Welcome to the man cave
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Welcome to the man cave Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Welcome to the man cave

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome to the man cave Empty Welcome to the man cave

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:15 am

Jack was sort of... running late.

"F*CK YOU!"

Jack sighed, twisting Raymond Carter's arm farther behind his back as she walked him into the Ministry of Magic. Her recent side project had been investigating potential American spies, as there was a rumor going about that someone beneath Lee Shepherd was trying to debunk his position and obtain a slice of the British Empire. Carter was an American, a Death Eater, and an American Ministry loyalist who had suddenly uprooted to London. She had sent a quick note to Kip, letting him know her work had culminated in an arrest of sorts, and was now taking Carter to one of the special Unspeakable cells.

Her secretary stared at her as Jack stormed in, the large man struggling in front of her. "J-Jack?"

"Holding procedure yellow - overnight, food and water provided all up front. I'll be back tomorrow once he's had a chance to think about his options." She walked him down the hall into the holding area and pushed him inside. The secretary appeared at her side with a large box. Inside was a few sandwiches, a plastic cup of water, towels, a soap - some basic essentials.

"You can't just keep me here," he argued smugly.

Jack pulled out a piece of parchment and threw it to him. "Wanted for the torture of three American muggles. You're lucky I didn't take you to Azkaban's holding cells." The man went pale and she continued on. "Right. I have some friends who will come by - take some statements. I'll be back tomorrow. I expect something helpful, regarding the Americans who are trying to get under our skin here. If not, expect the full force of the law regarding your victims."

And she closed the door. She tapped some buttons, ensuring that he would be provided adequate light. She may find the crimes revolting, but dignity of life was still a right until he stood trial.

She sighed and hurried back through the hallway, her secretary following. "Have Fred Weasley check in on him. I've left a copy of the file on your desk to give him. If he's not about... call Claire Bishop. This is her area too. I've got to go."

"Sorry, where?"

Jack grinned as she stepped into her office fireplace. "Poker night with the boys."

WHOOSH.

"F*ckin' hell."

Jack tumbled out of the fireplace, brushing herself off, coughing horribly. "Keiran! The fireplace needs a thorough clean."

She stumbled into kitchen area, looking about. "Right. So... everyone else is here?"

"You're tardy, Dyllan," Gabby said, eyes on his cards as he deposited some chips into the center. "Ante was five galleons. Might be ten for you."

"Ante was one galleon," Kip corrected, glancing at Gabby. He looked up at Jack. "So, yeah - it's ten for you."

She thwapped the latter on his back, muttering, "Shove off. I told you I'd be late. Alright, wankers-" She looked about at the table, giving a sarcastic little curtsy. "I apologize profusely for my tardiness. I'm even sorrier to interrupt your egotistical circle-jerk, potential gay-orgy in progress - oh, Avery!"

Whoops. She had not expected a female in their midst. That shouldn't have changed her feelings on the matter. But she somehow found herself feeling a bit awkward. "Right. Didn't know you'd be here. Nice to see you though. Lovely."

Gabby was nearly crying, so great was the effort to keep himself from laughing.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the man cave Empty Re: Welcome to the man cave

Post by Lucien Holt Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:01 pm

Keiran wasn't in the room when Jack came in. He was helping Charlie find Darcie's new favorite stuffy, and setting her up with the television. "If you need anything, just interrupt us. Or bring her in if something goes wrong," he offered, knowing that while she may have watched Darcie before, the baby was growing, her quiet temperament slowly becoming a bit more impatient and fussy. A bit like her mother, Keiran mused to himself wryly.

When he caught Jack's greeting, he rolled his eyes and gave a nod to Charlie before stepping out into the main area of the flat. "Love, if I was expecting people to floo here, I would've done. But even I don't use that thing."

Apparently he had walked into something pretty awkward, given Avery's shocked expression and Gabby's best attempts at hiding his laugh. Keiran paused, his wary expression floating between everyone else in the room.

"Honestly," Avery cut in after a pause, "It's fine. I just... forget sometimes that anyone can be as crude as Robin is."

