Lesson 1 - Basic Level
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 1 - Basic Level Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 1 - Basic Level

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 1 - Basic Level Empty Lesson 1 - Basic Level

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:37 pm

Bloody hell, he came here only to be the Headmaster, and to think that he had almost been denied that promise, and now he is limping to the Dungeons to teach Potions... all over again, to hormone raging brats who have absolutely no interest in these bottles filled with colorful liquids. Yes, he had been some sort of puppet Headmaster, but he did actually have far more authority than anyone thought, which made him a powerful nemesis to those who wanted to control him, but more on that later, right? He sat on top of his desk, starting to play with his cane, waiting for the brats to arrive.
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Number of posts : 190
Special Abilities : Apparation, Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Non-verbal Magic
Occupation : Owner of Slugs & Jiggers; Potions Master at Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Lesson 1 - Basic Level Empty Re: Lesson 1 - Basic Level

Post by Keith Nicholas Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Keith pushed open the heavy door to the potion classroom, biting his lip when he realized the only other one there was the teacher. And, by extension, the headmaster. Keith gulped slightly, but took his seat in the middle of the classroom, digging out his book and dropping it on the desk in front of him. The first day was always an introduction, especially for the ickle-firsty-kens that hadn't yet had a potions class, so there wasn't much chance anything interesting would actually happen.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Aurora walked into the classroom. She noticed that keith was already there and slightly waved at him. As usual, She walked up to the professor and gave him a note. "Here It's from my god parents." At that, She took a seat in the back. The note read,

Dear Sir,
We would like to ask you to take
It a bit easy on Little Aurora as
She has been being a bit different
Lately and its kind of bad.
Thanks,
Mr and Mrs Rolanders

Aurora looked around the classroom coldly. This room was like all others. An average potions classroom.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Weasley Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Lucy walked in to see Aurora handing over a note. It was almost comical, how right Professor Archer had been. After the debacle in Dark Arts, most people would have taken a hint and kept their personal problems private, but Aurora was still hanging her hopes on garnering sympathy from the staff.

With a sigh, Lucy reluctantly took the seat next to the Gryffindor, despite the fact that it would doubtless put her in the line of fire when Aurora started arguing with the professor, and the fact that she'd probably be partnered with the girl if they made anything this lesson.

"You have to stop this," she said in an undertone. "All our professors are Death Eaters; they don't care what's wrong with you and if you tell them, they'll just use it against you."

She unpacked her parchment and quills before continuing.

"And for Merlin's sake stop baiting them. It's not all about you, and it's not about being fair. They're bullies; you can hardly expect them to be fair."
Lucy Weasley
Lucy Weasley
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Aurora looked at the girl. she had a cold look in her eyes. Without saying one single word, Aurora stood up and moved to the other side of the room so she didnt have to deal with that girl. She never liked that girl, Never will. She didnt like much people at the moment and didnt care of the professors were death eaters or not. Maybe they could kill her for all she cared. Anything would be better than being depressed all the time.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethel Prerana Atkinson Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:42 am

Potions! Ethel was looking forward to potions. She was looking forward to all her classes, to be honest, but potions was right up there at the top. I mean, shrinking solutions? How cool were they? You could shrink anyone who annoyed you and keep them in a jar!

With air holes, of course. Ethel wasn't a complete monster.

She skipped into the dungeon and dropped her bag under the first bench she saw. This was going to be the best fun. She wondered whether the professor would let them make anything today, or if it would just be a lesson about learning everyone's names.
Ethel Prerana Atkinson
Ethel Prerana Atkinson

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:33 pm

Sam walked down the stairs to the colder, darker parts of the castle, the Dungeons. He followed the path to the Potions Dungeon, his footsteps echoing as he rushed to arrive, hoping he wouldn't be late for the first lessons of term. Though, he would have an excuse, or so he thought, after the disastrous trip on the train.

Pushing the door open he walked in and found a large portion of the class had assembled, with the stern looking professor... headmaster... sitting at the front of the class, clearly trying to make himself look as stern as possible. "Good morning Professor," he said, nodding to the man before looking around at the assembled students, not recognising a face amoung them.

Deciding to play the gender card he pulled a stool up at the same bench as Keith giving the boy a smile. "Hello," he said with a smile. "I'm Sam," he told Keith, putting his hand out to shake, hoping the boy accepted. School was hard enough without the added pressure of trying to make friends.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Zamojska Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:42 am

Leanne just ended up her little snack by the tree outside and was fresh and ready to start with the class. Potions were always here strong side so she liked the class. "Afternoon Headmaster.." she said as she dragged her feet into the dungeons and took her usual seat in the front, taking out her notebook, ink and quil and finishing up getting ready to the class. I wonder does Desmond take this class she thought for herself.

So instead of shutting up like all normal people do when class starts she turned to the boy that was closest to her. Even though she saw him around they never really met. "Hi there. You're Samuel right?" she asked talkative. Since Desmond wasn't here, she had to find another friend.
Alexandra Zamojska
Alexandra Zamojska
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 59
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:08 pm

''What is this?'', he wondered, looking at Aurora. ''Your stepparents are either complete morons or you're even more stupid than them, trying to raise sympathy like that. I am limping, I experience extreme physical pain every day and you... you're crazy... that is no excuse. If you're not competent to follow my classes, get the hell out and return whenever you are ready. If anyone tries to get out by being stupid, stay in your dormitories... it will be safer for you'', he explained, returning the paper to Aurora.

''Now, good day you all... you're still young, most of you, so I cannot say you're sex-driven brats, but you're not far from that. I am professor Edgar Doyle... like the author, Head of Ravenclaw House and, sadly or luckily, your Headmaster. The latter means that you do not come running to me if you have problems... and the part about medical advice was mainly meant as a joke... don't come unless you're pretty sure you're dieing. Now, I have heard that you do not know bull about Potions since that overconfident idiot decided to remove the subject. That is exactly why I shall demand hard work and that is exactly why I shall accept only those who passed their exams with an O to join my newts... you don't know shit, which is why I shan't be wasting my time teaching you the basics nor will I be here to correct your mistakes... who has talent, or better to say the thing for my subject won't have any problems getting an O... the ones that don't... I do not care, your problem. Now, I shan't be doing much walking here, but that does not mean you can pull anything on me... I see, hear and sense everything... oh yes, I also know when you're not telling the truth... do try me, please. I am not responsible for your safety here, I only have to teach you, so if you blow yourselves or your comrades up, you're responsible. Also, those who are late shan't be accepted into class, so better stay in, you'll avoid the detention. Now, for startes... what is Potions all about?'', he asked, scanning through the classroom.
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Number of posts : 190
Special Abilities : Apparation, Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Non-verbal Magic
Occupation : Owner of Slugs & Jiggers; Potions Master at Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Aurora did nothing. If he wouldnt understand she wouldnt answer one single question he asked anyone or even her. She would be silent even if he asked her a question. No one called her or her parents stupid. It wasnt her fault or her parents that she couldnt control if she was mad or not and no one in the whole entire would ever understand this or so it seemed to her and her brother and parents.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top