Lesson 1 - Basic Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 1 - Basic Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 1 - Basic Level

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 1 - Basic Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson 1 - Basic Level

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:45 am

Abbey arrived to Transfiguration, luckily not late. She said a hello to the Professor before sitting herself down in a seat at random. She looked around and took in her surroundings and placed her clasped hands in front of her on her desk. Abbey tapped her foot lightly on the ground and waited for class to start.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:46 pm

''It seems that these starts of term do bring a lot of people in class. But sadly, the ends only leave a few. But apologize my digression, it has nothing to do with you'', McCoy said, standing up. ''Good day to you all, my name is William Winston McCoy and I shall be teaching you Transfiguration this term. Seeing that this is my second consecutive term here after a longer hiatus, I do hope that things will run more smoothly this year. It is nice to see some familiar faces, like Miss Dawn over here, but it is also extremely pleasant to see that we have some additions in my classroom today. I do hope that you will be as prompt as today even in ten months when we shall, roughly, finish with this term. So, as this term's Transfiguration classes have now officially started, I would like to welcome all of you and wish you all the best during our time together.'', he said. ''Now, before we begin, I would like to clear some technicalities. These Basic classes are pretty simple and should not cause much problems, they are based on spells and that is all you will have to memorize. As per that, I expect all of you to work hard and not have much problems, but also, if you ever have any doubts or problems, be sure to ask me and I shall assist in any way possible. What you will require in class are your text-books, a parchment or a notebook, whatever suits you, a quill and a functional wand. You will need to take notes, hence some of the things we will mention in class won't be written in your textbooks. Also, you will need to write and turn in your homework, although you will not have much of that here in my classes. You shall be tested via exams, oral and written, and practical exams which will culminate in the Final Exam during the summer. Just to know, for those of you who are planning on taking my N.E.W.T. classes next term, you shall have to have at least an E when term finishes. Those of you who do not satisfy that requirement won't be able to attend my N.E.W.T. classes, as they are extremely difficult and require lots of knowledge and labor. Also, I do not want you to be late. Last term, I have, until a certain point, tolerated that, but this term, there will be penalties for being late on class. Also, do behave properly as it would be better for all of us to have an normal relationship. And that would be it, generally. If I remember anything later, I shall add it'', he continued. ''Now, for those of you who are knew, both to me and this school, I would like for someone to state what Transfiguration is?'', he said with a smile.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Number of posts : 226
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Aurora shot up her hand and said. "Sir Trasfiguration is the art of changing the form and appearance of an object and the vanishing of objects. It can be done with most or if not all objects." She said in her depressing voice. She was controlling her anger and emotions today so she for once is actually depressed and angry. She put her hand down and looked back down at her desk without another word.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:26 pm

''Well... it should be satisfactory for an initial response.'', he said. Her definition is good, but it had a few flaws, the biggest one bing that it was incomplete. ''Now... about transfiguring all objects... can you transfigure a planet or Mount Everest? A question for all of you to think about... can we transfigure Mars into a buttercup? Or Mount Everest into a lab rat? Also... what is with humans and other living beings? Can we transfigure plants and animals into other species or objects?'', he asked.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Number of posts : 226
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Luna thought for a moment and raised her hand, "Transfiguration has its limits. The objects must at least be the same size or materials as to not break the first law of matter, which is that it cannot be created nor destroyed. Big things, like planets or mountains cannot be transfigured because they are too big for any human magic to do so. However, there is something called Animagus, which is a type of Transfiguration. It changes a human into an animal and back again."
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield

Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Laurisi Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:54 pm

Ezra arrived, he looked quite sick. He had a note from the Hospital Wing explaining that he was late because he was examined for his cold. His breathing was heavy as he passed the note to the teacher. He sat down beside Luna and put his supplies on the desk. He had a stain on his shirt from when he vomited and wiped his mouth there. He forgot to clean it. He didn't look the least bit presentable in class, but if one is sick, how could they?
Ezra Laurisi
Ezra Laurisi

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Paul Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:07 am

Ashley walked into the classroom to see that it had already started. Her cheeks turned red and she knew that she was in trouble. This would no doudt be the second detention for her today. But she frowned and walked to a nearby desk, pulling out her things. She looked up at the other kids and recognized some from other classes, but not many. She looked up at the professor as he scowled her for being late. She winsed then waited for the pain to come.
Ashley Paul
Ashley Paul

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:58 am

Sam smiled and took the seat next to Samantha, quickly pulling his stuff out as the lesson began. "Nice to meet you Aurora," he whispered, reaching over and shaking her hand before paying attention to the front. ((Excuse the god-mode there, hope you don't mind.))

He listened to what each of them had to say, nodding and jotting a few notes down as they spoke, before raising his own hand. "There are also, and forgive if i'm wrong sir, some rules regarding food? Aren't there? Something about not being able to make it out of nothing... i think that was the rule. Does that mean that you can't duplicate it? Which, by the way, is another feature of Transfiguration.. duplication, i mean." he said, hoping he'd not come off as too much of an idiot.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:40 pm

She was late again, not too late, but still late. Odette couldn't believe herself that she got late on almost all her classes. What was wrong with her today. She hurried up towards the door and opened them entering the classroom. "Sorry i'm late Professor McCoy i ... slept in.." she said quickly deciding truth is better then a lie.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:17 pm

Aurora looked around and sank low in her seat. Of course like everywhere else she goes everyone is smarter than her. Like everyone else people have to make her look like an idiot. She wasnt going to pass these classes if she cant do anything without being corrected. She wasnt going to speak anymore. She wished she knew a spell that could make her to where she couldnt speak that wasy she wouldnt be tempted to speak. All she did was lay her head down and cover her mouth with her hand.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top