Ah. Keiran chuckled, shaking his head. "Sorry, Jack. Meant to say she was joining us this week. Robin's off on business or something, right Ave?"

The blonde nodded, lifting her shoulders in a shrug. Keiran knew just as well as she did, now, what her husband was actually up to. "Then again," Avery cut in, unable to hide the grin that tugged at her lips, "you were once a great deal more crass than you let on, Keiran."

A falsely warning look was sent her way as he said, "that's bad form, love, outing me in front of my guests."
Lucien Holt

Number of posts : 612
Special Abilities : Seer l Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:18 pm

Gabby was wheezing as Avery assured Jack that she was used to a foul mouth, but the laughter coming from the Short man was enough to irritate Jack despite the blonde woman's assurances. She smacked him across the back of the head, not exactly holding back, and he ducked, the laughter dying in his throat. "What the f*cking hell? Get off your damn period already. It's been five years."

"It's fine," Jack said, her eyes looking at Keiran before tilting towards Avery. "I'm not mad or anything I just-" Gabby was starting to snicker again so she gave him another thwack, causing another stream of expletives to dribble out of his mouth. "Whatever."

"Sit, please, before Gabby's head rolls off his shoulders," Kip said, nodding towards an empty chair.

Jack smirked at Keiran's words to Avery as she sat. "Oh, come off it, we all pegged you for the secret bad boy. Act all saintly on the outside, we know."

"I don't have any idea what she's talking about," Kip said loftily to Keiran, nodding to show his support as he dished out Jack's chips.

"I haven't forgotten the real reason behind the Quidditch fiasco," Jack muttered, reaching for Kip's butterbeer, steadfast avoiding Keiran's eye as a smirk settled on her face.

((If this doesn't work into the timeline to be after the Ministry thread, I can edit))
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Bishop Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 pm

[lol, it's fine by me! Avery wasn't there, so this should be amusing.]

Keiran sank into the chair beside Avery's, shaking his head a bit at Jack. Neither he nor Avery were concerned that Jack was offended by the blonde's presence. After all, when she did show up at games, it meant she and Robin were on good terms, and as far as Keiran could tell, he did better when he was there. Then again, it did make them sound a bit like teenagers, didn't it?

Gabby's curses made Avery laugh behind one hand, flicking her gaze towards him appreciatively. It wasn't often she got to relive her university days, but this was a good start. Robin would have loved it were he not out of the country, off for "family business." She didn't let herself dwell on that thought too long, fearing she might blush or smirk - or both.

When Keiran reached for his drink, Avery didn't expect him to choke on it, so she turned to him with wide, confused eyes. "What's the matter?" she asked, frowning when he waved her off and glared at Jack.

While Avery fussed over whether or not he had made a mess, Keiran debated whether or not Kip actually knew and was lying, or if he genuinely hadn't heard. How could Jack not have told them? Avery didn't know because Robin didn't know, and that, really, was a mercy. He could picture Robin's gleeful expression the moment the story was explained, and Avery's pure shock. She was almost too innocent to hear about it, Keiran decided.

"I will once again point out that I did not start it, and pretend you didn't just bring that up in my own place."
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Jack was smirking widely at Keiran as she continued to lean in in the sly attempt to steel Kip's drink. He, however, was having his own fun, his finger hooked around the mug's handle, slowly pulling it out of her grasp as she reached for it. Keiran's expression of displeasure kept her from noticing the small prank being pulled against her. Finally, irritation at not having her prize, she flicked her eyes towards the drink, which Kip was now lifting to his lips. She squished her lips together in irritation.

"What the hell are you referring to, Jack?" Gabby said, just as intrigued as Avery. "You're leaving us hanging."

Jack straightened up and headed towards the fridge, hoping to find a beer or something better. She looked inside, speaking in a lofty voice which did nothing to mask her pleasure at being deemed Storyteller. "I mean, I'm not very keen to relive the worst moment of my life, but I'm sure Keiran could explain."

She popped the cap off the beer bottle and took a swig, smirking.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top