The Need to Duel - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Need to Duel - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Need to Duel

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Need to Duel - Page 3 Empty Re: The Need to Duel

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:39 am

Andrew chuckled quietly and then said "It's alright I sometimes get that way as well. So I'm a bit interested about Sectumsempra. What does it do exactly?" He had seen a demonstration back when she had split that dummy, but didn't know its true use.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:54 am

Sophia looked at him shocked when he said he was interested in Sectumsempra and asked what it did. "It's a dark spell that creates large, blood-oozing gashes on the subject as if said subject had been slashed by a sword."said Sophia softly. "I have tons of scars from that curse."said Sophia softly. "The movement of the wand effects how someone is cut, so if you wild wand slings at me, I would probably get them on my stomach, face and arms but if you pointed it at my stomach and say it, my stomach will only bleed."said Sophia softly. "It's a very dark spell, but it's very popular to use in serious duels and battles like I mentioned."said Sophia.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:00 am

Andrew felt a bit more intimidated by this spell. Who would create such a thing? Yet he knew he would have to learn it. Dark times were ahead and he knew strong spells would be the light to repel it. He would have to learn. "So I guess we put that off for now," he said softly "How about bombardo?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:17 am

"It's just a small explosion that's all, but very handy for it can knock people against the wall and leave them knock out for a while."said Sophia softly. "Although there's a strong version of this spell as well which is Bombarda Maxima a stronger version of Bombarda, provokes explosions capable of bringing an entire wall down. "said Sophia softly. "It might seem like a weak spell, but it's not!"said Sophia honestly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:00 am

Andrew listened patiently as she decribed the effects of Bombarda. It sounded like a nice spell. "Alright, could we try that one out?" he asked excitedly being able to learn a new spell. Amazing how he was able to learn so much in just one day.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:14 am

"Sure I don't see why not, although we have to repaired the walls once were done but that's no biggie."said Sophia softly. " Bombarda!" sophia as she waved it above her head a couple of times and the pointed it at the wall. As it exploded Sophia smiled and looked at him. "Ok, your turn now!"said Sophia as she repaired the wall and waited for him to try.

ooc: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Bombarda
^ click there to see how Hermione does it in the screenshot
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:22 am

Andrew used his left arm to cover his eyes as dust erupted. "Jeez!" he said laughing. He grabbed his wand again and mimiced what Sophia had done before. He then shouted Bombarda as the wall exploded into small dust. After it was cleared, the wall had about a 5 inch hole in it that was about a foot in length. "Well I at least got 50% of the wall gone.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:40 am

"Protego!"Sophia cried as the rumbls of the wall went everywhere. around them "It's not as powerful as Bombarda Maxima, but it's pretty close!"said Sophia taking her right arm away from her eyes. "Reparo!"said Sophia as the wall repaired herself. "The effect would be worse if it was Bombarda Maxima!"said Sophia softly. "Ok, any more spells you want to know?"Sophia asked him softly brushing the dirt off her robe.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 am

Andrew wiped off the brown dust paticles from the explosion from the wall off his jacket and shirt. He then chuckled a bit and then said "How about Levicorpus? I've tried it before, yet I had never had mastered it."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:57 pm

"Sophia smiled as he mentioned Levicorpus. "Ah... when I frist tried it I didn't get it the first time as well, but I did get on the second try."said Sophia smiling. "Ok...lets try it."said Sophia as she turned to face the death eater dummy. "Levicorpus!" said Sophia as she did a upward flick with her wand as a bright flash came out of her wand. As the death eater dummy was lifted in the air by one ankle she smiled. "Now you try it, I'm sure you'll be able to do it."sdaid Sophia softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top