Itching to Fly! - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Itching to Fly! - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Itching to Fly!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Itching to Fly! - Page 2 Empty Re: Itching to Fly!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:38 pm

Adam sat up and shook his head and blinked a few times. His ears were ringing and his head was pounding but he felt normal. He quickly felt his arms then his legs in a playful manner of course. He grinned slightly when she began to tease him. "Already wiz ze teasing?" he said laughing and getting up. "I realize zat now, but eet wazn't zere a second ago!" he said. He felt his head, there was a small cut but it wasn't anything too serious. His eyes widened and he began to search for his broom. He found it a few feet away, still in one piece. Although there were a few bristles out of place at the end but it was fine. He picked it up and carried it over his shoulder. He smelled under his arm, he needed to shower.

"Uh...I theenk I need a shower." he said feeling his head as well. He saw the blood on his hand and shrugged. "Plus I need to be fixed." he said chuckling. He had been in worse situations. Plenty of injuries worse than this. Now I'm making stuff up for filler, creative eh? Now he's Canadian? What? Like wow...okay back in character! "Care to walk me to ze carriage? Madame Benoit always said 'Never walk alone in ze dark. Especially eff you're Adam and you're injured.' "he said using a tone that sounded surprisingly close to his headmistress'. In fact he was even a little surprised at how well it sounded.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:31 pm

Jack grinned. "Oh, stick with me, kid, and you'll get enough teasing and taunting to last you a lifetime." She chuckled, even though it was basically the truth, seeing as she was hardly ever serious and she could also be a little tough. She was often thinking up creative little taunts for people, but she claimed it was no her fault and that people made it easy for her to tease them.

He asked if she would like to accompany him to the carriage and she raised an eyebrow. "Afraid of the Hogwarts boogeyman?" She couldn't help it... "No match for me, lemme tell you. I'm the most dangerous thing to run in to in the dark at Hogwarts." She laughed; obviously that was not true, but the fact that most of the students were terrified of her made it rather funny... "Sure, wouldn't want you to run into something." She burst into laughter again and began strolling off towards the carriage.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 am

Adam took the teasing as it was only a matter of time before she had hers. One day Adam would be there to tease her about something she did. But...that may be a while; Adam would've probably broken his hand by then. He did that every year at least once. It was a curse actually. He grinned, it was getting dark out. He began to whistle, it helped him relax. He wasn't afraid of the dark, but being outside a place he didn't know in the dark was terrible. He laughed, "Well zen you 'aven't seen Peter before he wakes up in ze morning!" he told her. If he couldn't make fun of her then he'd make fun of her other characters. Oh yeah I went there, and I've got Betty White on my side. AND Robbin Williams, what what!!

"So, what can you tell me...about Chase." he choked out. He wanted, no, he needed to know more about her. "I'm sorry eef I'm asking too much. I just really, really, really want to know." he said. The voice in his head was making it's way out. It sounded oddly like a blue genie from some disney movie. Aaaaaah, you went there? What the heck man! I'm your fun conscience and I think you shouldn't have gone there! Oh boy, you're screwed now boy! Man the hatches, we're going under boys! WAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!!

Adam shook his head. Those voices were getting pretty annoying. "You don't 'ave to answer if you don't want to." he said quietly. To answer all his questions he'd need an oracle. Or at least a really good search engine. None of that BING or Google crap nowadays. Well, maybe a trip around the Hogwarts lake a few times could get most of them down. But he began to hum something like a show tune. He watched too much television; his parents were to blame really. They had bought that damned television. But oh well, who was he to blame for needing filler. I'm just trying to get my longest post up even higher. I'm only at 344 now so this is going to take a little while. Right now I'm breaking the fourth wall. I've gotten really good at that hey? Well the music helps really, but back to in character.

Adam sighed and kicked a rock that was on the ground. He didn't know how many times he went over it. He seemed to be in love, though nobody had said anything. He was probably being foolish is all. He at least wanted to be able to talk to her. Be comfortable around her. Not frozen like the ice cream from France. Seriously, that stuff is frozen stiff man! He just kept mulling it over in his head. He needed advice from someone. His dad maybe, but he was all the way in France. He began to drift off again, thoughts of Chase filling his head. He shook his head though wanting to forget her. He needed to focus on the objective ahead of him; getting to the carriage for a shower. He thanked the lord the carriage had showers in it. There was a bathroom for each of the guys and each of the girls. Although he swore he saw a few guys sneak into the womens showers already. It hadn't even been a day, of course that was on the way here.

