noah rolled his eyes. Then realized that she couldn't actually see him rolling his eyes, and thus the effect was ruined. He raised his hand.

"I swear on Harry Potter's grave that I'll tell the truth," he said. "I wouldn't lie anyway. That defeats the purpose of this exercise."
Noah Archer
Noah Archer

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top