When you Read HP - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

When you Read HP - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

When you Read HP

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do you imagine when you read the HP book?

When you Read HP - Page 2 Bar_left5%When you Read HP - Page 2 Bar_right 5% 
[ 1 ]
When you Read HP - Page 2 Bar_left95%When you Read HP - Page 2 Bar_right 95% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

When you Read HP - Page 2 Empty Re: When you Read HP

Post by Darren Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:34 am

i only see the movies for the sake of it, i mean the movies ARE dissapointing

However, while im reading the books i do imagine all the characters as portrayed in the movies. However i imagine nearly everything else my own way.. Smile
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:32 pm

SO harry potter 1 was the frist book i ever read so bota and me at frist i placed my own freinds in the spots of charecters than when the movie came out i filled the charecters and settings in
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:46 am

SpartanWizard wrote:
Professor Arianna wrote:Neither... The movies are so dissapointing really. None of them have nearly enough of the actual plot line involed, but I guess as far as movies go they're allright. As far as cartoonish goes, I'm surprised that I don't see it like that considering all of the fan art I look at, and draw (badly, lol).

I had read 1-5 befor I saw any of the movies, and none of the actors looked the way I imagined them so all the characters are mostly just in my head. lol.

But the point is that once you read the book and see the movie it makes it easier to picture. For example when I saw Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone I read the book after that and I coukd picture the Great Hall crystal clearly. Yes I admit the movi ruins the book but when you use the movie and shape it into the book itself it's alot like watching the movie in your head.

Well as for the scenes, yes you're right. I could imagine the Great Hall and the Grounds, and Hagrids hut, event the Forbidden forrest much much better. Didn't really think of that though, after I saw the movies it just felt like I had known what they looked like all along, you know?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:04 am

Haha i always felt liked that when i watch the movies
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:31 pm

Whenever I read any kind of books, it doesn't necessary has to be Harry Potter, I get the movie way to me. I read how the person looks like, and I get the slosest real person I've seen into my mind. Don't ask me why, it just happens. I don't think I've ever seen a cartoon person in my mind when I've been reading books.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Cullen Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:00 pm

Movie way, sure! I'm a bit old to imagine cartoons, don't you think?I'm 15 year old....
Alexandra Cullen
Alexandra Cullen

Number of posts : 4088

Back to top Go down

Post by Adebola Adeagbo Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:14 pm

I'll read it in a movie way because I like all HP books
Adebola Adeagbo
Adebola Adeagbo

Number of posts : 1551

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:03 am

Yea Movie ways is much more cooler, the rest of the part that wasn't in the movie i have it movie way and the scene my way
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:09 pm

Movie way! I never imagined only one scene like a cartoon.
HP cartoon.It would be kind of funny. Very Happy
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:13 pm

AS for how the movies are set up I don't know if I would have like them if they were cartoons. It would have been weird.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Number of posts : 13516
Special Abilities : Wandless

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top