He was certainly thinking quite alot tonight. Maybe he was experiencing some kind of out of France bug. He'd talk with Peter about it. Peter was always a good friend to talk about nonesense with. But sometimes he gave some good advice (hint hint Jack). It was rare but when it came it was stuff even Adam himself couldn't think of. But then again, Adam was oblivious to the obvious sometimes. Again, something that wasn't in his application. He really wanted to get into bed though too. He was tired as hell. However reading felt nice as well. Ah, so many choices. It had never been this bad at Beauxbatons. But his head was pounding so that was also adding to the factor of hell. But oh well, what's a guy to do?

He was silent for a while, he stopped now. Realizing he wanted to go to the library to look some things up. "Jack, I want to go to ze library. 'Ogwarts does 'ave a library right?" he asked, looking at her. His cut was starting to burn now; the sweat was making that happen. He looked up at the castle, it was a sight too see. It looked marvelous. Almost as good as the Beauxbatons castle actually. But his breath was taken away from him. A smile curled on his face. "Jack, keep up eef you can!" he said as he bolted for the front doors. It was where they had entered for the Welcoming Feast. He'd stop there though and wait if possible. Mainly to check if the coast was clear. But he really wanted to go to the library. As stated previous times before. 843 words man!

He felt the wind rush through his cut and he winced it really hurt now. But it was all pushed out of the way now. His common sense was kicking in. "MORON!! What do you think you're doing? You have a gash in your head, you're stinky, and chances are you won't be allowed in? What happens if the cut gets infected inside that place? And it'll be all worth some stupid little book. Something you could've gotten in the morning!!! Idiot! You know what, fine do whatever I don't care. I mean it's not like I can send Betty White after you or anything! Or can I-wait nevermind I can't. Stupid 'Angry' is having his poker night with her. Ah screw it, do whatever!

And then, he halted outside the front doors. His heart was beating, he was pretty sure it was after hours for Hogwarts. But right now he could probably be drinking some wine with Peter in the Beauxbatons carriage. He always had a little wine when they had some, but not too much. He could hear his heartbeat, it was quick. He was breathing heavy, he had really been bolting it. He bent over and put his hands on his knees, he didn't know why he was doing this. It was almost a spur of the moment thing really. Unlike him in every way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:04 am

Jack chuckled, remembering Adam's long-haired friend, who had seemed chipper enough, though she knew that easily changed in the early hours of the morning. she had a feeling it would be a comical sight to see the energetic pirate-freak early in the morning, a feeling that had nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that Jack's counterpart also had a French character named Peter. Nothing whatsoever. Why bring up this irrelevant fact? Why bring up Betty White?

He asked about Chase and she closed her eyes, sighing slightly, thought it was so soft he would not hear. It was hard to speak poorly or well of Chase after everything they had been through, and it was even more awkward to explain her to this near total stranger. She continued walking in silence and said, "Chase is a good person with a good heart, but she can be easily mislead."

There was nothing offensive or untrue about the statement before. Jack deemed the statement worthy and continued, "She can be really fun to be around." She smiled at the thought of brownies and loch ness. "She's not always the bravest girl, but she can be really smart and noble." That was true too... Though she could be easily frightened and easily made mistakes. "I don't regret becoming friends with her..."

I think...

She sighed and continued on. It was hard to act as though nothing terrible had happened between Chase and her, and the only reason she pretended was because she did not want to talk about them. Ever. Those were her own personal demons to deal with and she did not think it was okay to unload those things on others. Especially innocent foreigners who knew nothing of the insanity that ruled her life.

Suddenly, Adam expressed a wish to go to the library. They still had their brooms so Jack turned to him and gave him a confused look. "Seriously? We're like two feet away from the carriage." He suddenly told her to keep up if she could and took off running. She didn't think, just automatically responded. She was in a race. Therefore; run.

