Cave Dwellers - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Cave Dwellers - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Cave Dwellers

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cave Dwellers - Page 2 Empty Re: Cave Dwellers

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:12 pm

Andrew felt his phone vibrate and he quickly snatched it out from his pocket. He pressed a couple of buttons that were on the screen and her message appeared to him. Reading it quickly, he clicked 'Reply' and typed 'One Sec'. He then pressed send, which the message was sent in a second. "Be right back Chase," he said, then apparated to where the tree was, with nearly no thought. A moment later, he stood behind Mariana and tapped her lightly on the shoulder.

"This is the thing I pretty much wanted to show you," he said, holding out the small red box he held in his right hand. The wood looked pristine, maybe even new to most people, but the paint seemed archaic and chipped in many different places. "It has a lock on it, and I was hoping that you could unlock it, with your Graduate powers and all."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Mariana quickly turned around once she heard there was someone behind her. Fortunatly it was only Andrew and not anyone else she wouldn't like to see. "Oh Hi Andrew good to see you too." she said rolling her eyes before she turned to the tree. "I have no idea how did i get here in the first place." she muttered for herself looking around.

Next thing she was aware of is that she was observing the tree that made her stay here in the first place. Her eyes were fixed on the little red box hoping it wasn't what she was thinking. "I hope you didn't propose to someone and i interupted you.." she said quietly not sure was it a joke or not. "Nice tree, but i am not rather sure what to unlock here." she quickly said as she drew her 10 and 1/4 inches long wand and started examining the tree. It did have some odd marks, but she waited for Andrew to tell her what was she looking for in the first place.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:29 pm

Andrew nodded and then said "Good to see you too." He stpped in front of Mari and pulled out Merlins gloves, cleverly disguised as two leather gloves. After a sudden flash of light, they transformed into 2 silver gauntlets. "Lumos!" he casted, and all of the fingertips on his left hand suddenly lit up into a bright light. "Strange," he commented on Maris sudden arrival "you could have just apparated and didn't know it. Happens to me most of the time."

Andrew then made a smirk on his face, and said in a playful tone "Oh shut up. I'm just here because I needed to get away from the noise in New York. Nothing more nothing less." After a few moments of examination, Andrew found something on the back of the tree, near the roots of it. "Hey Mari, I found something!" he said, kneeling next to the anomaly. It looked like a picture of the Deathly Hallows, but it was turned upside down, the tip of the triangle pointing towards him as he looked at it.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Mariana watched at the gloves with a very suspicious look after she saw what they did in front of her. "Do i even want to ask where did you get those from?" she commented on loud hoping that was all they could do. Cursed gloves were the last thing she needed. "Yeah i could have if i concetrated on you. But you weren;t here and i never even saw this place in my life." she agreed partly though deciding to examin later what happened.

"I had to check," she smiled as she watched him dissappaer behind the tree. Two moments later she walked up to him and crouched down to see what was that Andrew found. She turned her head upside down to make sure the symbol she saw was real. "That'\s pretty weird. Don't touch it." she said pointing her wand towards the mark. "Revelio!" she said loud and clear, but then TRAS, sign threw them 5 meters behind. "That thing has a self-defence mehanizm." she exclamied from the grass where she layed on before she got up in sitting position.

[[OOC:Sorry to god-mod you, if you want i can edit.]]
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:57 pm

[No it's okay.]

"I got these from Egypt," he replied calmly, and his voice normal, just on the line of outdoor "managedto find them in an old pyramid, and ever since I found these, I couldn't find the Siren. A damn shame really." Andrew was now curious about what she had said. A portkey maybe? Or maybe someone really was watching them, waiting for something.

Suddenly, Andrew felt himself being pushed back and landing on his back. He groaned slightly, not expecting the sudden push, and made his way back up to his feet. He thought for a moment, and then decided to try something. He made his way over back to the icon and held his hand out towards the mark.

