Lesson 1 - Basic Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 1 - Basic Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 1 - Basic Level

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 1 - Basic Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson 1 - Basic Level

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:23 pm

OOC: I have applied to join this class, and i'm not waiting to be accepted. I couldn't resist. LOL

Andrew entered the classroom a couple of minutes late and stopped short, his blood running cold the moment he saw Doyle. Doyle triggered strong reminders, in almost every sense of the word, for Andrew of his father. Well, wasn't this just a lovely start to the day? The new headmaster was almost his freaking father! The unruly dark hair, the way he sat on the desk, clutching his cane, the look of pure disdain on Doyle's face. They were textbook characteristics his father, except that Andrew's father was generally drunk as well. He remembered almost too well, how his father would sit on the edge of a pub table, clutching his trademark walking stick, scowling at Andrew and belittling him.

He went quietly over to his seat. He had been looking forward to potions, but he didn't think this was going to be a smooth comfortable ride. Not for him, and probably, if Andrew decided to show his true colors, not for Doyle either. He would do his best to behave, but no one knew the anger the 12 year old housed on a number of levels. He hoped he could keep it all reeled in and not lash out at the old snarky headmaster. And that was what Andrew saw he was. Just a snarky old man.

He sat down in his seat and got out his text and notebook and quill and waited for the sparks to start.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:31 pm

((Because i'm sure you don't want me writing a post with little to no point other than "SAm raised his hand" I'm going to god-mode you nodding, maybe barking "Get a move on" or something similar, so that we don't have to wait long for no answer. That's ok? I hope))

"Yeah, that's me," he said, smiling at the newcomer, a young hufflepuff girl, judging by the crest on her robes, and the happy look on her face. "Nice to meet you, i'm sorry you are?" He asked, grinning bashfully, as he didn't have a clue as to who he was talking to.

Then the Headma-... teacher started talking. Boy, he seemed like a prick, from his first thoughs, he did seem to know what he was talking about, but he was certainly a prick. Joy. One of those teachers.

Hearing the question, after an age of rambling, the type that teachers seemed to love spurting Sam put up his hand.

((Insert gruff reply here))

"Potions, sir, is the study of... well, potions, in basic terms. It's the study of how to make potions, different techniques, the way different ingredients and methods will react, the best way to make them, really," he said, pausing for a second before resuming. "On the other hand, it's also very focused on studying the effects of the potions themselves, what their effects, how they react when used with different substances, all that Jazz." He told them, "If you were asking what they are, Potions are liquids with magical properties that vary from potion to potion, some may help people, some could kill them, some enlarge, and some shrink them, it depends on the potion," he finished, nodding at the teacher, hoping he'd covered it effectively
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:41 am

Cecilia walked into the Postions class room relizeing she was late. she took her seat and tryed to used her hair to hide her face. " grate now the professor will pick me out of the whole class." she thought to her self. "why did I have to sleep in late?"
OOC: sorry i know its a little short i was haveing a problem with what to put into the post.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Percy Weasley Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:28 am

The study of potions was dead boring so far. Cassie had be psyched for it, since it was well known that all Slytherins were amazing at potions, and her parents were both great potioneers when they were in school.

Unfortunately, there hadn't been any actual potions yet. Even watching Mrs Hale brew one was more interesting than this class. At least Mrs Hale let Cassie stir the cauldron. She would be surprised if they even touched a cauldron before the end of this class.

Percy Weasley
Percy Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:41 pm

''Good... I'll call you Rugby Boy... five points for you House, the Gryffindor Giants... and yes, I do know the difference between Rugby and Football'', he said.

''Now, as for you two... Hair Kid... you're from my House... I do not expect you to be late... and you, I-Am-The-Best-All-Of-You-Are-Boring girl, well... you get ten points from Slytherin... isn't that lovely? Now you can brag to the Slytherin Buccaneers that you have managed to lose ten points on the first day'', he replied.

''Now, what are the essential instruments you need for Potion brewing and do not hesitate to name a few examples... and please, do it faster this time... Father Time does not wait for your Pea-brains to activate...'', he said.
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Number of posts : 190
Special Abilities : Apparation, Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Non-verbal Magic
Occupation : Owner of Slugs & Jiggers; Potions Master at Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:54 pm

"Sir first dont you need a cauldron, The ingredients and the instructions for brewing?" Aurora said boldly. She didnt care if it was right or not those were some things you did need to brew a potion. "Like for the Polyjuice potion.. You need certain things that you dont need for others.." She explained her answer She honestly could care less if he said it was wrong or right as long as she knew what she was talking about
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Percy Weasley Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:13 pm

What the hell? He so couldn't do that. She'd just been sitting here, quietly listening to the lesson. Okay, so she had been thinking it was boring, and maybe it showed on her face, but that was no reason to take points.

Cassie sat up straight and raised her hand.

"Professor, the school manual says the house point system is for positive reinforcement and as such you have to provide the student with a clear reason when you deduct points. I don't understand the reason you're taking points from me."

When all else failed, cite precedent.
Percy Weasley
Percy Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:28 am

Andrew wanted to laugh out loud. In fact he found himself covering his mouth quickly with his hand and trying hard to hide behind his potions book. This student absolutely had no clue about what sort of a door she was opening with this guy. Andrew had seen the snarky-old-fart personality type more than once. The only thing that she was going to gain from citing the rules to the Headmaster himself was liable to be more sarcasm. It was going to be interesting to see how the professor responded to rules and regulations in the first place. That had Andrew curious. He had already decided how he was going to deal with him. His approach, he decided, was going to be fairly simple. Keep himself as far under the Headmaster's radar as possible, and under no circumstance was he going to let the man see if he ever got to him. But then again, that was how Andrew coped with any sort of man that reminded him of his father. It might have seemed like a wimpy approach, but it had kept Andrew alive, so it had appeared to him like it had been at least partly successful.

He was not going to look at Cassie, and he swore he was not, absolutely not, going to giggle. No matter how much the giggle was trying to push itself out of Andrew's lips. And the more he stifled it, the harder it was getting. This class might turn out to be fun after all. Shoot, at this rate, it might take all term for his classmates to get the new Headmaster figured out. Andrew didn't have to understand him. Wasn't interested in trying, really. He just didn't want to be Doyle's target.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:28 am

''The School Manual also says I have to teach students who have a normal intelligence quotient, not idiots'', he replied, turning to Aurora. ''Well, Great Depression, it does seem you have something in that little head of yours. The answer is correct. But now, that you have mentioned Polyjuice'', he said and looked around, stopping at Andrew. The boy that had freaked out upon entering the classroom.

''You, Freak-Out-Laugh boy, on your feet. I know I am tall, handsome and blond, but you do not have to wet your pants upon entering. Now, I understand that was funny earlier, but let me see... do you know what is it that we need for Polyjuice and do not need for the others? I do not want you to tell me the whole ingredient list... just the one important thing'', he replied.
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Number of posts : 190
Special Abilities : Apparation, Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Non-verbal Magic
Occupation : Owner of Slugs & Jiggers; Potions Master at Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Percy Weasley Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:13 am

That was not the way anyone spoke to a Crius. Not anyone with a brain, that is. However, Cassie knew how to deal with people who had superiority complexes. It was hard to be truly superior without encountering them sometimes.

"Well then, I do hate to leave, but since I'm obviously too dense to benefit from being here, I'll have to let everyone else enjoy your delightful attentions," she said.

She gathered up her things, reflecting on the money her parents had wasted buying them - the headmaster would be getting an owl from her father about that before the end of the week - and dumped them into her bag.

Percy Weasley
Percy Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top