Itching to Fly!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Itching to Fly! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Itching to Fly!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Itching to Fly! Empty Itching to Fly!

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:31 am

Adam had been itching to go out and fly ever since they got to this place. The feast was over and he needed to fly, he got permission from Madame Benoit to go for a quick fly. He was allowed an hour then back inside. He needed to let loose, this was his main way. He had changed out of his Beaxbatons uniform and puts Jeans, a white t-shirt, and a sweater on. It was too hard to fly with the men uniform on. He took a deep breath, taking in the smell of the late evening. It was fresh. The sun was beginning to set, so Adam didn't waste any time. He was on his broom with one jump and was zooming around the Hogwarts Quidditch Stadium. It took skill to fly his Firebolt, he had it custom made...well his name was engraved on it. They had to rebalance it and everything so it cost more. But it was definately worth it.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Itching to Fly! Empty Re: Itching to Fly!

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:46 am

Jack had been couped up stuck with the new students she had yet to make an impression on, the old students she could no longer impress, and the teachers who had never though her hijinks were appropriate for far too long. All of the formalities and the politeness had been rubbing her the wrong way and now it was time to release some of her pent up frustration. She sprinted from the Great Hall to retrieve her outdated but trusty Comet 260, deciding to leave her beater bat behind and she hurried down to the pitch.

She just needed to get in the air, away from the crowds full of people she did not like and undoubtedly did not like her. There was never that problem on a broomstick; well, except when they were competing, but of course, that was different. The opposing team had pretty good reasons not to like her. Key being, she could knock them off their broom and she would do it too.

She reached the pitch and saw she had been beaten outside. She squinted her eyes but did not recognize the figure. She knew it was a male but she was fairly sure it could not be someone from one of the teams; she would be able to tell. She mounted her broom and kicked up, rising quickly before bending over her broom and rocketing after the person. Common courtesy of the field did not apply to Jack... ever.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:05 am

Adam had been enjoying his quiet flying, simply circling the pitch. He noticed someone else join him, he was used to seeing in the dark. "Oh 'ello'." he said as she flew closer to him. "What brings you 'ere?" he asked her. Was she practising or was she doing what he was, escaping it all. He was hovering right now, but he really wanted to zoom around the pitch. "I'll be right back..." he told her as he began to fly around the pitch once more. He flew a few times, it was a small field. Much smaller than the one at Beauxbaton's. But he would live, hopefully they'd hold some sort of two on two or something. He was pretty sure he and Peter were the only ones who brought brooms.

He stopped flying as soon as he took off and then hovered by Jack once again. "Sorry, I just really love to fly." he said chuckling. "I 'ope you deed not think eet was rude," he aske her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:15 am

Jack pulled alongside him and saw that it was the boy who had needed rescuing earlier due to some problems functioning. She grinned. "Hey, Adam," she said. "I'm just having some fun, hiding from the world of teenage politics." She rolled her eyes and smirked at her comment. He excused himself and continued on and she took the opportunity to go into a steep dive. She loved diving and tricks more than anything, though she was not yet a big fan of standing and flying. She was cool with jumping off her broom, hanging off of it, and doing stupid tricks on it, but she did not like the feeling of standing on it.

She pulled out of th dive just yards from the ground and brought the broom into a 180, shooting back up, before letting herself corkscrew, lessening the gap between the broom and herself to created a tunnel of wind around her. She leveled out at the height Adam was circling and stopped, going into a roll to release some of her energy. Adam had returned and now her hair was sticking out crazily and she was pink in the face from the fun.

He apologized and she let her broom float over towards him so she could hear what he was saying and she waved a hand. "Pshaw, it's fine. I would not be out here if I did not love to fly. Trust me, I understand." She usually would not start a conversation on the Quidditch field because she would rather be flying, but she really had to know something. "So... what was that whole thing with Chase today?" She raised an eyebrow in confusion, but gave him a wry smirk.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:09 am

Adam blushed and then shrugged, he really didn't know what happened. But he could act cool around this girl. She was very pretty, but she didn't have the same effect Chase had on him. What was wrong with him? Or was it her? Who knew, he needed some help. He looked at her, his cheeks bright red. "I really 'ave no ideea," he told her quietly. "Somezing just...came over me." He was worried, and how he had been acting afterwards. He greatly appreciated his headmistress for getting him out of that situation. Had anyone besides Peter seen he'd be screwed. People would never leave him alone...ever. He had been thinking about it, but came up with no explanation at all.