Jack quickly caught up to him and sprinted alongside him for a moment, before shooting past him. However, she had not remembered that her broomstick was older, and therefore, heavier than Adam's and she soon was sprinting alongside him again. They arrived at the same time (though she was a nose ahead, she was sure of it) and they both began panting.

"Do you always... spontaneously... decide on... studying and... racing?" she asked him between gasps. Finally she gathered her air and straightened up, clutching her sides, her cheeks pink again. "The librarian may not let us in. We may have to sneak in." There was a certain appeal to that. "What the hell do you need from the library right this minute?" she asked him with an amused grin.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:40 am

He looked at her, he could really feel his head pounding now. "I think it's the head wound. But no, not studying...well more or less. But it can wait, that running didn't help my damn head!" he said clutching his head. He slumped down against the wall now, he was lower than low. He felt something slide down his cheek. Was he crying? No he couldn't, he would hold it in. What would the other guys think, what would Jack think? He was always told he was aloud to cry but tried not to whenever possible. He really needed someone to hug him right now. Hogwarts had already messed him up and he hadn't even been there a day yet. The sun was just on the horizon. Or it was dark, I really don't remember what I said it was before.

He sniffed, not really talking. There wasn't much he could say. He needed rest and a nice friend to talk to. He hated this. He was pretty open but Jack was a complete stranger to him. So she was probably even more nervous than he was. He closed his eyes, thinking happier thoughts. Think of Father and Mother...well his mom would he hugging him now. His father would be making some sort of joke to cheer him up. But he wasn't with them right now. He was with a stranger....well not so much. They clicked, like they knew eachother already.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:53 am

Jack grinned at his words, saying, "Nevertheless, that was one of the more random things that has happened to me lately." She began chuckling, but when she looked back at Adam she saw him slump against the wall, clutching his head where he had been hurt. She stared at him for a second, the ghost of the laugh still etched on her face as her expression slipped into worry.

Jack had never been great with people, nor had she been good with feelings and comforting and all that stuff that came naturally to people. But she knew she had to do something. "Whoa, mate..." She said awkwardly, making a jerky start forward. "Uh..." She could see that he was in pain, but the gears in her brain seemed to have stalled.

He was leaning against a wall, grimacing in pain. Her vision spotted and when sh looked at him next, she felt as though she were looking at him from the end of a long tunnel. This was all familiar. Vito, crouched against he wall of his room in Satin's clutching his head, losing control, needing her. She blinked a few times, almost thinking she was back in Knockturn Alley.

No, Adam was not Vito. He was not a moody poltergeist losing control. He was a foreign student with a head injury. She crouched down next to him, putting an arm around his shoulders, something Jack did not do. She was not really a hugger or anything like that. But he needed some comfort. She at least knew that. "Are you okay?" she asked in a low voice.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:26 am

Adam was barely aware of his surroundings. What with his head feeling split and his throat which seemed to be closing. He noticed an arm around his shoulder and expected to see Juliette when he turned his head. But he saw the redheaded hair of Jack instead. He smiled, at least someone was there for him. But Peter was also there for him. However he found female comfort slightly better. Not because he was a hormonial guy. But because they seemed to understand more. Not always trying to crack a joke simple comfort. Mostly when he was upset with a guy they'd try to make him laugh. Although he didn't need to laugh when he was upset like this. He needed comfort and relief was all.

She seemed to change in an instant. She almost seemed to feel awkward...had she been through something like this before. Was he only causing more pain than he wanted. He sniffed again and shook his head. "No Jack...I don't zink I am." he said. "I don't like feeling zis way. Eet never ends well....I've been on zis end and ze ozer end as well." he sighed. He closed his eyes, holding back tears. He had never actually cried, but sometimes people needed to blow up. Or rather empty the floodgates in his case. He had gone from having an amazing night flying to slumped against the wall of a foreign school. His life was pretty f*cked up right now if you think about it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:47 am

Jack patiently listened to what he said, still not sure what to say. "You've felt this way before... Have you had another head injury?" Suddenly, she stopped, realizing he was not talking about the injury but about something more than that. She stopped and tried to switch gears, only she was not sure what gears she was supposed to switch too.

