Dangerous Duo - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dangerous Duo - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dangerous Duo

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dangerous Duo - Page 2 Empty Re: Dangerous Duo

Post by Desmond Miller Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:44 pm

"So what would be best for me?" he asked, still not knowing on how all the magical pranks worked. He had lived in the magical world for 3 years, but still hadn't learned everything yet. He was anxious though, to learn the higher up pranks, something that probably wouldn't happen for a while. Hopefully sooner.

"What if we charm a box or something," he said, planning out all the blueprints in his head "that allows that spell Levicorpus just fly out, and hits the nearest person within a 10 foot radius or something!" He was getting excited now, ready to test out his pranking skill. He wasn't a die-hard pranker, and often tried to concentrate on his studies, but couldn't leave the humorous world of pranking. It was in his blood.
Desmond Miller
Desmond Miller

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Jack considered the idea for a second and nodded thoughtfully. "That is actually a really good idea. We may have to put that into action. But a signature prank is a small one, and usually something you can carry with you everywhere so you always have it accessible to you."

She smiled. "Usually...enhanced muggle items seem to work the best, because wizards don't expect it. Whoopee cushions, rubber dung, that sort of thing. Or even elementary wizard jokes. The point is, you take something simple yet versatile, apply creativity, and it keeps people guessing." She suddenly thought of it. "Trick wands would be perfect. You prank someone, and slip a prank wand in their pocket next to their other one. They get confused, try it out, get disgruntled." She smiled to herself. Simple, yet very entertaining, and it could be adapted to the situation. "But it's up to you. The prank has to be the poster child of your unique style."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmond Miller Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:20 am

"Well I want to make a statement," he said grinning and flash some of his bright teeth "I want the world to know that I am here, and that I'm ready to take a risk. Not just some one hit wonder or something." He talked boldly, but in reality, he was sort of scared that whatever he would do could affect his grades or something. One side to Desmond was the brave, courageous, and prankster. The other side was the conscience side, with the book smarts attached. It was a 50-50 relationship, and it sometimes bothered him

"So," he said painting another grin on his face "what do about charming those things I was telling you about? Is it some really cool spell or something? Or a potion?"
Desmond Miller
Desmond Miller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Jack nodded, understanding the severity of the commitment that becoming a prankster was to some people. It was a statement, like becoming goth or something, because it was giving the world the birdie in a sense. Jack had never made a conscious decision to be a prankster. She was just born one it seemed. But it was not so natural for something. And it could be intimidating.

Her musings were brought to a halt by his eager questions and her eyes snapped to him, not having heard the whole question. "Oh, you mean for the box? Or for what?" She thought that maybe a levicorpus spell, mixed with a containment and expulsion charm may do the trick, but she would have to tamper with it.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmond Miller Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:16 am

Desmond shook his head to help get the flow of blood working a lot faster in his mind. For a moment, he was thinking a lot further than he should have, causing him to speak in a random pattern. He really needed to stop doing that, it made him sound like some sort of nerd. Or at least he thought it made him look like that. "I meant," he said in a calm voice, feeling his thoughts begin to slow "what do we do first? I mean, there's gotta be a lot of things we could do! We could make a potion that makes people hover off the ground or something! Magic has no possibilities, right?"

At that moment, he looked like a little kid, wanting to learn more and more about something like it was a brand new game or something. He often liked to play video games...he did live in a very high tech place after all. "Is there anything we could do, anything at all?!" He almost looked like he was about to pass out from all the excitement. Finally, he would be able to embrace the side in him that had been tormented by all the right and polite. He wanted anarchy, he wanted something to get his blood flowing. And Jack was his only link at that moment.
Desmond Miller
Desmond Miller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:30 am

Jack smirked amusedly as Desmond seemed to overexcite himself and begin to go on somewhat of a small rant about what was supposed to come next now that he had decided that he wanted to be a prankster. He seemed eager to continue now that he was dedicated to the idea.

She looked thoughtfully over his shoulder and her eyes scanned the crowd for some sort of inspiration, though all she thought of was ideas she had planned for Hogwarts and the teachers. It would not do to reveal some of her evil plots just to relieve some of her pent up frustration and boredom.

