The Need to Duel - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Need to Duel - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Need to Duel

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Need to Duel - Page 2 Empty Re: The Need to Duel

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:15 am

Andrew tried to soak in the short lesson as quickly as possible. At last he thought he had it and then said "Petrificus Totalus". He hit the dummy square in the chest but it was only pushed back a few feet. It then continued slowly. "Man," he said disappointed by his show of skill
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:24 am

"It's all in the wrist Andrew, here let me teach you how."said Sophia softly as she walked towards him and put her hand on his and showed him. "Ok... now follow my lead and say the spell at the same time ok?"Sophia asked him. "You ready?"Sophia asked as her hand rested on his ready to do the right wand movement for this spell. "Don't worry, after I'll do it with you, you'll get it down."said Sophia softly. "All spells and curses are ALL in the wrist."said Sophia.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:41 am

Andrew nodded again with new found confidence. It was also boosted by the fact is was a manequin of a Death Eater. The perfect dummy of choice. He moved his hand in tune with Sophias and then flicked it in a new way. "Petrificus Totalus!" he chanted and then the spell fired again. This time the dummys wooden arms fell down to its side and backed up a bit. Andrew smiled briskly and then said under his breath "Yes!". He turned back to Sophia and said "Your a great teacher!"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:59 am

"See you did it!"said Sophia giving him a soft warm smile as she took her hand off of his and took a step away from. "Thanks Andrew, I guess it has alot with helping Potter's Army alot over the years."said Sophia softly. "Ok now, lets see if you can do it on your own and if you can we'll move on to Impedienta which is a spell I use alot."said Sophia smiling. "Ok ready when you are."said Sophia as she flicked her wand at the dummy as it came back up and started moving towards them. "Remember, it's ALL in the wrist even though each spell as a different movement."said Sophia softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:06 am

Andrew smiled back and then aimed his wand at the dummy. Carefully flicking his wrist, he pointed at the dummy as it was approaching him. He chanted the same spell and its arms flung down to its side, but wasn't forced back like last time. Yet he was glad enough anything happened at all. He saud yes again under his breath and the looked back at her. "Awesome," he said.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:42 am

"Ok, I think you gotten that spell mastered I shall say."said Sophia giving him a softly warm smile. As she flicked her wand at the dummy it appeared back to it normal state. "Ok, now for Impedienta one of my favorite spells and you'll see why."said Sophia softly. As she pointed her wand at the death eater dummy as it was coming towards her. "Impedimenta!"said Sophia as the death eater was knocked across the room and hit the hall hard. "Very popular spell, for it's able to do alot of things it's capable of tripping, freezing, binding, knocking back and generally impeding the target's progress towards the caster."said Sophia softly. "Although Stronger uses of this spell seem capable of blowing targets away. "said Sophia.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:49 am

Andrew made a long pheeeeeew whistle sound. That spells looked very powerful. As she explained it, he fiddled his wand in his fingers, there was a lot of crazy spells that he would have to learn. And hopefully he would be good at it. He had mangaged to get a glimpse of how she flicked her wand and he figured he had it figured out now. Yet he knew it was going to take a few tries to get this one. Or at least one bad back fire. Hopefully it was a few tries. He looked at the dummy again and it was going back to where it originally was. Andrew aimed his wand up to eye length and the thought of the spells pronounciation in order to get it right. He arched his arm back and then flicked it the same way Sophia had done before. "Impedimenta" he chanted and a beam of light shot through his wand and hit the dummy. The dummy skidded back and then fell backwards. "Wow," he said throughly surprized "Didn't think I'd get it my first try."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:08 am

"Wow Andrew, very good you got that on the first try without my help!"said Sophia giving him a soft warm smile. "So anymore spells you want to know? I have tons of them up my sleeves."said Sophia laughing her tinkling bell laugh. "Although I read alot and my farther taught me some of these spells."said Sophia softly. "There's alot more like Confundo which causes your victim to become confused and befuddled."said Sophia smirking as she mentioned that spell. "Heck, there alot of spells I haven't heard of myself that I haven't even learned!"said Sophia honestly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:15 am

Andrew still felt exhilerated after finally getting a spell right. He had never been the one to duel, but he really concentrated that time and he figured it really showed. He looked at her again and smiled "I'm not sure really. What would be a good spell to use during a duel?" He asked her this because he wanted to partcipate in an upcoming dueling tournament and wanted to be champion.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:35 am

"Well... in serious duels and battles it would be Sectumsempra, for it's the best spell to use against your victims but as for a duel against Hogwarts student I wouldn't say that would be a very good spell to use."said Sophia softly. "I would say Bombarda, Expelliarmus, Impedimenta, Incarcerous,Levicorpus as well as many others."said Sophia naming off a couple that were good. "You can also use those in serious duels and battles at times as well, for they come in handy."said Sophia softly. "Sorry I'm just blabbering on, with my stupid book=worm knowledge."said Sophia softly looking away. "But yeah, there's some spells you could use."said Sophia.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top