People really did not come to her for comfort, because she was not known for being the fluffy sort of person that helped with things like that. If you needed help getting out of class, or if you need a distraction for something, then Jack was the person that you came to. If you needed coddling, you found a Hufflepuff. And yet, Jack had been finding herself stepping into this role very often lately. Maybe a joke would cheer him up. Then again, it probably wouldn't.

She carefully said, "I know what you mean. You don't... You don't like feeling weak and out of control, right?" Jack knew exactly how he felt, because all summer she had hated herself for feeling that way. She patted his shoulder and said, "Need to talk about it...Or something?" She still was not sure how to go about this whole comfort thing. She had only comforted a murdering poltergeist. You think she would be better at it.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:18 am

Adam nodded at her words, they were spot on. He felt just the way she described it. He really hated feeling weak. He doubted he could take a joke right now. When he was angry there was a 60/40 chance he would kill someone if they made a joke about him or something. When he was upset like he was now...well there was a 60/40 chance he would injure himself in some way. It was normally punching a wall or something. So he appreciated her not saying a joke. Adam seemed rather Bipolar tonight...he wasn't normally like that though. Which upset him even more than it should. He really couldn't see himself getting any better soon. "Yeah...ze injury doesn't 'elp though," he told her. "Eet was when my seester and grandfazer died." he told her. He shuddered and sniffed once more. "I locked myself in my room for what seemed like forever. Eventually Peter found out and ended up being ze only one to cheer me up." he said quietly.

"But Peter knew my situation zen. I don't even know my situation now! Do I 'ave some sort of disease? Am I botteling up emotions I shouldn't? Am I een love?" he said. He hesitated before he said in love. He didn't want to sound too ahead of himself. Chances are it was a weekend crush is all. He had alot of them in his first few years of schooling. He changed when he turned fifteen though. But he didn't want to make Jack feel uncomfortable. "I'm sorry Jack..." he began. "I just...I zink I 'ave some sort of problem. Zis eesn't like me at all. I don't want to give you ze wrong impression." he said quietly. The tears were coming more steadily down his face now.

He looked at her, she barely knew him and she was comforting him. He was grateful, he liked her alot. She was a nice friend. Even though he barely knew her. He was an excellent judge of character like that. He needed to talk with Peter as well though. Perhaps Madame Benoit, she was like his mother away from his mother. Plus he wanted Sparky right now...a mans best friend was a good thing to have. He'd settle for Lou, but Lou was at home right now. He was too old now to carry letters. So he stayed at home with his dad and mom. He wanted to cuddle Sparky tonight, him and sparky were never apart when he was at home.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:39 am

Jack watched Adam, having had no idea about his deceased family. Then again, how would she have been able to know? She really knew nothing of Adam besides the fact that he was from Beauxbatons and he really liked Chase. She had thought this had to do with the injury, or maybe just the feelings he had for Chase. But it seemed like there was more to it.

He continued on, explaining how his situation seemed to have gotten worse. Jack had not had family members die, but she had been betrayed and abandoned before. Her brother, her friends... She had been hurt many times, but luckily it seemed that Adam had at least had a friend to help him through it. Still, it did not make the confusion and hurt go away.

She said in a slow voice. "You don't have a disease. You're human. The problem is that everyone is to afraid to act human. We try to act like robots." She stopped. All summer, she had felt like a robot. Going through the motions of putting on a smirk, acting as though nothing had ever fazed her, as though nothing could bring her down.

He began to apologize and she shook her head, smiling slightly. "There's nothing to apologize for. At least you're being honest. Trust me, it's refreshing." She grinned at him. Honesty was becoming rare in Hogwarts. "Sorry to hear about your losses Nothing really makes that feel better than time. And about all your confusion, I've learned pretending nothing is wrong is the worse thing to do. As for love..." She stopped. She did not need to get into Chase right now. "Time will tell, eh?" She shrugged. "I know that's not really comforting, but that's about as good as I get with this stuff." She smiled. She realized he was crying, tears coming down his face. She reached into her knapsack that she always had with her and dragged out a napkin. She handed it to him, smiling encouragingly.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top