"Revelio!" he casted, and suddenly there was a clicking sound. He raised an eyebrow and moved his head towards Mari's direction. "I think I got-" but was interuppted by a sudden force that moved his hand back, nearly throwing him to the ground. "Dammit!" he swore loudly, feeling his arm nearly dislocating. Suddenly, a small click was heard again, and a small entrance hole appeared where the mark was. "Could you get whatever is in the hole?" he asked, pointing to the hole "I need to see if I freaking broke anything. That freaking hurt!"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:33 pm

Mariana watched as Andrew did not give up and went to try same thing as her, but with another TRAS he was thrown backwards by the time she was able to get up. "That louzy thing has a self-defence mehanizm careful." she said before she glared into the whole that Andrew just made before slightly approaching. It was big enough for her to somehow crawl inside.

Suddenly she felt like she was out of air. Smoke was spreading all around and she started gasping covering her mouth. "It's a lot hot in here Andrew. I think there's way 100 meters down that leads to fire." she said sending red sparks to protect herself from the increasing smoke. "Are you sure you're alright there? If you need healing i am a healer." she asked worried not wanting to go any further before she would make sure he was okay.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Andrew's arm began to feel a lot better after a moment. He was glad it wasn't dislocated, or worse broken. He flung his arm a couple of times, to help relieve the pain and it finnaly felt normal again. "Why not use the bubble headed charm? They hold pure air for an hour." He knelt next to the hole and saw the smoke flying out of the tree. Fiendfyre maybe? "We should probably get help or something. An Auror, maybe."

He stood back up and looked around, trying to see if he saw Chase or not. She probably left already to continue her road trip, and forgot about her for the moment as he tried to think of who to call. "Do you know someone that could help?" he asked.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 am

"Because if i use bubble-head charm my baloon around the head will be green and i won't be able to see a thing if i am not in the water." Mariana replied from the canon like she knew the answer all along. "Where the hell do you plan to find an auror?" she asked confused at what for to they needed an auror. Fiendfyre after all would have attacked her by now.

She crawled for a few meters more towards the tunnel that apperently had another hole to jump in though she couldn't see anything, but more smoke coming out from it. "Well i know Gabrielle Delacour, but are you sure we do need an auror?" she replied as her voice rang towards the tunnel so Andrew could hear it.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:44 am

Andrew thought for a moment, then realized that he had not after all used the bubble head charm on land. At least he had something new to learn now. "Isn't there a wind charm or something that we could try to blow away all the smoke? A vaccum or something?" He was still a 6th year, and was questioning if they would truely need help after all. After a moment of thought, he couldn't think of anything to help get rid of the smoke.

"We only need an auror," he said calmly looking into the tunnel, and was nearly blinded by the large quantity of it "if we run into any trouble. And besides, there are probably going to be things down in there, so I'm not sure what to do. Any idea?" Suddenly, there was a large sound of explosion that made Andrew drop to the ground. Flames then burst through 3 small holes near Andrew and he quickly lunged away from it. Fire cascaded down onto the trees and began to burn at an alarming rate.

"S*it!" he swore, aiming his gloves out towards the trees "Aguamenti!" he yelled, and the sound of roaring water was heard. A moment later, the area smelt horrible and smoke escaped to the clouds. "Something exploded out here Mari!" he yelled into the small hole.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:43 pm

Mariana was communicating with Andrew through the little hole where she crawled in few minutes ago. "Yes there's a wind charm, but it's a very advanced auror spell. And even if i could do it, it's highly unlikely i wouldn't be blown away too since it causes a real huricane storm," she spoke up not really liking the idea of calling Gabrielle. That thought slipped through her mouth and she wasn't able to make some exuce now.

"Yeah i guess i'll have to call Ga..." she suddenly stopped as she heard no more no less then a real sized explosion outside her little hideout. "Thanks for the tip, but i heard it pretty well." she called out as she got out again looking at more smoke outside. Suddenly she was able to breath normally again. "Are you alive?" she asked grumbling towards him now a little clumsy when she got out of the cave.

Now her wand was pointed into the air as she called out for her Phoenix patronus and dissappeared a moment later after she muttered a few words to him to call Gabrielle before they would get killed.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top