He wondered something, "Are you..friends weeth Chase?" he asked her hopefully. If they were friends, maybe Jack could help him out. "Cause, I was wondering eef you could 'elp me out. You know, help me..uh, whoo her." he said, not sure what to say. Was whoo a proper term here, cause in Beauxbatons it was pretty much used amungst the guys when they were feeling slumpy or lazy. If that made any sense at all, he felt the breeze pick up and suddenly remembered he was on a broom. The crash to reality nearly sent him tumbling off. He held on however but just by quickly tighting his legs together. His cheeks filled with red again and he looked at Jack. Great, now he was looking like an idiot around other people too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:19 am

Jack felt an amused smirk creep onto her face as a blush began to spread on his face. This poor guy had really crashed and burned it seemed. She knew very well just how important keeping one's confidence and dignity was, and she felt sorry that he had had to lose his momentarily. Jack rarely ever let herself get into such situations, though they had occurred increasingly over the summer... "Hey it's cool, it happens... I guess." She chuckled; again, she did not have much experience getting upset over the opposite sex. Jack was not a dating person.

He asked if Chase and she were friends. She opened her mouth, and then closed it. "I... uh... We used to be really good friends. And we... We don't hate each other or anything like that, we just... I dunno. I think we're okay." She struggled to be able to find a balance between what she hoped was true and what was true.

Suddenly, Adam slipped from his broom and she twitched. He broom felt this and slid forward a bit but he righted himself and she touched her broom, bringing it to a smooth halt. Adam was scarlet again, and she chuckled light-heartedly to let him know it was fine. "You okay?" she teased lightly.

Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:18 am

Adam nodded and regained his confidence, "Sorry, I don't normally slip when I'm on a broom." he told her. He flew slightly towards the left more towards Jack. He had been slowly drifting, his mind set on Chase. "Right well, enough talking! How's about we have a race?" he aked using a scottish accent. He didn't know why he chose Scottish, he was in a Scotty mood really. If it weren't for the whether he'd be wearing a kilt...not really but whatever. Filler is filler, that's that. He tightened his grip on his broom and made fake engine noises. They were the kind a child would make if they were imagining they were in a car.

"I'm sure you could stand up to me. After all, the name is LaRoche, Adam Laroche." he said using a really cheesey accent he heard from a James Bond Movie. "I'm just looking for excuses to use accents now!" he said returning to his french accent. "Sorry eef eet get's annoying." He began to circle her, making the jaws sound effects. He was legitametly being an idiot now, he felt cool around Jack. She was almost like him, only a little more out there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:27 am

Jack laughed at his accent, and began to prep herself for a race. When it came to Quidditch she was serious as Sirius Black, oh yeah, I went there. However, the accent was pretty funny, so she allowed herself to postpone competitiveness to chuckle as he switched to James Bond. She imitated him. "Shaken, not stirred."

He began to circle her, singing the Jaws theme and she raised an eyebrow before letting out a semi-evil chuckle. "Oh how precious. You think that you're the shark." She smirked at him. "That's funny. Oh, and didn't you say something about... a race. Well..." She grinned. "Eet was nice knowing you!" She laid the French accent on thick before bending low over her broom and taking off like a bullet.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:42 am

Adam was quick to follow her and catch up to her. "Oi Lassie, we didn't lay down the rules!" he called in a scottish accent as they began to circle the pitch. He was right beside her, although he could be way ahead of her. He was being fair, "First one around the pitch seven times wins!" he said in the same accent, and then he began to trail forward a little bit. He could feel the wind rushing past him, he loved that feeling. There wasn't anything greater than that feeling, besides the cuddle of a woman. He'd never actually kissed a girl before. He had never even slept with a girl before. Hell, over half the guys at Beauxbatons were not virgins.

He wasn't sure about the girls, he had never asked. Just the topic always came up alot in conversation in the boys bunks. He was pretty sure Peter was the only virgin besides himself he knew. But hey, he didn't know and he didn't want to mess Peter/Jack's plot up. He was too busy thinking about all this that he had little time to realize that he was about to hit a goal post. He swerved out of the way and went tumbling down, it was only about fifteen feet though before he fell off his broom. He landed with a thud, and he just lay there. He felt fine, no immediate injuries.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:44 pm

Jack smirked when he caught up to her and she allowed herself to slow down so they were not racing top speed and yelling over the wind. She listened to the rules of the race and grinned, it seemed easy enough. She was pretty quick, so she knew she had this in the bag. Her hands choked up on the neck of her broom and readjusted, her arms tensing in preparation for the race...

Wham! She turned to see Adam topple and fall to the ground with a thump. She immediately turned her broom and dived the rest of the way, hopping off seven feet from the ground. He seemed fine so she could not stop herself from saying, "By the way, there was a goal post right there." She smirked and then walked over to him, kneeling. "You okay? All in one piece?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top