So she turned to him. "Why don't we try that box idea? I never thought of something like that before." She grinned encouragingly at him and her eyes scanned the crowded street. She spotted a dingy cardboard box and jogged over to retrieve it before returning. She smiled and handed it to him, excited to see how he did. "So you need two things. One- you need to figure out how to trap the spell in the box, and Two- how to get someone to open it up."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmond Miller Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:35 am

Desmond's head continued to spin rapidly as his thoughts churned more and more ideas. For a 14 year old boy, he was rather hyper and excitable. Something that did not show in most 14 year olds. Most of them were sarcastic and rather hung out with their friends. For him however, he always thought of new ways to find an adventure or some great new pranking idea. He blinked a couple of times as Jack began to explain to him on how they would perform such a prank. He was still a novice to magic, feeling like he was a complete idiot at that point. He didn't know how to 'trap' the spell within.

"Okay," he said quietly, feeling his embaressment begin to rise "how about we run to W.W.W. and find ourselves something that could trap the spell. For I have no idea how to do so." He hated having to admit that, to show weakness. But it was sort of alright with Desmond considering that he was an apostle under Jack. "So do you want to head there now?" he asked in another excitable tone.
Desmond Miller
Desmond Miller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Jack normally would have suggested finding somewhere where the could attempt to tamper with the spell, but she knew (probably better than anyone) that the things that you learned about pranking mostly came from trial and error, and realizing your mistakes and when things had gone wrong. There was no scientific method for pranking...

She nodded and said, "Sure thing. Let's go." She never minded a trip to her beloved Weasley's Wizards Wheezes. She even hoped to buy the shop once she was eighteen and became its owner. To fill the place of her heroes, the legendary Weasley twins, would be her biggest dream...
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmond Miller Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:51 pm

Desmond said 'yes!' under his breath, feeling overexcited that he was going to learn something new. The last few attempts at him trying to prank someone had ended in failure...the latest being the one that Jack herself had witnessed. He was a little afraid of admitting failure, something that he had always had since a child. Yet it moved from failing tests, to failing his pranks. He still cared very much for his studies and all of his work, but pranking was the think that got his heart to pump blood. That allowed him to be sane and not collapse from under all the pressure he was feeling at home. Yet that is for another story at some point in time. He was only focused on getting to WWW, the sanctuary of all pranksters.

He walked past Jack, his attempts at hiding his excitement ending in failure. "Let's go!" he said and began on a slow walk, his footsteps seeming to bounce a little. It was a little depressing that he would never be able to meet both the twins that had started the shop, yet one alive Weasley was still a blessing. He turned his head back, slowing down for a moment as he waited for Jack. He stood, feeling his blood begin to push harder and harder through the stream, almost as if he were visiting Honeydukes for the first time. "So what made you get into pranking people ma'am?" he asked, not even realizing that he had in fact using a formal word.
Desmond Miller
Desmond Miller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:29 pm

Jack smirked to herself as Desmond hurried in front of her, excitement and eagerness evident in his walk and his expression. She remembered being that excited about just about everything in her life. Lately though she did not have much to be excited for, besides her pranking. It was nice to see that enthusiasm even if it did not come from her.

He turned and seemed to realize how eager he had become and that in his excitement she had left her ambling in his dusty wake. She was one who walked fast, but this boy was practically skipping ahead. He fell back and she smiled amusedly at his question though her eyebrow pricked disapprovingly at his use of the word ma'am letting him know that she was not too fond of formality.

She shrugged. "Nothing got me into it. I have a dreadful family so I always would do light-hearted teasing to them to resent them less." Desmond would soon learn Jack was not one to hide her home life. She found no need. She was going to take out her less-than-pleasing home life on other people. They might as well know about it.

"Then I got bored at school, so I made it more interesting and I was god. It became a hobby. It's not always for a point or for attention. It's just because I enjoy pranking, no other reason. The better I got, the more my horizons expanded. It's just me."

She stepped into the shop and walked over to the clerk, who she knew quite well. "Hey Stanley. Long time no see, eh? Just helping my friend find something." She grinned at him and walked over to Desmond, jerking her head towards the shelves. "The best way to find inspiration is to go after it with a club. Just be open for ideas. So go after it." She chuckled.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top