When you Read HP
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

When you Read HP Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

When you Read HP

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do you imagine when you read the HP book?

When you Read HP Bar_left5%When you Read HP Bar_right 5% 
[ 1 ]
When you Read HP Bar_left95%When you Read HP Bar_right 95% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

When you Read HP Empty When you Read HP

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:40 am

When you Read Harry Potter Books how do you imagine it in your head? i think of them in the movie way
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

When you Read HP Empty Re: When you Read HP

Post by Founder Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:17 am

Me too! I always imagine it as the movie way, because, I've read the books after seeing the movies.
Founder

Number of posts : 4824

https://www.pottersarmy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:35 am

LOl i like it the movies way
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:46 am

Its different with me, places like Hogwarts and others are my own imagination, but the faces of the main characters are definitely from the movie. Plots and storylines are also my own imaginatin coz the book is so much detailed then the movie. However my imagination is definitely not cartoonish Razz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:20 am

Same here When I try to imangie it it always manages to shift into the move way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:34 am

Everyone will say Movie way i bet ya LOL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:38 am

Professor Flitwick wrote:Its different with me, places like Hogwarts and others are my own imagination, but the faces of the main characters are definitely from the movie. Plots and storylines are also my own imaginatin coz the book is so much detailed then the movie. However my imagination is definitely not cartoonish Razz

I agree with you Professor flitwick like when I read about chracters i imagine the actors but settings are still my imagination Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:58 am

Wow first two people with Cartoonish way
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:27 am

Neither... The movies are so dissapointing really. None of them have nearly enough of the actual plot line involed, but I guess as far as movies go they're allright. As far as cartoonish goes, I'm surprised that I don't see it like that considering all of the fan art I look at, and draw (badly, lol).

I had read 1-5 befor I saw any of the movies, and none of the actors looked the way I imagined them so all the characters are mostly just in my head. lol.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:13 am

Professor Arianna wrote:Neither... The movies are so dissapointing really. None of them have nearly enough of the actual plot line involed, but I guess as far as movies go they're allright. As far as cartoonish goes, I'm surprised that I don't see it like that considering all of the fan art I look at, and draw (badly, lol).

I had read 1-5 befor I saw any of the movies, and none of the actors looked the way I imagined them so all the characters are mostly just in my head. lol.

But the point is that once you read the book and see the movie it makes it easier to picture. For example when I saw Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone I read the book after that and I coukd picture the Great Hall crystal clearly. Yes I admit the movi ruins the book but when you use the movie and shape it into the book itself it's alot like watching the movie in your head.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top